Coalition

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Red Jenni, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Red Jenni Loyal Player

What? YOU'RE still around? lol Just kidding, Shadow. Apathy chat was unusual. I've never seen a league's chat be a meeting place like Apathy chat was. Maybe I should send this message over Apathy chat, see who responds? I have sent messages to several leaders.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

I still check in from time to time. This forum is like going to the garbage dump to watch the bears fight over the garbage. Or like watching hobos fight over a 100 dollar bill. They are entertainment but not something you would do on a regular basis.
    • Like x 2
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I can see league leaders being okay with it on the surface, but not doing the work to actively make it happen. Poaching is a reality.

I tend to be part of the late-night crew in my league. There are only a few of us, so we've made friends with other leagues, and the coalition was more natural.

I like the idea of sister leagues, and I wish you well. If there's a chat channel, I'll add it.
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I know you guys, I know you, and I know your league, even when you guys were part of that other league I'll not name. I've already posted an invite on your league thread, but you probably know that, since you're replying here.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Good guess :D
  6. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

This just made my day. lol :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Well, I'm happy to have made your day! You and I have had the exact same conversation not too too long ago.
  8. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Interestingly, I've received a good deal of support for this from the hero side and nothing but cautious questions from the villain side. I'd be the last one to say that everyone that plays hero is a boy scout lol. If we could take a leap of faith, villains, and imagine this being used successfully, and in a friendly way, maybe we can work backwards from there. I've never seen anything but team work from most of you or your leagues.
  9. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I'm not sure why you'd consider our league one to not be named, if it's a personal thing I'm unaware of feel free to enlighten me, but nonetheless, I hope you realize how messy combined league chats get and to not expect much. Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed whether it becomes big and useful, or deflates rather quickly and becomes another LFG chat.

Odd made many good points that many should consider. And something many need to keep in mind is that there's different people, with different preferences and one of the main reasons APATHY chat was so well received was because they all had a similar attitude, and were nice people. I had my fun lingering around there whenever I had spare time. It was funny seeing people get beat up in their League Hall, heh. All in good fun, though!

Overall, good luck with this! :)
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I will extend my services here as I have with friends leagues in the past.

With that said, my league (Digital Hellstorm), and our sister league (Reign of Terror) take priority of any other requests.

Good luck with your alliance. Here is a list of my toons in case you need to fill roles.

Lights Derp: 127cr 223sp Celestial Healer
    Inspector SpaceDerp: 127cr 222sp Gadgets DPS
    LittIe TeaPot (the small L is a capital i): 131cr/126cr 223sp Rage DPS/Tank

Feel free to add them and send tells when you need help.

-Derp
  11. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Hey! Thank you. I will. Of course I would expect any league involved to fill roles from their own league first.

No offense intended. If I've met you in game, it was only once. I merely am not sure about a gray area, here on the forums, with mentioning names and getting banned for "blacklisting" so I'm trying not to name anyone. All I have to say about your league is that I have had nothing but good experiences running with them.
  12. Domi Well-Known Player

Personally, I'm a person who is picky about who I group with. Mainly because I don't want to waste time or deal with immature people. Because of this I tend to play with people who are either older, mature, respectful, and listen to one another. I stay away from Leagues/Groups that have immaturity, people who don't listen, and people who are just utterly disrespectful.

I personally like this idea, but I also feel like it would not be something I personally would take part in. I do however wish you the best. ^^
    Good Luck and I hope you can make your dream/thoughts a reality that succeeds. =)
  13. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Debauchery Tea Party founder here on the EUPS......Anyone who knows the significance of the name or has bothered to look it up will know what we're about. Not quite enough members yet but very useful....and growing
  14. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I think it's a great idea. ExobytesUnited was like that, and we used it a little bit, but it kind of died out. We don't really meet your requirements though. We are tiny, but I actually like that. I know everyone's real people names and use them, and we all help each other out.

I wish you all the luck in the world and really hope it works out for you.
    • Like x 1
  15. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Thank you.
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

This similar to the exbyte unit that was in the league thread a couple months back. That had good intentions like yours.

I am of this idea...

Allow players to have access to 5 leagues at one time. Yeah 5 or even 10 leagues at once. This way, if a player wants to form a group, they can use the various league channels to form the group. The player main league chat that defaults for them would be the league they have had the longest tenure in the game.

I would be for this. This would allow any player to change chat channel or use text chat to state, running Bombshell, need X roles anyone interested?

This would work wonders.

LFG is sort of like this but I believe giving players 5 leagues the success rate of completing content would be higher with cross league function vs. using LFG.

Red you are heading in the right direction, but I believe we should ask the developer to give us the tools to have more than one league on our toon.

I would be even happy if the leagues I have are across all my toons and I'm limited to 5 total per a fraction. That would be fine by me as well.
  17. DrTyme Well-Known Player

While I'm in favor of this type of thing as the Leader of Sharknado, it's not something I would do without first getting the opinion of my league.

There's a few issues that haven't been discussed here which I ran across in the past. Such as what is the acceptable action if say one player is not quite up to par for the group they joined and the instance isn't getting done. Kicking could cause problems because egos have a tendency to get in the way but to force a disband would cause more grief.
    Another issue is when leagues invite new members to their league do they instantly get access to the channel?

Third issue is talking about skill or knowledge of an instance some members that while they are good players may have taken an extended break and not know this instance, or others may be new players still learning but play well with others. I guess my fear is it sounds like mostly it's good end game players that are desired, which may increase scoreboard chasing, opposed to pushing everyone into being team oriented.

If you choose to include Sharknado send me a message in-game email Dr Tyme 219 sp quantum troll/dps Bahfuggin Tyme 213 sp earth tank Shock Tyme 211sp electric heal/dps
  18. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

19. dibrieEUps Well-Known Player

Nooo if he did that i wouldt find out :D

#goaheadgrammarpolice
  20. Dolfo Dedicated Player

Hmm Interesting and I still have Apathy chat. However I'm debating re-subbing. Anyways I would be interested in this idea league or not.