Can Lex be demoted as a mentor? He's gone too soft (and Earth-3 story fail)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WildPegasusrs, Nov 16, 2017.

1. majosea Dedicated Player

ok new mentor request
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Isn't that kinda the point though?

Batman: Batman to Justice League, I've spotted the Joker.
    Cyborg: Do you need back-up?
    Batman: No. He's helping a little boy get his cat out of a tree. And Clayface is delivering meals to the homeless.

Would you really regard that as reasonable?
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Depends on why they were doing it.
  4. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I don’t think you do understand... It’s not how you want it because that would be ridiculous. How it is not only the whole premise of the game, fight together for the greater good but it is also DC LORE! These are actual storylines in DC comics we are playing out.

Ultraman is not your friend, Darkseid, Brainiac etc etc are not your friends, they are Omega level villains and only want destruction. How you going to be a villain with no planet to be a villain on? Or after Ultraman has ripped your head off your shoulders?

You think Joker would want to live in a world where he couldn’t mess with Batman? Or even worse, that world to not even exist? No. Would Lex want the destruction of the world he wants to rule? Clearly not.

What doesn’t make sense is you wanting to help pure evil threaten your own existence.

Help Ultraman, Brainiac etc etc destroy Earth = no game world to play in = servers close. Sound good?

Like I said before, if you don’t like the premise of the game or DC lore in general, then you’re playing the wrong game.
    • Like x 2
  5. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Giggity
    • Like x 1
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

always been my issue with villain side. They basically treat us like heroes. Sure villains will do nice thing s every once in a while only if it benefits themselves. Something DCUO left out and made everything a copy of the hero side why Villain side has a lower population. No real reason to play villain. I tried it out hoping to get different stories and see a different side of DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, i guess after facing brainiac, the league and the society made some sort of truth...
    it makes sense if looking at the fact that they dont attack each others headquarters,
    at least after the final mentor mission and except of the same instance as a duo later.
    it could be that they made a contract that states: "if earth is in perrish, we work together till it is over"
    or something... could be also that waller is involved somehow: you will help, or your friends loose theyr heads...
    of course: the whole suicide squatt theme is making villains basicly slaves without own volition, wich sucks...

aside of this: everything since the beginning seems to be a job, heroes get commanded by the league,
    while villains are bossed from the society... a mission never feels like it is something the character wants to,
    it allways is an order from someone else: you do stuff for marks and money... maybe some feats are an exception...

therefore: villains and antiheroes may just don't care. as long as they get marks, they are doing everything.
    they want the newest gear, wich make them stronger, more powerfull. more might and power, hwo cares?
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

on the contrairy: yes, it would be cool to have total different objectives on both sides.
    as stated: you are all horsing for marks and it doesnt matter wich side you are on...
    your characters may have been assigned by heroes or villains by need or coincidence:
    both the league and the society could have tossed a coin at brainiacs ship to decide...
  10. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Actually in Forever Evil there's just like 7 villains or so that joined Lex Luthor (granted, that might be the total amount of villains playing on all servers combined) while ALL THE OTHERS sided with the Crime Syndicate so it actually goes against the lore. As I said, if it followed it heroes would have sided with Lex and villains with the Crime Syndicate. There's not the slightest effort in making different content nor slight variations between factions or maybe it's somewhere inside some loot crate.
    As a result, dialogue in this game no longer makes any sense just like when Eclipso disguised as Fate and then you have Fate coming to you telling you you should have known it wasn't him. Well, if it wasn't you I wouldn't have attacked you in the first place, duh.

This content is insulting on so many levels for villains, already in the previous ones in which you were forced by the game to help civilians you were basically thanked with "F-U for saving me villain" from them... What the hell, this made even less sense to bother helping. Not only am I doing something I don't want to do but I get insulted in the process?

The worst part is that villains are not even getting the Reknown heroes feat, seriously by now we'd be Trusted with Star Labs, Wayne Tech and The Sentinel of Magic but we're not getting those reknown and those feats? How come? We should even receive the feat from joining the Justice League heroes get at 30 as an extra bonus with all the times we are forced to save their butts.

