Can we get mounts?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrGankU, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Wonder Woman flies, but still has her invisible jet. It's not redunant just because you don't want them.
    • Like x 2
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

I have made the mistake of posting in a thread almost a year old myself, in the future I will endeavor to check the dates of the posts I feel the urge to reply to so I do not awaken a dead thread.

Forget anything another game has, this is DCUO, nothing "fast" happens around here.
    • Like x 2
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

it's a video game, when we get hit in the game we move slow like slugs but we can't have mounts?
  4. Chrisb0842 New Player

TC you're right. The only thing you're guilty of is inappropriate wording. Replace "MOUNTS" with "MOVEMENT VARIATIONS" and you're good to go. In fact, we already have a mount, and it's called "skimming". Offering variety beyond just that 1 seems fairly appropriate.

The forums can be a cess pit where 50% enjoy spreading negativity and will shoot down completely normal, positive ideas on little to no factual basis, and fervently claim your idea is the most absurd thing ever, simply to shut you down.

It doesn't mean 50% of the player base disagrees with you; Since overall forum opinion (to the degree that can be satisfactorily ascertained) does not equal overall playerbase opinion in every case. Hopefully the devs realize that as well.
  5. Chicken Well-Known Player

Yay superheroes on horses...puke
    • Like x 1
  6. Chrisb0842 New Player

7. Chicken Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Chrisb0842 New Player

Ok that was pretty funny, I have to admit. I wouldn't be a fan of unicorn Batman either; Plus we already had a unicorn trinket lol.
  9. brokejaw1 Active Player

The original origin of Wonder Woman she could not fly, so i guess that was the reason for the jet, but now the invisible jet serves no purpose, because she can fly ,..now, ( unless she wants to take she human friends on a trip, or something..lol) but I just like the pet/trinkets, then an actual mount
  10. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Sound like next 12 years old need a pony :)
    [IMG]
    Dont like the idea sorry .
  11. bmce84 Loyal Player

why is still around, I'm sure the OP left the game a long time ago when he realized this was never going to be like WoW.
  12. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

How about vehicle trinkets? Like a batmobile or an invisible jet (Wonder Womans)
  13. Cursed Wrath Level 30

I have superspeed but I've always wanted to drive a delorean in dc.....
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

If you want that go play WoW, trying to do the same thing that game does would kill any notion of DC this game has.
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Darkseid has a mount, it's called boom tube.
  16. DulcesS Well-Known Player

No please.
  17. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I love the idea. Filled with possibilities. Doesn't seem like it'll ever happen tho.
  18. Bose Well-Known Player

Whats the purpose of a mount other than to satisfy the cosplayers....
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i see alot of people complaining that mounts are entirely unnecessary or a bad idea, but consider these points: 1. it doesn't clash with the lore (several heroes are either knights or some kind of horse riding warrior or a modern vigilante like batman/wonder woman who use a vehicle for long distance travel/efficiency and of course let's not forget lobo or roxy rocket), 2. even at our highest speed (with the super <insert movement mode here> ability unlocked) for your movement mode we're still slow, flying or even just running across a map takes several minutes even with flash's "speed force". i can see that working with hovering like static shock's but how do you explain super speed being that slow? 3 . it would maybe somewhat make the open worlds feel a little less empty and as long as it's not in duos and other multiplayer content it wouldn't interfere with the flow. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Vehicles. basically there's no problem with and even a small open world benefit from, vehicles, even if it's just in trinket form.
  20. Trish Gardner New Player

They should add motorcycles, the batmobile, the WW jet, and they should add more emotes like a sitting down emote based on the gender of your character, and more longer female hairstyles or make the long wavy hair longer