Coming Soon: Time Capsules! [GUIDE]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Great work as always on the videos!

I do have to ask, though - this Test Update has only been up for a few days. How much did you have to wheel and deal to get full sets of the Lantern Corps Emblems AND the Batsuit?

I mean, I figure keys are free on test, so that'll speed things up - but that still seems like an awfully short time to gather full sets considering the RNG at work.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i downloaded test again yesterday my first capsule i got the indigo emblem second Capsule head mod, third capsule Sinestro/fear Emblem.
  3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Question, are they tradable and can they be sold to broker?
  4. Emoney Dedicated Player

Mepps referred to the drop rate of the capsule themselves to be the same as on both test and live. But, I believe the contents will be adjusted before live.

On test they want as many people as possible to try on all the goodies to make sure they all work.

This wont be profitable for them if we all complete everything within the two months. They want us to spend spend spend...this year....next year.....etc.
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thank you :)

I actually didn't wheel and deal. I did buy a few items off the Broker, but I obtained almost everything by opening capsules. I've opened more than 100 capsules the past weekend and got everything except 1 last collection piece. The stabilisers aren't just given away, either, sadly. I've been earning them the old fashioned way by running the Duo to make stabilisers. So I've done about 500 runs of the Duo give or take the occasional help I had from Jafin.

The RNG isn't terrible on these boxes, to be honest. The only items which are hard to get are the 3, blue collection pieces for each of the auras (1 for each) because they only have a chance of dropping from the Provisions capsule. Apart from the Batman chest, I've seen every Batman style item at least twice and the same for the Emblems, even the ultra rare Black and White lantern ones.
    • Like x 1
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

100 capsules......500 duo runs.....oh the keys, the replays, lol but yeah no problem here....working as intended

Tori look at what you just wrote and think for a second
    • Like x 2
  7. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

that only 100 WITHOUT trading which is by far the worst case. So you could easily cut that number in by a 1/3 just with trading duplicate items. Cut it even further by buying rarer piece with in-game money. From the numbers he is presenting (Yes I will admit small sample size) you could finish all of these in months with no real money spent.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

How do you figure when you get 18 keys free in 3 months
    • Like x 1
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

That would be true if this were a "one and done" situation but its not. Its also been revealed that if this "batch" is successful, there will be Capsules II, Capsules III etc etc, but that they'll use the same stabilisers. Let me break down what I mean:

Capsules I:
    Future Batman Gear
    Lantern Emblems
    Lantern Mist Auras
    + Gobbledy Goop

Capsules II
    Future Flash Gear
    Weapon Styles
    Rebirth Styles
    + Gobbledy Goop

Capsules III
    Rebirth Style X (that was left out of II)
    New Body Type
    New "Material"
    + Gobbledy Goop

Now ofc II & III's contents are completely made uo, but what im trying to get across is that once (if) capsule I is found to be worth the resources, II and III will come along and extend the relevance of stabilisers, thus making "tampering with drop rates" pointless. It would make no sense. The disappointment of capsule I would only tarnish sales of capsules II & III and beyond.
  10. Comicbookguy87 New Player

This is great is the pc test still going I had to update on my pc!
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

How do you thats worst case? For all we know 100 is best case.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

The worst case I was referring to was opening every box yourself and not relying on trading or Broker to obtain any pieces.

and again on a side note please use the reply button when addressing someone post directly otherwise no one knows who you are talking to and have no context for your reply.
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Any one who can read posts in order and comprehend can figure out who im talking to. Let it go

Oh so you're relying on others to blow money on keys for your benefit, right
    • Like x 1
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Pretty excited about this and really glad almost everything will be trade-able. Spot on!

I will support this initiative with buying some keys :)
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

later on in trade chat WTT Red mist aura for green or yellow mist aura :D.

i can't wait for this hit live just two more days :D
  16. inferno Loyal Player

I was disappointed that they made the fragment duo as account bound. However, I just can't believe the anger that some people have expressed over this as a money grab. Why is it so wrong for DCUO to offer something and make profit off it? Why do people always forget that this is a business and in order for it to continue and thus continue the gameplay; it needs to make money?

We have 6 keys to get for free each month. They could have easily have put this whole thing in the marketplace for purchase completely; with RNG intact. If you decide you want what is inside, then pay to get more keys. Have they even decided the price for the keys, yet?

The only other thing I am surprised with is the announcement that this is temporary and we don't know for how long. They should just keep it up and add more styles in there.
    • Like x 1
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Keys scarce or costly, while capsules stack high.
    10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

lol no not at all I have no way of knowing if the piece im trading for or buying on the broker came out of someone 1st or 400th box and frankly it is none of my business. With thousands of player able to take part in this system and only dozens of outcomes in boxes duplicates will appear fast and numerous whether players spend money on keys or not. Some players may even take the option of selling ALL their early opened boxes for peak sell prices in the first couple weeks. So no the ability to trade is not based on the other players spending money on the keys.
    • Like x 1
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

You don't have to try and explain to me a system I've already played live.

This is our new CEOs baby....he did this in his last game....Neverwinter.

I urge everyone to download NW, and play it for ten hours.....you will see how this works for them not us.

There will always be a box going.....but the timeframe of each box coupled with the rng will make this extremely hard for anyone to get everything in the first two months....without opening 100+boxes.

I dont want stuff for free.....I want an honest direct purchase.....thats what the MP is for, not lottery tickets.
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

You're arguing with people that don't care about anyone but themselves.

They're ok with this if anyone other than then is paying or forgoing goodies so they can have them.

They seem to have this completely irrational view that on day one the broker is going to be inundated with beautiful batman gear

The truth is it isn't and the only batman gear on the broker will be the pieces going for tens of millions of dollars.

You're arguing with people that don't see reason or objectiveness because they're too blinded by the prospect of even getting a mist aura.

It is that desire that the devs are counting on and again I'll say it preying on that will make people buy heaps of keys even on day one.

It is truly truly horrible. I actually feel sorry for those players I really do.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.