Can we get mounts?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrGankU, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Nah, take that to WoW please. It does not belong in a game like this where you could travel anywhere you needed by yourself.
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

“We do not need mounts”
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You all are trying to turn this into a circus or a zoo for sure. This is why things don’t get fixed in this game (PvP)

You all keep asking for unnecessary things but won’t address the real issues with this game. You’re like the midea who try to throw things out there to distract people from the real problems at hand. Fix the game first “then” we can talk about stuff like this down the road.
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

in like 5-10 minutes, 2 seconds if you have lairs set to have teleporters in key locations. trying to get to stryker's prison or arkham for example is a real pain unless you've got a base there.
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

pvp can't really be fixed without balancing the powers, it's just super obvious how imbalanced and differently functioning each one is when say a sorcery player is hitting a fire or ice pvper. at most outside of fixing a few glitches here and there and expanding it a bit nothing can really be done for pvp without upsetting a lot of players because their "fotm" power is no longer top in damage.
  6. jamestonka New Player

i feel like different stories should get different mounts (magic = horses and dragons. tech = cars and planes. meta = idk
    • Like x 1
  7. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

how would these mounts look indoors though? o_O
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

10. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'm against mounts in DCUO.
    If for some Bizarro reason mounts are added to the game, I certainly hope that powers and weapons CAN NOT be used when in "mount" mode.
  11. Brit Loyal Player

With the large number of times I've found people trying to intentionally block portals or quest terminals or whatever, and the way that hit box and character collision works, I would hope if we ever do get "Vehicles", we never get anything larger than a motorcycle.

Otherwise, day one I guarantee griefers have their Batmobiles parked on top of every portal to block everyone else from being able to use them.
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

does the snowman form trinket take away movement modes? i'm not suggesting a movement mode, i'm suggesting a cosmetic transformation, one which can be removed upon zoning. to clarify, much like the manbat/other trinkets like the snowman one, this is ONLY for open world and will be removed upon entering certain zones (as many trinkets do now) and instances.
    • Like x 1
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I want a HOG!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. bit.do/john832 New Player

I don't understand much but it won't work with the game engine. It's just built in a different way and the numlock skill that you get at level 9 is for that.
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

But then you meet the REAL Fing Batman!!!....and the first thing he babbles at you is how cool his car is !?!?!?!?...
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

cough...cough...WHIRLYBAT...COUGH COUGH...
    [IMG]
  17. Xorian Justice Well-Known Player

City of heroes and champions online have mounts, it makes sense for tech based characters.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't make sense in a game where we are constantly warping to different maps.
  19. Xorian Justice Well-Known Player

Yea it does with this logic you might as well take out travel powers all together, it adds to the theme for your characters how can people not see something so simple? Also those games have forms of warping to.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When you're in combat the game does take away your movement. Some transformations take away your movement and movement abilities.