Come on, heroes. We've got to help save this city....Marvel's The Defenders Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jul 21, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And still feel, instead of redoing The Defenders with an entirely new roster, they should have done "Heroes For Hire", they even have Misty Knight who was the 'head' of "H4H"
  2. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I'm not really talking about just a cameo. Daredevil is a lot about lawyers and all that, so having She-Hulk made perfect sense. Plus, there's the whole trila with Punisher. Yet anothr reason why She-Hulk could have shown up. And while we can discuss the location and her home town all week, Punisher was a pretty big deal. It would have made a lot of sense for Jen to take the case. It could even have gone so far as to make her start out as a lawyer doing her job, but then make her start to question her line of work, and her clients. This, in return, could make her a perfect new partner for Foggy in DD season three.

Sure, there are the rights stuff, but I don't really care much about that anymore. It's all about money anyway. Freddy Kruger and Jason Voorhees belonged to seperate studios, and while it took nearly two decades for them to have a crossover-movie, they eventually got one. Spider-man was never, ever, EVER going to show up in Avengers. Again, it's just about the money. She-Hulk isn't a huge character, so I can't imagine it will cost much to get the rights to use her in a Netflix-series. And as far as I know, these shows are all made by Netflix. That means it's Netflix who needs to get the license in the first place, not Marvel, Sony or Fox.

Um... what? That... didn't make any sense at all, sorry.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Amityville Horror, Blair Witch Project... all have "based on a true story" as a selling point. What about documentaries? What about shows like American Crime Story, focusing on the trial of OJ Simpson? What about war-movies taking place in an actual war? What about historical movies?

And as for snuff-movies, that depends a lot on what you consider a snuff-movie. They officially don't even exist (officially), and I think they would be very hard to find, even if they do exist. But on the other hand, I've seen far more people getting killed for real than I even want to consider counting - on the news. Do you think it's a coincidence the news show many horrible things all the time, and rarely anything good? It's not. The horrible stuff sells. The worse, the better.

Um... Game of Thrones isn't real. Not even close. Haven't seen Outlander, but when you mention time travel, I'm 99.999% sure it's not real. And as for Vikings, I know more than enough of the real ones to know 99.999% of all viking movies and tv-series are BS.

And since I have to ask, what's with the orange text?
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have light-sensitive eyes, and too much white text hurts after awhile (used to use a purple shade but that got even more hate, can still find a few really early posts from me on here in that colour :p)
  4. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

No, I don't want to change She-Hulk at all. She's a lawyer, will stay a lawyer. In a lawyer show. The ONLY thing I want is for her to relocate. That's it.

And yeah, I know what a snuff-movie is. The problem is when we dig into "dying for real" means. As I said, people die all the time on the news. Do you consider the news a snuff-show? What about movies where an actor died for real, like in The Crow? Brandon Lee got killed for real during one accident, so the movie was stopped. But his family later agreed to finish the movie, using another actor and CGI. So technically, The Crow is a snuff-movie. He died for real, after all. In other words, what is and what isn't a snuff-movie? It's not as easy to answer as you might think. ;)

And sorry to hear about your eyes. :(
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, news reports are not being sold (or promoted) as 'entertainment', and while Brandon may have died while filming "The Crow", they did not use footage of him getting shot so no, it does not make it a snuff-movie (Richard Harris died during the filming of "Gladiator", that doesn't make that a snuff-film either)
    A snuff-movie is a movie where someone is being seen to be killed: the whole purpose of the movie is to kill someone on film

Jen has very little connection to New York, so has even less reason to relocate (even her time with the Fantastic Four was temporary), personally would prefer if she had her own show based in LA, problem is, there aren't too many Supers over there and most of her lawyering were 'mundane' cases (she is a lawyer first, Gamma-irradiated Goddess second :p)

Oh, and thank you about the eyes
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

The whole point is it's very difficult to determine what a snuff-movie really is. News mainly go for the bad stuff, and they have shown people getting killed on a weekly basis for as long as I can remember. Take 9/11, as an example. The footage of the planes crassing into the towers and the towers collapsing was constantly on the news, even here. Why do you think that was? Sure, it was a horrible terrorist attack, but did they really have to show the planes crashing into the towers? And pretty much putting that video on repeat, only interrupted with the video of the towers collapsing? The main purpose was to draw more viewers, and thus make more money. And we all know a lot of people died in the attack. So while the news didn't have anything to do with the attack, they did capitalize the hell out of it, like they always do. That makes news "snuff". As in people getting killed on camera for real.

