Can we get mounts?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrGankU, Jan 26, 2014.

1. MrGankU New Player

I know we have movement modes already but we should be able to get mounts just to have fun with. It wouldn't have to be a skill tree or anything like that, it could be like a transformation trinket, you activate it and your toon appears on the mount you have activated. You either get a flying, super speed or acrobatic based mount trinket, simple as that! There could also be rare trinkets like tunneling ones or teleportation armour

No specific functions i guess it could give stats better mounts = better stats, but its simple and fun please consider this im pretty sure A LOT of people would love this!

Feel free to post mount ideas!
    • Like x 9
  2. MrGankU New Player

Btw, these "Mount Trinkets" are just a cool way to implant "vehicles" without getting ridiculous. Players can ride around on a mini scooter without actually causing a huge "Movement Mode Crisis"
    [IMG]
  3. Captainn Chaos Well-Known Player

I feel like this would be really annoiying seeing all the mount animations moving around.
  4. thelostczarnian New Player

super heroes and super villains dont need mounts....we have superpowers to get us around making mounts redundant
    • Like x 6
  5. MrGankU New Player

thats why i said just for fun, put em in the market place or something
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

i dont want to play wow or play a game looking like wow. that is what would happen. there are tons of cookie cutter mmos with mounts. play on of those but this game doesnt need them at all in any way shape or form(unless i get a space bike)
    [IMG]
  7. MrGankU New Player

your entitled to your opinion im entitled to mine, i just think it could ad something just to make the game a little more fun. DC gets boring if you've done everything you need to do without replays
  8. Ollivander New Player

I would love to have a bike and new raceses could be added too! That would be great, it would be something like DCUOGTA xD
  9. RageQQ New Player

I hope not.

Id go play a wow or a clone of it if I wanted mounts...The game world isnt big enough.
  10. Zhire'El New Player

[IMG]

When this happens, then we can get mounts.
    • Like x 1
  11. IrishTim New Player

Actually, from my knowledge, tech/gadget users have always used some form of "mount", wither it was rocket boosters or a vehicle of some sort! For example; Batman always uses either the Batmobile, Batcycle, or Batwing whenever he went out! Afterall, tech users don't possess magic or are even capable of flying or getting around without some form of assistance!
    • Like x 1
  12. Pults Loyal Player

One thing DCUO does different is no goblins. No goblins means no mounts. Let's keep it that way.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

Talk about making it even longer to do a mission,

have to wait for the player to "mount/get into/on their vehicle/mount/bike/" while the rest are over halfway there before they even get mounted, the group then has to wait for that player to dis-mount/exit and join the group who has been waiting for them to get to the battle. Batman used his grapple and the abilities he created his cape for to get around Gotham in the comic books more than his batmobile or any other vehicle. You want to see the stuff from the movies...go see the movies.

Yeah I see mounts being a great addition to the game.(SARCASM)
  14. Anothername Well-Known Player

That is an universally awesome suggestion: "Saw something somewhere related you like to see here? [originally censored four letters meaning as much as "I strongly suggest with colorful language you leave that game and do that other activity] !" In the history of MMOs this has been the most community driven and most healthy suggestion to a games evolution.

Have you played games like GTA or Saints Row? If yes skip to the next part; if no: These are open world games with big citys and a big choice of vehicles to use and fake radio stations (with a big array of hand picked music of different styles (at least in Saints Row)) to listen to.

Even if all mission or side missions are done there its just fun every now and then (especially after a long day at work) to just fire up SR3, pick one car and just mindlessly speed through the city for no other reasons to unwind a bit.

I really could imagine doing that with a batmobile-like car for my bats mentored character. Besides the "get ppl to log in to DCU to chill effect" it could open up some racing mini-games.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

You are right of course...not that you can stop the idiots from idioting...but you are right...
  16. Anothername Well-Known Player

WWs Jet is easy. Its regular flying while locked in sitting emote :D
    • Like x 3
  17. Gimpy Loyal Player

I'll agree with you that to the open world fun it would be a nice addition. I can see the races for fun like Grodd's races or for the solo/leveling content in the journal where groups are possible. Even have to chuckle at the thought of the wrecks it would cause when players are slamming on the brakes trying to beat the other guy to an exobit. Wouldn't want to be the pedestrian involved since open world vehicles can hit you already.

Who wants to wait for all the power balancing and bug fixes that are being waited for while they create a whole new open world DLC that would make that possible?
  18. Anothername Well-Known Player

*carefully raises hand* ... me?

Yeah. I know; to do anything remotely meaningful DCUO needs more than the two and a half devs on it that it has right now. Especially if its about the open world.

But we are tossing ideas here, not the devs work schedule. That is something they have to worry about, not we ;)
  19. IrishTim New Player

The wait doesn't have to be long at all. Have you ever played SWTOR? They use mounts and the ability to mount and dismount is quite fast!
  20. krytine Loyal Player

I get that you want something new and different but how could this benefit the game movement or anything? The only movement mode that might need this is acrobats. But it has plenty of perks to give it a few advantages. So again i dont see what good would come from mounts. Your trinket idea would have to be limited or are you talking just cosmetic only. But again i dont see the point
    • Like x 1