Celestial lacks melee combo Devs?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DarkAya, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

I can appreciate that. I don't really PvP, mainly due to its current sad state, but that's where you'd need it. In PvE, it's OK without. Would I like to close on a target with a combo? Sure, but I usually lunge in to start a fight anyway. The AM can't be maintained without a target, so you lose it no matter how you get to the target, currently. That said, I'm not sure there's a combo that could easily be adapted to melee lunge, based on the animations. All the animations are designed around the standing combo power up animation. Would make more sense to have one of the might casts become a melee lunge, which would combo into something else. Even that would look weird.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'd imagine giving melee combos lunge capabilities would screw with the tank a lot... every time the boss blocks you would fall down and give them immunity. The way it's set up now actually benefits the tank cause even the melee combos act as a block break and helps to BB the boss when the tank is unable too. Like Remander said if they made it so it works in PvP only I'd be all for it.
  3. Adam Mind New Player

hey folks, im play mental exclusively but id like too say, how bout u throw in a weapon lunge instead of trying too power spam?
    as a mentalist, i power power,weapon lunge, if i want too close the gap..
    problem solved?
    u have weapons for a reason, it just doesnt work like other powers and thats the bottom line?
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

hehe yea.. but the OP wants to lunge with combos during the AM.. and not start the AM again with a combo. ;)
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

And restart your AM all over again. Logical.
    Next time you may want to actually try a power before you comment on it. Just a word of advice.
  6. Adam Mind New Player

mental dont have this issue. u are trying too charge and keep your am? u are not god..mental has no charge so i weapon lunge. and still wrek.
    how about u just try it instead of asking for god mode combos? we just arnt mele powers bro?..

YOU.NOT.MELE.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Celestial isn't like mental at all. Stop comparing them. Mental you can weapon attack and not break the AM. Celestial the minute you do weapon attacks that's it. AM resets. And it takes longer to charge it back up then most other powers due to the length of the combos.
    • Like x 1
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

Honestly Celestial is just shy of the top tier at this moment in PvP. It doesn't need anything more. It can get a combo don't expose you to counters until you activate the AM, and once it is active you can spam the might based casts without exposing yourself to counters.

Giving people a way to practically counter with AMs has proven to only make balance worse. Celestial has been doing well as a Dps power in PvP since before it even got it's power back and damage increase. With the exception of the healing side Celestial hasn't been weak all season.
    • Like x 1
  9. Adam Mind New Player

do you clip?
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm just going to stop responding. Go play celestial then come back.
    • Like x 1
  11. Adam Mind New Player

well if ur not clipping ur stuck w longer animations. since u didnt answer im gonna assume u dont clip. everyone clips BCUZ of the long animations.
    if celest gets a lunge. i want a lunge for mental then too in my powers. or, they could make it so that weapon lunging wont cut your am like mental.
    yes they are different. but they function the same, long winded ranged animations w no lunge. u dnt have too reply. but u dont deserve a power lunge on a ranged power set.
    u do deserve a free pro-am weapon lunge doe. it works just fine.
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You're required to clip. That's Celestial's AM. It's not just combos. Hard Light has chained, continuous combos. Not sure on rage, since I dont play it enough to actually state something on it.
    Holy crap... I swear there's more stupidity here than in the game.

No. Their functions are different. Mental's animation times are quicker than Celestial. doesn't mean their powers hit harder. Might damage in PvP is just fluff.
    Also false. Celestial isn't just a ranged powerset. It has extremely powerful melee capabilities.
    People just complained about melee range abilities and they changed the Area of Effect for melee powers and widened their radius.
    Even those (now midrange) abilities do fine in melee range.

Weapon Lunges, their required at times. No getting around that.
    In PvP, you shouldn't even be spamming combos unless you are adept in clipping and have excellent reaction time. Otherwise, forget about it. CM Security protects your privacy
    If it were to have a weapon lunge not disrupting the AM, it would be considered Overpowered. I gotta say, I dont see how but oh well..
    • Like x 5
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thank you! I couldn't reply any more, it was too much.
    • Like x 2
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

No need to thank me. I just dont like how people are bagging on Celestial because it takes knowledge and skill instead of mindnumbingly easy 1234445555. EASY DAMAGEZZZ ME SO OP.
    Like... da fuq?!
    Ugh I hate it. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  15. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lmao. I just noticed the CM Security protects your privacy. My phone is acting up again
  16. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Giving Celestial lunge ability wouldn't make it overpowered for God sake, just adding a tiny little bit more flexibility that Rage, HL and Atomic have.
    Thats all. Melee combos are vulnerable to block, not overpowered. Imagine Rage without Dreadful blast, the only block breaker you could have is a weapon range attack which means AM scr**ed.
    Look what Tunso is doing right now with Gadgets on PC Test, AM timeframe increased, no need to target to hit 1,2,3 PI powers, that power is going to be more flexible than ever while others like Celestial remains numb.
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't understand why some players rebel against making cele better.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Read my other post. I dont see how it would make it overpowered. Im all for it if it's possible. I've wanted that for a while, along with a few other things but that aint happening any time soon hun. Sit and spin while ya wait.

The devs love Gadgets. I dont expect anything less but Gadgets was having Dud issues.

Celestial remains numb? Explain please.
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If you have ideas that dont include making the AM so simple a fly can do it, please share ideas.
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

There are no melee combos, so there is no reason to make anything vulnerable to block. Right now Celestil is already stronger than it should be, so there is no reason to look for ways to make it stronger.

Rage doesn't function in PvP by using Dreadful Blast as a blockbreaker. It thrives off of the counter punishment Outrage and Eviscerating Chain can dish out. So, even without it Rage has been top tier all season. It was even top tier when none of it's combos countered.

Celestial is already flexible. It has options for more burst, options for DoTs, a simpler spam one combo option, a more complicated way that benefits those who perfect clipping. If you don't think Celestial is flexible, then you don't know Celestial well.

Gadgets changes are for PvE and they aren't changing how loadouts work. You still need powers that apply 3 different PIs, you still need to use a power that applies Electrifies before Fear Gas, and you still have to jump cancel Fear Gas. The changes were to primarily address a bug in the last update which would cause Gadgets AM not to work, not to create flexibility. If anything flexibility was loast since you can't use PI consumables to setup Fear Gas anymore.

Honestly, it wouldn't make it better. In PvE, it is much more common as a Dps to strike a blocking enemy than it is for an enemy to lunge you, so being vulnerable to block would result in much more counters and interruptions. Also, in PvP it would make screen blocking easy, and Celestial is already stronger than it should be so it doesn't need any buffs. People just don't want a waste of time and resources that would make a power worse.
    • Like x 3