That's what heroes are there for. This reasoning only goes so far. If we were to follow it strictly then the Superman and the likes would have 0 work to do because villains would stop each other's plans non stop: What? Lex wants to rule the world, no way that's my plan! No wait, that's my plan! And so on, basically, following that reasoning any plot that would require a hero to intervene would already be taken care of by a villain whose other's villain plan would somewhat step over his toes buuuuuut that hardly happens in comics lore. Villains hardly intervene in each others' schemes and let the heroes do their job. "Oh, he wants to take over the world this Monday, ok, I'll schedule my take-over for Wednesday then", I guess like a bro code it's a villain code.
    • Like x 1
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

i am still wondering how comes the Joker of earth 3 is a villain since in earth 3 everything is in reverse like colombus was an american who discovered europe etc... the story has its fails not only with luthor.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

From what I can ascertain he was originally a hero, as his makeup kit is among the Justice Underground’s personal effects in the The Last Will and Testament collection. I guess he was driven to madness by the various horrible things that have occurred on Earth 3.
  13. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Lex Luthor teams up with Brainiac as often as Batman teams up with Robin.

I can certainly understand villains defending Earth from an invasion by the Injustice Society. But, that's not the situation. We are the ones doing the invasion. At least at first. LL shows up looking for heroes to go to Earth 3 to help him. And a bunch of villains say, 'gee, why not. let's go help good guy LL put some criminals in prison'. Yeah, that makes NO SENSE AT ALL. Those villains are going to say, "umm no. while the heroes are away, we'll take over Earth."

By your logic, the Injustice Society shouldn't even exist. When Ultraman tried to conquer Earth 3, the other villains should have stood against him to save the Earth from his pure evil. They didn't. They joined him. And that's exactly what most villains should be thinking when they make their way to Earth 3.
    • Like x 1
  14. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Alternate reality is alternate.

The premise of DCUO is ‘for the greater good’, deal with it.
  15. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Yet if you've followed the story, you would know that the real intent behind Lex going back in time to warn the heroes was actually not for the greater good, but for his.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Villains often pretend to be doing good to (at least try to) fool the police and heroes for a time. Luther generally poses to the public as a benevolent humanitarian.
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Joker was helping the kid get the cat out of the tree so he could use both to test out a new Joker Toxin. Clayface delivered the meals laced with a sedative and then kidnapped the homeless to deliver to T.O. Morrow to use in running experiments.

[IMG]
    "Nothing to see here. Everything is fine . Just move along and have a nice day. Muwahahaha!"

Now back to the discussion... Villains battle villains all the time.. Or do some of you REALLY think the only gang war that ever took place, including REAL LIFE, is the one between Riddler and the Joker in DLC 29?

Let's apply some very simple Villainous logic shall we. Ultraman and his buddies could decide to come to OUR Earth and instead of just cutting us in on the new deal.. maybe they'd rather just kill all of us off and take over what WE worked to obtain! Let's go kill all of them!

OR

Hmmmm a brand new planet earth and one that has gotten used to being rules but a bunch of bad guys! let's go help those clueless heroes defeat Ultraman and his gang and then after the Justice League goes home.. We will take control and have the WHOLE PLANET to ourselves!

OR

So if that Ultraman clown and his buddies come to our Earth they may just decide to kill off anyone with any kind of super powers to make sure nobody can out muscle them! We better go help those goofy heroes and make sure they win so we don't have to fight that nut job Owlman here on our planet!.. Along the same lines as part 1 but more involved with I DON'T WANT TO DIE than I am not letting them come here and take my stuff!

OR the old standard

Luthor is the BOSS. Luthor say go help the heroes defeat Ultraman. Let's go help those lame heroes so the boss doesn't have us killed.

Just because a bad guy is helping the hero defeat that 90 Foot high robot with laser beam eyes that can shoot nuclear warheads out of its ears so it does not destroy the neighborhood doesn't mean he's become a hero.. he may just not want to have to look for a new apartment.. besides he JUST git the one he has two blocks away set up the way he likes it. No way that damn robot gets to blow it to bits! Oh yeah and his girl friend live in that apartment across the street.