In fact, I watched a documentary about snuff-movies, and the term is a whole lot wider than most people realize. So again, there's The Crow. No, they didn't use the footage of him getting killed in the movie, but they DID go on and on about how he got killed while making the movie. Does that make it a snuff-movie? In a way, it did. Not by showing his actual death, but trying to capitalize on it. Personally, I don't think that's any better. Of course, the movie itself is a timeless classic I've seen too many times, and I have most of the soundtrack on Spotify. And it's also a pretty darn good tribute to Brandon Lee. This was his very last movie, but he certainly went out in style. And I mean that in a good way. But going on and on about how he died during the making of the film? That I don't like.

Aaaaanyway, as for She-Hulk, you really need to see the Daredevil-series first. I really don't want to spoil anything. But all I can say is you're too hung up on the comics. We're talking the Netflix-series here, not the comics. Of course there are changes. Heck, if we're going with comics alone, there are still plenty of changes being made now and then. What about Marvel's All-New, All-Different? There are some pretty significant changes there. Marvel are making a Spider-man movie now, but it'll probably be with Peter Parker. And yet, the one and only Spider-man in the comics is Miles Morales. Over in DC, there's an awesome story arch going on right now in Action Comics with Superman, Super-Lex and, uh, Clark Kent. How can Superman and Clark Kent be two different people? Not counting Super-man, of course. The Chinese Superman. ;) If we ask who Batman is, most people wouldn't think about it. They'd go with Bruce Wayne. But it could also be Azrael, Thomas Wayne, or even Damien Wayne. And that's not even counting Batman Beyond.

The point is, tv-series and movies are not the same as comics. They are based on the comics, but they are still free to do some pretty major changes. Heck, if you watch Gotham, they introduced an Ivy Pepper in the first season. She would later become Poison Ivy... who is supposed to be dr. Pamela Isley. They even went so far as to kill a somewhat big character in the Batman-universe, long before Batman shows up. And so what? It's just a tv-series. It's not a comic book, so they are allowed to make changes. Just like they can easily let She-Hulk move to New York in the Daredevil series. And let's face it. If this was real, none of this would even be an issue. So why is it a huge issue if she moves in the tv-series? :)
  7. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Netflix West Coast Avengers make it happen.
    • Like x 2
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Yes Please.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fixated this for you :p
    This way, we can have Squirrel Girl, in all her nutty-glory :D
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just an update from NY Comic Con, it was revealed that the baddie will be played by Sigourney Weaver
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Here's are some pics from Entertainment Weekly's scoop on the Defenders
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

13. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  14. Riggs Well-Known Player

Iron Fist was a massive disappointment of a show.

I love DareDevil, I enjoyed Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but Iron fist bored the ever living excrement out of me to the point where I couldn't watch the last 3 shows.

For a guy supposedly called "the living weapon" the fight scenes were awful. They reminded me of old Knight Rider episodes.
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was that Electra in the coffin? o_O
    And which Big Bad is Ms Weaver playing?
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here is a teaser for Marvel's The Defenders narrated by none other than Stan 'The Man' Lee
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I didn't like the actor, or the plot, or the fight scenes. The only redeeming factor: Wai Ching Ho as Madam Gao.

She's going to be in the Defenders. So I hope she's in a lot of scenes.

Fun Fact: She's a voice of a bystander in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

19. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

20. DCUO Post Loyal Player