Buttkickers INC

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Hyperwarp, May 22, 2013.

1. Adriana New Player

Personality wise, I give them triple A+. Even their ancients are nice and friendly. Ancients mean the players from when the game started.
  2. Thechemicals New Player

Hey ButtKickers, if you recruit me as your pvp Director/leader branch - i can turn your pvp game around and youll be number one in pvp.
    I played this game in the beggining and dominated pvp and left for civilizations4 and starcraft2. I have returned about 4 weeks ago and have attained cr 84 pvp on villain and hero side. I prefer Hero side because i dont like bullies or poor behavior and villain-side tends to carry most of these people.
    Im interested in your league because you have high marks in pve which is an area i tend to lack in, and you have a good player member base. I also see your league as a place i can start a project for myself; Improve a league pvp overrall. If you are interested please pm me, you wont regret it. My name is Brian from Florida.

My only conditions are

1.that your League have adult players, at least 75% of members must be adults.
    2. That your League use some kind of voicechat skype/phone/ingame
    3. That your league not hurt the sensitivities of those who may be sensitive (I would like to eventually recruit my woman to your league, if this is condition is possible).
  3. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

I'm gonna say that's as far as they got on your list. Nobody who blind invites people to a league as often as they do can make that happen, I purely based statement on percentages alone. I had an alt that was not in any league and every time I logged in I got at least 2 invites to join them in an hour.
  4. Thechemicals New Player

I believe they have learned from this. The website says they have restricted that kind of recruitment.
  5. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Aw Buttkickers these money website spammers are in your league :( this was just from yesterday

6. MysticRedStone New Player

Well i was unaware this had happened but now i do so thx and he will be dealt with!
  7. Simon Catling New Player

Hi this is Simon Catling and my alt Nights Squire. I know you don;t remember but I made Nights Squire to help with the transition from the old league and the new one.
  8. Tweek New Player

I am a proud member of buttkickers inc for quite some time and can't speak for everyone but I so do enjoy running with the gang, learning, teaching, helping, and playing this game with them makes it a lot more enjoyable. I started out only doing pve but with their help and wealth of knowledge I've stepped up my pvp potential and can now more than hold my own I kick butt :). I don't ever see myself leaving to join an elitist league even tho I've been asked many times too. I stand strong with my brothers in league .
    yours truly
    Tweekette
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Happy for You. Truly, I am. C U in PvP :)
  10. OSDxArsenal New Player

My league has run with Buttkickers a time or two, in PVE (We going to start working on our PVP teams after first of year) and they are a good league at least the people we ran with, but in my experience as a league member and Leagues leader, is size often becomes a liability, nothing wrong with a large league, but make sure you got a solid foundation. If you don't have a good leadership foundation, and keep reinforcing that foundation as you grow, then your league will collapse, people will leave and become inactive. And in the end u end up with a mess. I've seen it happen time and again. (Happened with the league I was with before I formed (OSDx) One idea my league is playing with is once we grow to a certain number of players, we split off and form a second league with our t5's and have our big guns in a special elite group, and the rest of the players in the main league, if we start wanting to train the lower tiers and under 30 players, we will form a special league to do so, putting the best person in the lead. Its all boils down to one thing, balance. Without it no league no matter what kind it is, can endure.
  11. Kroye Loyal Player

Not sure if unwitting necro, or shameless self-promotion. (I'm leaning toward the latter.)

Either way, I stand by my previous posts. Buttkickers are a nice group of guys and gals (though I think my alt got kicked, probably for inactivity.)
  12. OSDxArsenal New Player

Appreciate the reply, and actually its neither. I just giving the benefit of my experience, in case someone reading this is thinking of starting their own league. And I agree they are a nice group, and I have no complaints about them. All the group I've run with are good players, and work well as a team.
  13. Minister Of Death New Player

Oh hey look it's the Buttkicker recruitment center!!!

I just read through all of the comments from the haters. As a few people know I ran a league called Villian Empire. Which was undoubtedly the largest Villain League on US PC. I think a lot of people don't understand how big leagues like this form.

The main problem is when a player first starts out, its rough to learn all the game mechanics. There actually isn't enough helpful people out there. You get kicked from raids, verbally abused with name calling. Usually from legendary players who have top gears. I feel that its irresponsible for good players not to share common knowledge with the unfortunate. Relating from personal experience I was that guy. This is the first online game I have ever played. So when I would ask for help only a few would answer that calling. The rest were ignorant players who suggested I should know every single thing about the game in my first month. I remember the first time I was called a scrub. I was thinking to my self..."scrub" isn't that a jobless person? So how am I a scrub for being ****** at a video game. In fact I realized that the elitists were scrubs because they clearly don't have a jobs and a lot of free time.

So saying this I realized there were a lot of skilled part-timers out there like myself, who also shared the same values. Creating a league based on those values was the best way to succeed in the game for a players like me. A large league with many members on in all time zones so that everyone had the benefits of learning and able to form groups all times of the day. This model is very ideal. People that are not a good fit, or tend to have emotional issues just get weeded out or quit the this type of league only leaving the crème of the crop. After year 2 of villian empire I had a very strong leadership team that was constantly helping players all days of the week.

I seen a comment stating that "you could never have the games top 5% in a league like this" Joke is I can safely say I'm on of the best "true" tanks on US PC.(screw you dps these days haha) And I can list all of the other greats on my fingers.

Leagues like this are slated as "stepping-stone leagues". And you know what I can proudly say yes that's true. Now-a-days on Villain Side PC my league has broken up into many smaller leagues, with extraordinary players. It's great knowing that we had the chance to learn and grow together. I don't think a lot of players would have become as good as they are today with out the team work displayed in the much larger league. While elite leagues of 10 members come an go, the large ones survive and continue to build the power base of DCUO.

Interesting fact 80% of Good players on US PC Villain side have graced the wall of Villian Empire at least once on there main or have built up to a level 30 Alt. (If you question that you would be a new player)

The real trick to having the best league in the world would be to have a large one 50 player on 24/7 that are active helpers. This would be best league to exist. You little leaguers out there are missing out at touching this glory (which has happen a few times). There nothing like raiding a city and having 30 league mates take over and shut down an area. It's by far one of the best rewards for the effort.

Saddest thing I ever did was disband V.E but it was worth it to start a league with all the league leaders that have been with me since day one. We continue to help and mentor people on a much smaller scale. In V.E I recruited all levels of players. Now it's on a stricter limit of T3 level 30's and up. It's much easier to manage a large league of level 30's then it is to coach lower levels. Only because my real life work hours strain more of my time, I just dont have time for it any more. But cheers to you buttkickers! Keep on keeping on!

Your Friend MinisterOfDeath
  14. OSDxArsenal New Player

This kinda the transition my league is going for now. While we never got as big as your villains league we did get pretty big in size, and did much the same thing after building a basic leadership foundation, but at the time I had more time to manage it. Our league is young and still we are weeding out the more "high maintenance" but we do have a good solid foundation of loyal players, most of us leveled together. Unlike most of the league leaders in hero's side and other, this is my first MMO and I have only been playing since May 2013. I more or less took over OSDx by default and found I inherited from my parents a knack for management so its worked out I also had some of the best players around me who made sure I wasn't carrying the load of the league alone. One thing I've learned and perhaps the most important, even as a T5 player, is you are never too good to learn, and there is always more than one way to do something. So no matter how awesome you think you are, or flawless, don't be afraid to listen, and learn something new.