Celestial DPS is way OP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Infinity, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It is.... but it's also too heavy in DPS potential... but if you remove that part you're basically throwing the entire powerset under the bus...

It relies so heavily on this move in range dps that any changes would define the entire powerset imo.

^^ exactly, the only issue is that I'll be a hair behind ya using half your power:D

In the end I don't think Celestial is something crazy. The DPS is right in line. The Power costs are arguably too good. In the end it's not game breaking, just imbalanced.

It'd basically be the equivalent of boosting Nature up to compete with controllers by reducing animation time/increase damage but not touching their power intake. It's not so far off that's it's going to make celestial the only option by any means. It is enough though that I think it should be fixed if they can do it without disrupting the powerset too much.
    • Like x 1
  2. Massah Committed Player

I don't think it is overpowered for several reasons -
    The First being that I have yet to see a Celestial Healer doing any decent Damage - (No where near the damage I'm doing as a Controller) ....

As for the Power consumption it is roughly on Par with what I am doing as a Prec-biased Gadgets DPS in Nexus (If a good run where I do not die often I can get 2mill damage from 100k power, so 20:1 Damage to Power Ratio, in otherwise I'm at around 100-130k for 2 mill damage, still above the min 10:1 Damage to Power Ratio a DPS should have in T5 content) and I end up being more power efficient than them in Paradaox where them standing in one place is not always the most prudent approach.

The way most play HL - I would expect them to complain as they use excessively power hungry combos that are not the most efficient......I can be HL spamming solar Flare, clipping with Snaptrap-Fan, rinse and repeat. The precision burst from Solar-Flare hits hard enough and is more power friendly. But - I play HL- wrong. I also play Gadgets wrong but Oh, well. Celestial and Quantum to me are sort-of creative let-downs as you really only need 3- moves on loadout to deal competitive damage which does not allow for much creativity. For celestial -because of Plague/Divine Light cooldown it allows for one or two other attacks to be used before you cast it again, which allows room for two other attacks and the two buffs to occupy loadout tray slots. Leaving 1 slot extra for either a Support Like power, Supercharge, breakout power/immunity, shield, or another attack power. (For Celestial I prefer the breakout power as it is more reliable than tapping block, for me on the US PS3)

The power cost as many have said may be too light, and your counter is the damage is too high for the power cost. I think the damage is on par giving the animation cast times - if they lowered the damage -I don't think Celestial would be competitive as you can only land so many power-combo-casts in a given amount of time. If the power -cost was increased it would look more in-line with other powersets but I have a feeling it would destroy the healing side.....
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

This was in full healer spec, no DPS innates at all used. Expect a higher result with DPS innates when I would use my main respecced for it. There is another one on the next page. Looks like to me you havent run with proper Cel-Healers yet then.
    • Like x 2
  4. PODER INFINITO Well-Known Player

I could not agree with u more, i got 2 carachters, celestial and HL, i usually dps with both and yeah HL can pull out better numbers than Celestail with the right combo.
    NIce VIdeos BTW keep it beast man.
  5. Pew New Player

Celestial does great damage.
    Let's just ignore the fact that to do it you need to be stationary and locked into animation at all times which always spells fun and exciting times in paradox and pvp.
    • Like x 1
  6. Death Throe New Player

7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You can slide a little, but still so true. The idea of "stick and move" is foreign to celestial.
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

So it's the ideal Nexus DPS. Gotcha
    • Like x 1
  9. Pew New Player

wat?
  10. Zpred Dedicated Player

Which seems to be the content that only matters according to some....
  11. WonderValkyrie New Player

you spelled Hard Light wrong, TC
  12. not_again Dedicated Player

In before the NERF. I have been waiting for someone to post this. I guess the DC Universe will be full of Nature powers again soon.
    • Like x 1
  13. Infinity New Player

This is exactly what I mean. You know roughly where you stand against Bedo and other top DPS, switch to Celestial and now your on top. I agree most people replying to this thread seem to have no idea what they are talking about or are just not end-game top-level players.
    • Like x 1
  14. Burnt New Player

HL is OP it always has been but never nerfed. No reason to cry now because you're not the only beast power set in the game anymore.
    • Like x 3
  15. Infinity New Player

I don't care about what power I use, they are all fun. I don't understand why so many people think you should be loyal to a certain power set? If I could I would be melee Gadget 1H, but it's not feasible for the T5 raids. People act like I'm getting massively out DPS'd when it's only 1-200k at the end of these 45-60 min raids. People say the scorecards don't matter, but that's BS. All the top players in the top leagues pay attention. Some players just want to be the most effective they can be at their class. If I was a healer I would be nature, if I was a tank I would be Ice, etc...
    • Like x 1
  16. Burnt New Player

Two thumbs up AND two big toes up as well
  17. Snix Dedicated Player

Why has no one brought up Pvp? Oh yeah, it sucks there...
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Glass cannon-ish.

It's not so much that it doesn't have the defensive capabiltiies but if you want to output some damage with the combos you lock yourself into doing them which is 2s. You either A) start the combo spedning the power and finish it to get your full damage. Or B) start the combo inturruptted and you waste power and still get beat up, or C) you block in the charge or BB or wahtever counter move, giving up the combo to get the counter.

When no one is attacking me... lol they are going down. When someone is on me I don't have much I can really do.

This is just scratching the surface of their capabilities though, really haven't delved deep in to pvp.
  19. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Celestial need a buffs, the shields of him is like a paper, i like shield of hl.
    They want do a "battle cleric" but powerset dont have a good shield, i dont say supercharge
  20. proxyreiv New Player

I dont really think celestial dps is op or anything, sure it does a good amount of damage but you have to do a pretty slow combo to do a high damage, is the typical high risk/high reward.

You can get knocked down/stunn or whatever control effect and get interrupted while doing the combo, maybe im wrong but it isnt a surprise to me reading a lantern/light power complaining becasue celestial is op because they seems like they want to be the more op dps in this game.

Nerfing celestial is a wrong decision and would make another power useless.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.