Spindrift Station Catalyst not dropping

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Geri_mester, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Without relevancy, progression prior to episode 27 would be insanely fast and easy. You could advance to ~CR170 playing a tier 1 raid.
    • Like x 6
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I see, that's survivable for me :)
    • Like x 1
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

Big thumbs up from me. No more Area 51.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Couldn't same be said with running The Threat Below (or any other event raid at the time)? You can get gear from the vault that can go to 190 item level, the same with event gear.

I guess I'm just confused by this. If it's money related, they still have to run the content on replay. $45 worth of replays later, they would have been better off buying the advance token.

This system just doesn't click with current game. It became out dated when AF3 came out and even more so now with a lot of the other changes. It made (some) sense with monthly, but not really anymore.
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

Bruh that just made my post super silly. 10 is a sexy number
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

This is fantastic news.
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

Will the Catalyst still be tradable/account bound? with the new system. thank you
    • Like x 1
  8. BackintheSaddle Active Player

Maybe make marks account bound so it would be easier to level alts? Or perhaps a buy all function for feats (like with styles)
    • Like x 1
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Well I guess once in a while you can get good news on a Monday.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I hope this means the nth metal on the vendor will get a cost reduction as well
    • Like x 6
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

This ^
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Thank you!

Also, will the catas still be tradeable?
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They will still be tradeable as they are now.
    • Like x 3
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Is it still in the plans to go back to a different Mark per tier, with MoV being a separate currency? If it is, would you consider removing relevancy for MoV at that time? It sounds like we won't need as much going forward, but it would still be nice to have an option of where to get it.
    • Like x 2
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Wow, that's quite the revelation. Thanks for revealing this ahead of time. It's almost like it's some sort of Player Appreciation Week or something. :D

I must admit just a smidge of disappointment with this change of course. I really enjoyed getting back into old-school content a couple of times a week, sometimes with Leaguemates, sometimes pugging. I guess the catalyst system didn't have the intended effect for which we had hoped when it came to lowered queue times on older content. C'est la vie.

Now I suppose I could do the same under the new system - farm old raids for the guaranteed 1 MoV boss drops - but that would leave out the old Duos and Alerts. On the other hand, it would present a wider range of raid possibilities.

So it's a double-edged sword for me - but I think it'll be better for the community in the end, especially for those with alts. Thanks again!
    • Like x 3
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This. I had thought the purpose of placing the catalysts was to give us reason to run more than two or three instances at any given time.

Now you're taking that away. I have to say that, bluntly, I think this sucks. What's the damn point if we're not given reasons to run old content? I think this is a terrible, terrible, destruction of one of the best ideas in the game in recent years. :-(
    • Like x 5
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I enjoyed running all of the older content each week for catalysts. Frankly, it was something to do.
    • Like x 3
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No you guys aren't alone. It was refreshing to have queues pop in a timely manner, even if it was for certain content. I also liked the concept of having to travel places to get catalysts. It made it make sense from a creative perspective, rather than Constantine hoarding thousands upon thousands of catalysts he sells to people.

Oh well, guess this is good too though
    • Like x 4
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I personally like this upcoming change. That way you aren't limited by the weekly lockout. These recent catalysts have been refreshing being daily lockout. We needed that before. It would have at least been more bearable to run them when you wanted, not having to make sure you catch the weekend after reset to get into it so you don't miss it for the week.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is, and yes, though like I said earlier, this is not currently priority.
    • Like x 1