Buy Feats with Old Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 18, 2017.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Whenever I see one of these threads I think, "And what compensation do I get for actually doing them before the change?"

I felt this way when they started reusing some of the old rarer gear styles. I spent months grinding content in order to complete those styles. They should have created and given players a 5 star feat for each style completed before each one was reused.

And now you also want new players to be able to just fork over current marks for old feats?

What's next? Having the Marketplace sell episode feat packs for $50 each?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Here is some clarification for those that seem confused.

There is going to be something, who knows what, to allow new players to acquire skill points, the DEV's have stated that they are looking for ways for newer players to catch up to veterans. That means something, perhaps similar to this, is coming.

Feats are already purchasable in game, time capsules anyone? You can also buy feats for your alts, as long as you have already completed the feat.

In the example given, it would take 500 marks to buy a single total skill point if my math is correct (I need coffee...). 500. That's a lot of marks for a single skill point, the max we can hold is 200.

To get those marks, players would have to run and play content. Lower content preferably.

Feat integrity for some feats, is recommended. This would "protect" some of the harder to get feats, even though most players got those feats during the everyone is OP AM era, and of course there is always that segment that used clown boxes or known glitches to get the feats more easily.

The feat purchase would be limited, protecting more recent episode feats, where content is being ran, while allowing for puchase feats in content that is no longer played.

For those saying I need the feats, and a more personal look at what the feat would do for me:

I currently have 272 SP, had I not taken a few breaks, I have no doubt I would easily be in the 300 club.

Since the content is limited, and I have completed most of the feats for that content, the overall impact for me wouldn't be all that significant.

I think we can all agree the best way to get feats is to earn them. You will get no argument from me on this one. So lets look at one feat that I got, and compare it to todays version:

The kill reaper feat in central city. You know the one.

When I got it, it had to be done by yourself. No team up. There was no my buddy in group gets credit for my kills.

It was terribly boring, dull, time consuming, and if memory serves me, only a 1 start feat.

Do we really want to force people to kill reapers by themselves just to get a feat, to uphold "feat integrity"?

Happy Eclipse Day!!
    • Like x 2
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what styles are 1000 to complete that uses MoV?
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

the same compensation I got when vendor 22 and 00 were implemented, nothing.
  5. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

There is a absolutely nothing wrong with this plan
    • Like x 1
  6. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Thanks for the support, I think it's a solid start that could be implemented soon.
  7. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Its not just me. They are looking for ways to allow players to catch up with the higher SP players.

I get the frustration, and belief that our effort should be worth something.

This option, IMO, would be better than a feat episode pack like you mention.
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Style feats already have options, not sure they would need to be included in this.
  9. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Yes because clown box feats are king!!!!
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Yet stabilizers can be bought. ($$$)

So can stuff from the in game market place. (in game currency)

Marks can be used in the style vendor...

So??!? Its all already in game, not sure how this would be any different IMO.
    • Like x 1
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

e.g. Time Traveller, Runes of the Norsemen....
    WIth Bad luck these cost 560 marks.

PvP styles even cost much more...
  12. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It's a NO on this one.
  13. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I don't need any of those, I've already got them all.

Styles already have a manor to acquire them without playing the content. No need to cover those again.
  14. majosea Dedicated Player

nope, I can see daybreak selling a premade toon cr 147 with 147 sp with time capsule gear and aura and material as a bundle
    for a ton of [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. The_fair_1 Committed Player

It's an idea but I think if they were to do something like this the feats should cost a lot of marks a lot more than 75 for a 3
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I was going to say a full set of Norsemen at rare vendor is only 560 MoV (70 x 8)
  17. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I agree 1000% and also any other grindy ones to.
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Ok first, I don't like how the time capsules were implemented because it's literally paying for feats..Buying styles via the rare vendors or base items/collection pieces from the broker is very different. What you are implying is that you can use a currency to buy feats that either require skill or grind. You can't compare buying a style piece for 10 or 70 MoV to buying the lpve feats, PvP feats, no death feats, etc. That's not even a fair comparison.

If a person wants the SP then they should be able to put in the work to get them. If they don't want to put in the work to get the SP then they need to be ok with the amount of SP they have. Making feats that take time, effort, or skill for sale is absolutely insulting to the people who have them already. Why does this ever have to be a topic? You want more SP? Go earn them like others did..What's the point in actually playing the game as intended if you can buy everything? Where's the incentive in that? There isn't one..

I know the Dev's have stated that they are working on something to help the people who are at end game with low SP, and that already has me worried what they are doing..In my opinion they should do..not a damn thing about it...People need to stop being so damn lazy and work on feats if they want the SP. You don't have to be a "no lifer" to have a good amount of SP.

Buying feats won't ever be the solution, it will only add to the problem.
    • Like x 3
  19. Caroline Dedicated Player

You tell 'em.
    • Like x 1
  20. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

And how long have you been working in those feats? Years? Are new players expected to play for years just to get caught up with where you're at now? Where will you be when they do finally get caught up? You know some feats, will be even harder to achieve now than they were during the DPSUO era. You know some type of feat catch up is coming. Nay saying everything just because you don't like it, wont keep it from happening.

Again, this personally would do little for me. I have the majority feats from T4 and below, which is what I recommended. I think perhaps running another 125 battle for earth duos, completing some of the remaining CC bounties, about 225 or so is a complete waste of time not only for me, but the other players I play with, who simply don't want to rehash this same old content that we have beat numerous times.