"Oh wait.... the robot turned and is headed into the Penguin's territory. All my stuff and my girl friend re safe. HEY Super BOZO! have a nice day BYE!"

/runs off to see if he can toss a brick through the window of that appliance store and steal that really cool looking flat screen TV they have on display. Since everyone else will still be watching the 90 Foot robot.
    • Like x 1
  18. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Same difference but for him personally. The premise for the players remains the same. I don’t get how this is difficult to grasp.
  19. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Please remind me again why all the villains who don't have Circe as a mentor didn't side with Wonder Woman to stop her from rising Trigon and prevent her from acquiring the Victory Stone? I guess Trigon and Hell on Earth is no biggie but the Crime Syndicate is.

Basically Circe content is the only villain content we have to play, too bad there's not more of them with the awesome Michelle Forbes.
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so first and in my mind foremost I totally agree with the awesomeness of Michelle Forbes... Been a huge fan of her's since the Star Trek Next Gen days.

Now let us chat about the wastelands.. as I recall Trigon and his sons are locked in that pocket dimension by the Lords of Order and while they are trying to break daddy free .. there is little chance of escape... NOW why are the villains helping him? Gee I don't know ever heard of Satanic cults? In Real Life there are people that actually worship the devil (basically what Trigon is) and will do anything to please him. So not too far fetched that bad guys might not worship him and/or Circe and be willing to help him break free.

Now let's discuss the "Its the only villain content in game part.... Have you PLAYED Riddled with Crime at all? Because the entire thing revolves around a gang war between the Joker and the Riddler and even the GOOD GUYS go under cover and get missions from the Penguin or Two Face. Funny even the Transporter/Bagman missions that both factions can do have different outcomes (The Hero click on a defeated one and hand cuffs him while the Villain clicks on one and steals the cash the guy was carrying) and both a hero and a villain can actually click on the same defeated Bagman for credit.

Now let's talk about Gotham Under Siege.... two completely different sets of daily missions hand ed out but different contacts sitting atop different roof top HQs and seems to me the villains in THAT are helping Circe and the Amazones fight for Hippolyta who is under the influence of Ares and Hades.

Now i am not blind .. Yes there is a lot of content where basically villains are really just doing the exact same missions as the heroes. But there are a few reasons behind that:

1. Anything BRAINIAC related is a direct result of the fact that Luthor seeded the planet with Exobits to grant more heroes and villains super powers so we COULD defeat Brainiac before he eventually destroys us all in the future. It was the original premise behind the entire game being born.

2. Especially these days.. the size of the Dev team has been seriously slashed so unless you prefer getting 1-2DLCs a year there are going to be a lot of time where everyone plays the same content.. OR we play nothing new at all.

3. Face the fact that you are playing a SUPER HERO game. How long ago did we get the ability to do cross faction grouping? And the reason was? .... The Villain side had so few players it could take forever to build a team. There are a LOT more customers out there that are in the game to be like their favorite Super Hero so thanks to #2 (limited staff) they are going to hand out a lot more content that let's players feel heroic than villainous. If you really want to be THE BAD GUY maybe you should look for a different MMO.. Here.. I googled BAD GUY MMO and found this for you Bad Guy MMOs

It's too bad we can not play City of X these days... At one point that was two totally separate games City of Heroes allowed you to create a hero and battle evil while City of Villains let you create you own Super Villain and do everything from rob banks to wage war on good guys (and win). Oh yeah and battle against OTHER villains for control of cities, towns, and so on (Gee that sounds just like a GANG WAR doesn't it?) Eventually they combines that into one much larger game and a player could create either a hero or a villain .. and yes they still had totally different missions. Actually they had totally different maps and the ONLY place you could even interact was in the designated PvP zones. However that game died more than 6 years ago now and this is not the same game. Oh yeah just so you originally I bought and played City of Villains and never has a single hero until the two games were merged.

I have tried a few time creating villains on DCUO but got so frustrated waiting for ever to get on a team so I could advance my ALT I gave up and they are all deleted now.