Celestial lacks melee combo Devs?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DarkAya, Nov 14, 2015.

1. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I didn't say a single word about Celestial dmg potential, making it stronger because there's no reason to, it hits hard, not the point of this thread.
    I'm talking about situation when opponent can constantly lunge at you or at least most at the time, breakout trinkets etc? BS, It works for a moment. You're out of power, you can't make more than a few rotations. Sometimes you need melee. Other powers wouldn't have the same issue at such scale of frustration like Celestial.
    I do a lot duos recently, I guess with the monthly system we'll get about 8 duos for Tier 7,8,9... Most enemies there lunges like crazy, especially bosses. Some ppl say Fire AM is fragile, sure but if u hit Burning Det. you got 2-3 secs of immunity plus you're mobile. Maybe melee combo wouldn't be the best and cheapest solution but 1 sec longer time window between combo AM would.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think all it needs is an AM extension. When you run content with no tank it is very frustrating trying to keep up your AM, but at the same time we chose to make it that way by excluding a tank. I think its fine as is for PvE, considering Rage and HL have to actually be physically touching the boss / adds to counter them with their melee combos, it would be cheap for celestial to be able to do that without even touching them.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Duos Are different... You just can not Spam your Rotation there.. On adds? Yes.. You can cc them, bosses Are a bit harder. But we Are not alone. I would consider a Lunge combo as something Bad (for me). You get blocked alot in raids /alerts more than lunged. I just wouldnt use that combo. ;)

And yes... Our Bad to exclude Tanks. ^^
  4. Pults Loyal Player

I would place it top tier, AcB spam was killing it both in healer and damage role. Crits range from 6-15k (with 15k on counters). Combos blockbreak (a lot of players I've been put up against didn't know this and usually blocked) and the counter punishment celestial combos can produce is insane.
    It might not be as clip friendly as rage or as diverse as HL (insane CC, both BB and lunge combos within a single power cast) but it can still be insanely good. Celestial air spam > HL air spam. AM boosted plauge crits in the 20Ks, pulling it off is another story but it does kill fast.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Only problem with lengthening the window of the AM is that would allow for extra attacks, like weapon taps, which would alter the damage potential. That would probably require a nerf to rebalance, and I'm not really in favor of that.
  6. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

In the new duo The Flash interupts Celestial combos constantly. He can also pull, push and teleport so he is definitely very annoying. If your a Celestial user and you get grouped with another Celestial user do yourself a favor and just quit the duo altogether.
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Really?
    you can use a movement breakout to get some power while you get freed up
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Only time I really see an opportunity for extra weapon attacks is after the buffs. You'd lose damage if you tried to add it into your rotation after each combo due to not being able to cut the combo animation short with weapon attacks.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

The key to fighting Flash is having one player lunge him pretty much constantly. It's quite easy. I usually just have the stronger DPS (usually higher CR) focus on damage, while the other lunges. If there's a pet DPS, they can usually lunge easiest.

I actually was paired with a CR 131 Sorcery DPS yesterday. Because I knew he'd be squishy, I went battle healer (CR 143). Despite my best efforts, he went down when Flash was at around 50%. I leaned on McB and weapon combos and managed to solo him the rest of the way with periodic lunges.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Nah, you can actually sustain the AM just with ability casts, no combo. So, you could combo, clip cast, weapon tap, clip combo pretty easily.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

You talked about changing Celestial to give it more tools for PvP, where it is already strong. It is not always damage potential that makes things strong in PvP.

You claimed Celestial wasn't flexible, and I explained how it most definitely is flexible.

It is still more common to get countered by block in PvE than lunged. In Duos it is more about CC than counter vulnerabilities, RcW provides plenty of that, breaking out provides immunities to counters, and you can even breakout and still maintain the AM. There is no reason for a counter vulnerability change for Celestial, especially if it would make it worse for Celestial in alerts and raids.
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Who fights flash on the ground? Just fly up directly above him, call out your sidekick and spam combos. Fight is over in less than a minute. You can also stun him occasionally with your combos.

This entire thread sounds like someone who is mad because they haven't mastered the combos and wants to make celestial a 1-2-3-4 power and it's not and never will be.
    • Like x 3
  13. DarkAya Dedicated Player

PVP - broken, dead, I don't worry much bout it.
    'breaking out provides immunities to counters' - it's important but it also costs extra power and last so long then you can barely do 2 combos
    'you can even breakout and still maintain the AM' - you get stunned, encased, knocked down - interrupted, AM's gone need to start all over again after breakout and loose power, few fails and u're drained

Now look at new changes to gadgets for instance:
    o Pretty much if you use EMP Pulse or Paralyzing Dart within three seconds of your third PI application attempt, using Distract or Stealth you'll trigger AM damage.
    o Increased the window of time you have to apply the next PI to allow a better chance at being able to successfully reposition or recover from a knockdown without breaking your combo and missing the final AM damage burst.
    this ^^ is what I call flexibility;) (what PVPers gonna say about it?) well, I guess that depends on pov
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

Once you get the innates from the movement trees you get more power back after breaking out then you spend on breaking out.

When you breakout you get CC immunity that means immunity to counters and immunity to stuns, encasements, and knockdowns. You can breakout and maintain the AM with fairly little practice.

And again, Gadgets changes are centered around fixing bugs, and besides Celestial already has a wider window for breaking out and maintaining the AM than Gadgets. Gadgets had about 0.6 seconds, and Celestial usually has around a full second.

In PvP Gadgets isn't near as powerful as Celestial and the kind of changes being implemented won't make it stronger. If you try to use Gadgets' AM in PvP you are going to end up on your back when you run into a remotely competent player. You don't seem to get how things work in PvP.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Um, speedster here. :p
    • Like x 1