Can Lex be demoted as a mentor? He's gone too soft (and Earth-3 story fail)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WildPegasusrs, Nov 16, 2017.

1. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

You must not have read my message correctly or maybe I didn't word it in an efficient way. The first point was not about why villains are helping Trigon but why they are not trying to stop him and Circe's plan since that should have been the case according to the "villains must save the world because they wouldn't have a world to live in" excuse of AnonymousEUPS. That is obviously not the case, in that episode the whole villain population, not just a few Trigon cultist players, are helping Circe to potentially turn the world into Hell if she couldn't contain Trigon (an information no villain has until they are witnessing it with their own eyes).

How could The Crime Syndicate be considered a much bigger threat than Trigon unleashing Hell on Earth when, as far as we can see on Earth-3, evil corrupt cops are around and have not been killed by The Syndicate so there's little to fear from them as villains. Actually, if they'd try to kill us, that would be a boss battle but it would be their doings and thus would force villains to defend themselves which is an acceptable narrative. The unacceptable one of this DLC however, is the villain players bringing the fight to the villains of Earth-3 which makes 0 sense.
    It would be like having the Hero players going to another Earth and kicking the ***** of the heroes there just to prove they're the better heroes and are the ones the most fit to save people on that planet too... See how that would make little sense?

Point 2: Gotham Under Siege falls under Circe content.
    For Riddled with Crimes the whole point is to get info on the whereabouts of Batman (who cares?) and Riddler and Joker (who cares number 2). Riddler and Joker might be villains but why should we care, if any villain player would get captured is there any villain iconic who would remotely care and bother saving him/her? I think not. Actually even Riddler and Joker wouldn't help us if the situation was the other way around. There should be a better incentive in the narration to go bother help Riddler other than "it's the right thing to do".

Riddled with Crimes is more or less ok, it's still eye rolling since we are beating up bad guys under the pretense that it is gangwar when in reality it is just the laziness of creating two story paths anymore. I still wouldn't really label it as villain content on the same level as Circe's content where you can actually mess up with "poor" Diana's Olympus Gods. Riddled with Crime is just an everyday in Gotham in which everything attacks you as you walk down the street as a villain.

Age of Justice hardly made any sense either. Time is being torn because a villain is altering it so villains must stop him BUT Time sure is ok when the heroes are altering it to stop his plan causing even more changes in the process. Yeah, right... Villains should have been helping Per Degaton even if the final raid meant they would lose to heroes. That's ok, villains don't mind jobbing for heroes, that's part of the job's description as long as they can have fun and cause a lot of mayhem along the way.

I forgot but there was the Harley content with the Gotham Sirens which was cool but I'm not sure if it was before or after Circe's Olympus.

And yes, this is a SUPERHERO game but with no villains, what do heroes do? Rescue cats in trees?

In the end, the devs should seriously consider hiring someone to come up with narrative that would make sense from the point of view of villains. Leave hero side to NerdOfPrey and find someone for villain side.
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Demote Lex Luthor? Are you crazy:)?

I won't be able to hear him saying "He's getting the GENIUS sucked out of his brain!" LOL

I'd love to PROMOTE him.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so let's take another look at your message...

You asked WHY any villain that didn't have Circe as a mentor was not fighting to keep Trigon captured in that zone? I could have sworn because maybe, while they are not being influenced by Circe, they are devil worshipers and basically Trigon is Satan.

Next paragraph you go on to say that the ONLY content in the game is stuff involving Circe.... While true of both the wasteland and Gotham under Siege .. What goes on at Amusement mile has absolutely nothing to do with her. Now as for that using an excuse of who cares? why both the Joker and the Riddler are mission seems just a little dismissive. Its a gang war and if you are a Villain you are either on the Joker's side or the Riddler's side.... so you are saying you don't give a dang as to why your boss is missing? Isn't he the guy you work for? The one that probably knows where the majority of all the loot is stored? And the one you supposedly swore to stand beside during the gang war? Seems a bit more like finding any excuse not to accept the fact that it IS Villain content.

Now as for the "And yes, this is a SUPERHERO game but with no villains, what do heroes do? Rescue cats in trees?" question Gee aside for those that enjoy PvP .. We go play the game and beat the living crap out of all the NPC villains the Devs give us.

Last part.. Again money is tight. These days next to nothing appears in game that they can not find a way to try to get us to spend more cash on. They can't even afford to hire more devs what makes you think they can run out and hire a 2nd BOSS just to deal with the Villain side? For all we know NerdofPrey doesn't even make as much a year as Spytle did back when the game was more profitable. Heck even back in THOSE days Spytle was doing voice acting for cut scenes (did a good job) but I bet he got paid less than Mark Hamill did for doing the Joker.