Buy Feats with Old Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 18, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

a feat hunting league can easily take you from 170sp to 300+ in matter of months depending on how much you play together ect
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

You will never hear me disagree with the league concept, or how they can enhance the game experience.

With that being said, I don't believe my T8 league has a lot of interest in doing battle for earth duos another 125 times, or doing CC bounties... I know I don't have interest in doing those things.

For a new player, I imagine blasting through content, reaching T8 in a matter of less than a month, something that has taken most of us 6 years or so to get to... looking at that feat list and saying theres no way I am doing that, that, that, that, that, or that 500 more times.

The game has passed up some of these feats. Making them either far too time consuming for where the game is today, or downright almost impossible to do.

Heck you cant even get a dps player to run with support roles in 12 minute alert... Can you imagine asking one to come help you kill 8 CC bounties every day for the next month so you can get a feat?!?!?
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

hell I dont even do CC bounties and Im at like 243 / 250 or something lol
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

See? I believe it goes to 500 BTW, so you're still not done.

Its just silly, not to be able to unlock some things that will never be completed.

Not all, just some. The extreme time sink ones for sure. No one wants to devote hours and hours and hours to stale T2 content.
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

oh I know lol

thats why Im not even continuing lol

Im at 306sp so tbh I dont need it or care enough to get it at this point :p
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Getting feats isn't suppose to be easy and a cake walk. You want things you have to work for them and earn them. No it doesn't take years to get a decent amount of SP. It just takes a little dedication and effort. If someone isn't willing to put forth the effort then they don't deserve to reap the rewards. Simple as that.
  7. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I have 272 last time I checked. I think total, this whole idea I presented would add 1 maybe 2 SP for me... its not really intended to help me, its intended to help players who weren't around for the past 6 years, so they can partially catch up...
    • Like x 1
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Not all feats are difficult.

Some are luck based.

Some are purchasable.

In essence, some really are a cake walk.

No one is asking for a free handout. Content would have to be played to earn the marks.

Why would anyone want to run 500 CC bounty missions who just started playing?

Insisting they do, is just silly.
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

If they want those feats and SP attached to them then that's what they need to do. Do you have those grindy feats done like 500 player bounties, 500 cc bounties, lpve feats, etc.? Do you know how much those feats mean to some people because of the effort put forth into getting them? Do you see how degrading that would be to make them purchasable? When I say it shouldn't be a cake walk I mean grindy feats and feats that require skill shouldn't be "for sale". It defeats the purpose of the feats in general. I really cba to sit and argue with you all day simply because you won't change my mind, and I can see I won't change yours.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh I wish we could buy TC styles on MP, I added it up yesterday.

Im missing 10.8sp in styles tab lol

thats 3 PvP sets, 2 styles from major events, and the rest is TC stuff.

1.5sp - PvP
    1sp - events
    8.3sp - TC
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

500 player bouties - yep

CC bounty, I have the 250 feat, not 500. I wish I would have knocked this out in the DPSUO era when I could one shot them all...

LPVE - lets not talk about it, ugh I hate it.

Honestly, I actually don't mind players getting these feats in a reduced time than it took me. And you shouldn't either, because the less time they spend doing these ridiculous tasks, allowing them to focus on current feats, in current content. That's win win as far as I can see...

What good will it do me for a new player to spend all of their play time over the next month killing Weather Wizard?
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Thank God I got all that PVP style crap behind me.

UGH... although I did hear its better after the revamp.
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I don't like the idea of something I've earned being given away basically. I know you suggested buying it with currency, but its the same principle to me. I don't have the lpve feats because well I hate lpve lol. Do I want them for sale? Nope. If I decide I want those feats/SP I will go farm lpve (will never happen :p ). The new player doesn't have to spend every waking minute farming old feats. It's as simple as making a routine whether it's a daily or weekly one. They can still chase current feats while working on old ones in their spare time or by their routine they create. Players who have taken breaks come back and do this (I know I've done this) so why can't new players do the same?

You shouldn't want everything to be handed to new people on a platter. They need to take their time with CR/SP progression to learn the game, their power, their role, mechanics, etc. That is stuff that makes great players at end game, not giving away feats or making them purchasable.
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Agree in principal, but the DEV's ARE going down this road like it or not.

I've played 6+years, I know about routines... toy man missions, bouties, etc. I hated it. Others hated it.

So is that the objective, I hated doing it, so I must force it on everyone else?

Forcing players to repeat content they hate, is in no way be good for the game
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

worse part? I only need 1-2 pieces of 2 sets to finish them, an then the full set of 101 gear lol, Im more focued on the missing 8.3sp tbh
  16. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Look at the current progression system for end game. Do you think they honestly care about making people run the same content a million times to finish everything? I can't see how they would looking at that alone. Majority of the feats associated with AF3 and AoJ are centered around grind your *** off and hidden behind a pay wall neatly covered in replays. Look at the cost of vendor gear, essence salvage feat, gear mod feat, generator mod feat, and each op collection/feat and tell me they care that people have to run the same content on repeat. Judging by the amount of replays necessary to finish everything it doesn't seem like care at all how much people hate it and have to rerun it.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Why are all of your ideas so bad?
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Well for starters, we are speculating on what the change will be, offering up suggestions, ideas, or what we believe could work in some form or fashion to address a problem that the DEVS admit exist in game, and they have intentions to address.

Since little or no detail is given for said change, this allows our overeager imagination to fester, much like the pimple on a young virgin teens forehead right before prom.

Then someone, like yourself, comes along and pops that idea; and as a result the forums, is covered in fester for the next un-witty soul to step in.

Its really quit gross, but unfortunately without additional details, its all we have to work with.
  19. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I hope whatever it is, it includes a way for me to finish my pvp feats without doing pvp. :p