Coming Soon: Time Capsules! [GUIDE]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As you may have heard, Booster Gold has been filling up Time Capsules with lots of useful and exciting items to send through the Multiverse to you! These will begin appearing in game with Game Update 63. But how do you find them? How can you open them? What’s waiting for you when you do? Let’s find out…

HOW TO OBTAIN A TIME CAPSULE:

Time Capsules can be obtained through regular gameplay. You don’t need to do anything special in order to get these. As you’re playing the game as you normally would, you will eventually find a capsule waiting for you when you defeat an enemy. This Time Capsule will drop for a limited time after Game Update 63, and then down the road return periodically.

HOW TO OPEN A TIME CAPSULE:

To open a capsule, you’ll need a Stabilizer. There are two ways to obtain a stabilizer: purchasing one from the Marketplace - soon available permanently for 100 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Marketplace Cash (Console) - or putting one together through gameplay.

When you purchase a whole Stabilizer from the Marketplace, you can use it right away to open your capsule.

In game, you’ll need to find Stabilizer Fragments. You can use these fragments to piece together a full stabilizer, which can open a capsule. Stabilizer Fragments can currently be earned in-game in the new Duo Event, “Suicide Squad Training.” Head to Belle Reve to fight against guards, and possibly come face-to-face with a member of the Suicide Squad! You can find this in your On Duty menu under the “Events” tab.

[IMG]

Suicide Squad Training can be completed once per account per day. Free players will receive 3 Stabilizer Fragments per event, Premium players will receive 4 Stabilizer Fragments per event, and Members will receive 6 Stabilizer Fragments per event. It will take 15 Stabilizer Fragments to build a complete Stabilizer. Stabilizer Fragments and Stabilizers are special types of currency that are shared by all characters on your account.

Once you use a stabilizer to open a capsule, you’ll see what sort of goodies Booster Gold has sent to you!

WHAT IS INSIDE A TIME CAPSULE:

Each capsule is tradable and once opened will include a variety of useful, mostly tradable, items. Some of these items will be included inside a separate capsule or box inside the Time Capsule. These contain styles, auras, collections, and gear, including:

Future Crusader’s Gear
    Get one of these boxes in your Time Capsules and you’ll find it contains Future Batman-inspired gear that is level-appropriate to your character. There are different boxes for different item types, including Head, Shoulders, Back, Chest, Waist, Hands, Legs, or Boots.

[IMG]

These boxes are tradable until they’re consumed; then, since the gear becomes attuned to your current character’s role and level, they will be locked to that character.

Lantern Corps Emblems
    Show your support of the Lantern Corps with these new Emblems! There is an emblem available for every Corps:
    • Black Lantern Corps
    • White Lantern Corps
    • Orange Lantern Corps
    • Red Lantern Corps
    • Blue Lantern Corps
    • Green Lantern Corps
    • Indigo Tribe
    • Sinestro Corps
    • Star Sapphire Corps
    [IMG]

In addition to adding flair to your in-game appearance, each Emblem grants a feat, as does collecting them all!

Misted Auras
    When you collect certain items from the capsules, they will go towards completing a collection that rewards you with a misted aura – Green, Amber, or Red!

[IMG]

Think any of your Lantern Corps-inspired characters could use one of these?

AND MORE!
    New stat/ability mods, Exobytes, R&D materials, other styles, and additional helpful items will also be found in the capsules. To hear additional information about these new Time Capsules, and to see some of the style items in action, rewatch this livestream replay from July 2016:

Time Capsules will launch with Game Update 63! Stay tuned to the official forums (that's here!) and DCUO Social Channels (Twitter, Facebook) for more information!
    • Like x 13
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can you use replays on the new duo?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 4
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ok thank you, threw me off when it said loot locks are account bound so I thought it would be similar to the vault or something.
    • Like x 1
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Sounds great but I have a few questions.

1 - How long will the Event Duo last, as well as the Capsules ?

2 - How do you create a Stabilizer ? Just collecting Fragments ? Or are there plans and Marks of Victory involved ?

Also, one comment, I believe a few of those emblems should actually be white. Like Sinestro Corps and Red Lantern.
    • Like x 1
  6. YinChakra Dedicated Player

7. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

How much are the Stabilizers going to be in the marketplace?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I guess the question should be, cost of the key vs replay cost.
    • Like x 8
  9. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

What CR do you need to be to run the duo? What level are the NPC's?
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yikes I didn't even think about this. Is this a stat-clamped event ????
  11. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Oh no
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As long as it's relatively easy I don't see why stat clamping would be an issue.
  13. Caroline Dedicated Player

Beautiful.
  14. Craven Green Loyal Player

Can't wait but will have too and looking forward to the questions asked above.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  15. DarkAya Dedicated Player

...and the magic dies.
    1. How do we "piece together a full stabilizer"? R&D Plans? Cost?
    2. Stabilizer's MP price?

Well, if it's gonna take like... a week, to create just one Stabilizer... *sigh*
    • Like x 8
  16. krytine Loyal Player

I am more interested in knowing when gu 63 is going to hit
    • Like x 3
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

How many fragments do we need to create a Stabilizer?
    The fragments are a 100% sure drop or RNG drop?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. This is to be determined. A few months.
    2. Fragments automatically become a Stabilizer when you have collected enough. Details are still to be determined.
    • Like x 2
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

A few months sounds great ! I was thinking it would be a few weeks so that's good.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.