Buy Feats with Old Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 18, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

people were handed those during AM times so whats the big deal?
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

big difference is they still had to do the actual feat.. no matter if it suddenly became easy

3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

well in that case make it so people would of had to ran and beat the instance the feat is tied to at least 1x

that imo is no different then a CR175+ ice, mental, sorc, earth going into wave 1 hitting everything (during AMs) getting feats for new ppl JS
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Buying feats should never be a thing regardless what is used to buy it. You will never appreciate a feat that was given to you. Those feats that you work your *** off for are gonna be the ones that you appreciate the most and are the most proud of. No one hates lpve more than I do, but even I wouldn't be ok with this. I know people who have dedicated their weekends to spamming lpve, (yea I thought they were nuts lol) and this would just degrade their insanity..err I mean hard work.. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

I would support this if they made it where each tier has its own mark set and you can only buy that tiers feats with that tiers marks. So no one can farm easy raids and buy harder tier feats. Then anything not covered by the episode marks can be bought with MoV.

With the devs talk of a solution to high cr with low sp I'm pretty sure this is what will happen...or a skip to 200 where they give majority of feats away.
    • Like x 1
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Did you miss the **** show after the skip to 100? You think they honestly wanna step in it like that again?
    • Like x 1
  7. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

I actually do think they would because yeah people threw a fit but at the end of the day those same people still bought replays, bought stabilizers, still subbed life went on because it was all talk. This forum is full of people who get mad about everything but turn right around and throw money at what they just got mad about. The devs realize this(or should by now) and just creating new ways to pull at our wallets.
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'll agree a lot of those same people still put money into the game in some form whether it's membership or whatever, but that's probably more so not wanting to throw away the actual hard work, money, time, effort they put into their characters.

All the same paying for feats in any form is pretty pathetic if you ask me. If you want them go EARN them. If you don't well then continue as you are, but don't ask to buy them. (general statement not directed at you personally)
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

B-but having money itself is a feat in real woooorld! ;-;

(Besides, skip to 100 gives you a lot of autocompleted feats).
    • Like x 1
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

It's funny you think it's all just talk. Friends left the game partially, because feats were given away.

And those who are still around ( including me ), that still care about feats are hoping that it doesn't happen ever again, and if it does, then you must have heard about the saying: "The straw that broke the camel's back".
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Feats really do not need to be any easier.
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

CAMELRINE!

*runs*
  13. Caroline Dedicated Player

LMAO
    • Like x 1
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

At best I would say that maybe MoV could be used as an alternative to replays, but replays should still be an option just because some people need the marks for feats (Styles for starters). Definitely shouldn't be a way to just flat out buy a feat. Things like Ultimate Victory for example should be earned. Is it hard? Sure. Are some of the feats ridiculous grinds for little reward? You betcha. Without that this game would have almost no play-ability.
  15. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

/Sarcasm On

I want the "God Mode" + "Max Stats" for free.

Can I have that too?

Maybe for 100 MoV + Some PvP Currency?

/Sarcasm Off
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The Difference now is that AM's are gone, so players actually have to legit earn those feats.

Also what about the players who got some of those feats before AM's came into play, are we just going to ignore the fact that those players had to earn those feats and struggle to get them?

And finally; I just want to make one last point:
    I constantly hear how New Players aren't good at the game, how people want New Players to be able to get good at the game, how people want New Players to know what they are doing.

Hmm, how can we make Players good at the game? Oh yeah, let's hand them every Hard Achievement on the game on a sliver platter, that'll make them real good at the game.

Now that the AM era is gone and people can't cakewalk everything, people are again looking for ways just to straight up buy skill points. When some people are actually looking for ways to buy Skill Points instead of playing the game and earning those feats from the content, it's a sad state of affairs.

My Point is: You can't have your cake and eat it too, this system will ultimately have alot of backfiring from Veterans and it'll deal even more damage to Players that haven't even gotten the feats.
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats not my point, my point is what about the 1000s who didnt have to learn and got a free pass during the AM time?

sure handing feats out isn't going to help, but let me ask this, how did those players get say the 25-100 MoV (going off the example in the OP) to unlock said feat?

Oh thats right by running and beating content.

btw I've been here since 2011 and could care less. Know why? If I was starting out today in this game the massive feat list that was sat infront of me would push me away especially since a good chunk of stats now come from SP'

898 might, 3307 power, 200 resto, are just a few examples. And it takes 175 just to see these numbers btw.

only back firing it will cause it to people's ego's. Which remind me again, isn't this a team based game where we are suppose to look out for other members in this game and teach them?

Yet none of that ever happens unless you're in the same league :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  18. PandaAsh New Player

I like this idea but I don't think it should be in the actual game. It does seem like if this were to be added then players would forget certain mechanics of specific content and we already have players like that.

Different feats force you to learn how to play parts of the game on a certain level. If feats can just be bought after running a raid 2 or 3 times then the player won't have the chance to learn, for example, how a boss should be properly beaten.

On a slightly different note, they should add another style vendor for the higher styles but not the current content. Like the vendors in the respec area of the watcher. I know players who have bought all of the styles in both vendors and just have marks stacked up.
  19. docfraiser Active Player

I kinda like the idea of the OP. But I agree with Apollodarkblade21. A special currency for each tier. And some feats should stay the way they are. So yeah...total supporter of this idea!! You already have so many things you can do besides the feat system. And there are people who cannot spend hours in front of their PC or Console. They wanna have fun and a good time. So this would help those people really much.
  20. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Nope.
    It can't even be balanced, because some styles cost 100 - 1000 MoV to complete.