Catalysts will no longer drop, WTF?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

To the communication issue, it would really cut down the freaking out of players (to which I'm no exception) if Mepps would put out some explanation with these announcements / hotfix notes. The thread that sort of explains the rationale was started by a player, and if you aren't looking at them, then you have no idea why changes are being made.
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

When you say individual marks, do you mean episode-type currency? Like Marks of Krypton, Marks of Fury, etc.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Staff post tracker is your best friend in situations like this
    • Like x 6
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  5. Lady Trident JG New Player

Well after CR170, I tend to have a ton of MoVs, and I have noticed its still difficult to get all of the cats I need, and this is with Cat runs being run in the league. A simple 10 MoV purchase gets me over that hump and helps me get my Arti going.
    Works for me.
    And yes, I have 19 toons, all of which have between 2 and 4 (5 with that new Kandor soder) all hungry for whatever I throw at them.
    I've played for years (since Ep3 Lightning Strikes was new).
    Not all changes have been good, but I have appreciated Spytle's and, indeed her knowledge of the comics, Nerd of Prey's enthusiasm. What I have appreciated most of all is that they haven't given up. They keep trying to improve the game, tweak it for better or worse.
    For all of the trolling that Mepps and Nerd of Prey receive - even the devs in general- get, they still smile and tell us on livestreams what new stuff they created for us.
    Thanks guys for the work so far, looking forward to the trip to the Titans Island. :)

Mains -
    Lady Trident - Justice Girls
    Black Banshee
    Lady Legendary
    Lady Legacy
    Mighty Fubar
    Empress Reignstorm - Justice Girls Dark
    Mistress Mazahs
    The Suprematrix
    GoGo ByeBye
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'm not entirely sure about the individual marks per tier thing with the lower content anymore.
    Have you looked at the cost of all the gear in the lower tiers lately? The costs were drastically lowered and to do that and then go back again and make them have seperate marks would be really wasteful man hour / resources wise. That would be making double work for nothing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I will add that people farming cats are going to need to run more content in order to buy cats. The prices on these items are about to go up. xD & ouch at the same time.
    • Like x 2
  8. Malachyte Devoted Player

Well that still be able to trade them and/or available to sale on the broker after purchasing them for marks ?

Many folks, make some good money doing this and helps the game economy
  9. BumblingB I got better.

@op try checking the staff tracker link above. It helps a lot.
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

12. StealthBlue Loyal Player

13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I believe that was done some time before the revamp (possibly a year or two before). Their plans also say they are going to make the vendor gear for each tier/episode the best for that tier/episode, so they will already be working on that stuff anyway.

In my post above this one, there is a link to their goals past revamp.
    • Like x 1
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I kind of see this as am improvement to be totally honest. Ever since Amazon Fury 3 hit and we starting getting special currency designed for each DLC..(Ancient coins, War Bonds, Marked Bills, Ultra Bucks, Atlantian Crowns and Tributes) the uses anyone has had for MOV has dropped dramatically. Add to that the reduction in the cost of armor at vendors... At this point a player can buy an entire 8 piece set of armor from most vendors that even require MOV for 91 marks (please not that means Chest, legs, shoulders, helm, back, hands, boots and belt.. In other words what is needed to get the style feat. Anything like rings, necklace, mask, utility belts or trinkets will cost more) But at those prices we don't even need nearly as many MOV to get the best available armor at lower tiers... Keep in mind before thew price drop in many cases a chest piece alone could cost as much as 60 marks.. now you can get the chest along with 7 other pieces for 31 more marks.

Now with all that in mind we have still been getting marks along with the other currency and are still able to get a mark a day just by running the vault. This new set up allows us to use those marks to purchase Catalysts we need to improve our Artifacts and do so faster and easier and CHEAPER. Faster and easier? Well heck yeah the old system allowed a player to run whatever mission the catalyst was assigned to one a week. Didn't matter if you were talking about a catalyst attached to a duo or a an alert or a raid. That meant if you needed 4 or 5 of a catalyst you had two choices .. Wait 4 or 5 weeks and run that mission each week until you had enough to improve that ONE artifact or run all those artifact missions with a multitude of ALTS. Cheaper? Hell yeah because the ONLY other option for getting them faster, aside from alts, was to go to the market and BUY them with real money. Lets head back to easier for a second .. I have created an ALT or two since the artifact system arrived and you can start building artifacts and gathering Nth metal as early as level 20.. I have been to a point where I had artifacts to a point where I needed catalysts that I wasn't even able to think about getting normally because the ALT was not high enough to run the raid required to get that catalyst to drop. You either had to have alt to run those missions for you or go to the Market and BUY them.

Mow there will be some down sides to this development of course. All those lower tier missions that were filling up with CR 200+ players looking to grab catalysts will take longer to fill now. At the same time on the plus side.. the players actually quing into those missions will be there to RUN that mission and grab any feats associated with it. WAY less skipping over piles of adds to rush ahead to that final boss battle. I'm sure the Broker crowd will be in tears since anyone with 10 marks can go to a vendor and buy the same thing they have been selling for millions of in game cash.

To be honest this announcement kind of amazes... We all have our opinions on the subject but in recent times I think we can all agree that there have been a LOT of things added to the game designed to get more money out of the player base. THIS actually cuts into any cash they are making by selling BreakThrough Bundles.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm fine with this update on the condition that the devs continue to make most operations, especially 8 man operations, cross faction. This includes:

Family Reunion
    Brothers in Arms
    Artefacts from the Past
    Love and War
    Act of Defiance
    Return to the Nexus
    New Genesis Now
    Fatal Exams
    The Bombshell Paradox
    Unholy Matrimony (+Elite)
    Blackest Day (+Elite)
    Blackest Night
    Prison Break (+Elite)
    Phantom Zone (+Elite)
    Brainiac's Bottleship (+Elite)
    The Will of Darkseid
    A Rip In Time (+Elite) - Can't remember if this was cross faction enabled recently or not.

I've left out any faction specific operations as this complicates things a fair bit.

Trying to get into older 8 man operations on EU server, particularly villain side, is near impossible at the moment due to low population/lack of people running said content.
    • Like x 2
  16. BumblingB I got better.

They are currently working backwards on cross faction operations, but they did mention some may never be able to be. Because they were made differently than newer ones.

I'm more interested in them making the classic game cross faction. Seriously hate how they pulled that right before launch and made it DLC only. As if paying customers wouldn't want to run classic game content.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yeah.

I'd say the Hand of Fate operations, the WOTL1 operations and Avarice/Rage Impurity are a safe no on becoming cross-faction. Hence why I left those out.

For base item-related reasons I personally really want BSP and UM cross-faction, especially as EU villains almost never run these anymore. I figure A Rip in Time is next on the to-do list though in regards to this.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I actually think it would be any of the original ones. So HoF and OC. I think WotL1 would be fine. HoF would be off the table anyways as they are unique instances. Like Watchtower and Hall of Doom is.
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Come to think of it Artefacts from the Past might be tricky too. I forgot heroes and villains go to different Necropolis'. It's only a slight change in colour but still.

I think this update will be better for end-game alts/toons levelling up artefacts, but perhaps worse for newer alts/toons or gearing alts/toons who are lower than CR166.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Incorrect cause 'relevancy window' ;)
    • Like x 4