Come on, heroes. We've got to help save this city....Marvel's The Defenders Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jul 21, 2016.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Not sure if its the actor or the script or both. Danny Rand is a whining little brat. -_-
  3. TheOtherTed Active Player

I hear ya, but I think it's intentional. Seems like he's supposed to be the most shallow of the four, lacking experience and clinging to an ideal that's woefully out of place in the real world. He's a child, basically, while the others have already had varying degrees of "stupid" knocked out of them.

That said, I like Danny Rand the least of the four; I've seen enough kids struggle to grow up that I really don't want to watch it for entertainment.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Im legit pissed. I liked this show but I simply can't follow what just happened.... Like why??

Edit: nevermind. Flew off the handle too soon lol
  5. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I enjoyed the series as well. And while I was hoping for more than 8 episodes, there were a few plot lines that made me feel that the writers in charge needed a good slap to the face. I just cant decide which one to use....

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You mean like....

SPOILER:

Elektra being able to knock out Luke Cage?
  7. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

That fell in there, but there were a few more and I don't want to say them and ruin anything for those who haven't seen it yet.
    Part of me was thinking...wtf are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. writers working on this?
  8. TheOtherTed Active Player

To venture on the edge of spoiler territory, I got:
    1. Two hefty baits-and-switches,
    2. The sense of several lost scenes that didn't make the cut,
    3. Some genuinely funny scenes that made me chuckle,
    4. A couple of subtle digs at a couple of characters (though I may be mis-reading those),
    5. A slightly better appreciation of the Murdock character,
    6. Lots of "bunny punch" fighting, though not as bad as "Daredevil,"
    7. And, near the end, a really annoying "lawyer-ex-machina."
    Overall, it was a fun watch. I don't know if they were deliberately planning to do short "team-up" series amongst the longer single-character series, or if this series was cut short for some reason, but I think that'd be the way to go.

Will also be watching "Daredevil" again to see if I just missed something obvious about Murdock.
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

No spoilers. The show took a while to get going like for example the first 2 episodes could have been condensed to one I think but then onward, it's pretty solid. The pacing moves pretty quickly. There are definitely some scenes that I consider purely filler and some things that just don't quite work, but overall, pretty awesome. It does set up the solo adventures well, too. One positive, at least they at least improved Danny aka Iron Fist... so kudos to them.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I agree. There were so many inconsistent moments it felt as if it was rushed to squeeze into 8 episodes.

I stopped keeping up on agents of shield after I canceled my Hulu sub due to the CW shows being taken off. I watched the 4th season on Netflix though and was in awe on how well written it was. AoS is such an underrated show it's disturbing, probably the best superhero related TV show airing right now.
    • Like x 1
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I haven't been back to AOS since I stopped watching in season 3. I think it was season 3.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Definitely worth checking out the 4th season if you find time
  13. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Defenders is going good, loved the fight between Luke n Danny in the alley
  14. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

watch til the end of the last episode cuz, Marvel teaser.
  15. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I found Defenders to be a fun ride, that leaves their respective series in a good place. I'd even go as far as saying they've fixed the Iron Fist problem for season 2. But I'd have to mirror what some reactors are saying and that Heroes For Hire (Iron Fist & Luke Cage) should happen sooner.

Check out Season 4, the writing gets so much better because they are using a new format of multiple "season" story arcs. They no longer have to draw out a 22 episode season story arc with filler episodes, instead they did two more concise mini arcs for Ghost Rider and LMD's. And they even tie both arcs together nicely.:)
  16. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I thought all the fight scenes were well done. Iron Fists weren't as ho hum as in his series and that first meeting with Luke Cage is priceless.
  17. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The pun-isher