Brothers in Arms (Operation) feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

First of all, thanks to everyone who playtested the Brothers in Arms operation on the Test server, and particularly those that gave feedback.

Now that the content is live, I'm sure there will be a lot more people getting into the operation, and with more people, more issues may be discovered. Please post any problems you come across, or any feedback you have regarding this operation in this thread. I'll be checking this thread for feedback and bugs to try to keep the Brothers in Arms operation running smoothly.
  2. Twisted Titan Committed Player

In the first part where you have to take the scientists to the museum, the scientist sometimes bug out. After you click their gear they run away from you can then fall to the ground. No matter how many times you pick them up they run away and fall to the ground again.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hjal Developer

This behavior should happen when the scientist is in a combat state. Were the group fighting enemies in the area or were there creatures chasing the scientist?
  4. Twisted Titan Committed Player

The group wasn't fighting but they moved the mob to another area. Even when we were done fighting the scientist refused to follow us.
  5. Emerald_Starlight New Player

Ran this earlier today. Everything went smoothly, no bugs. Only thing I can say is that it seemed like the gear drops were almost entirely dps, but it was the first run, so not sure if this will be typical.
    • Like x 1
  6. MooseDetective New Player

Random thoughts on this op:

- the Central City stuff is suffering from horrible pop-in. Is there really no fix for this? I'd really prefer being forced to stand still for another 60 seconds or something if I could actually SEE the baddies and not get jump-murdered.

- there was a lot going on in these boss fights, and I'm not 100% sure I understand all of it just yet, but they were pretty entertaining.

- When Jor-El's Krona move changed direction I thought that was kinda mean. :D

- Can the white fog effect at the edge of outside maps be toned down? Whenever I walk to the edge I get multiple seconds of not being able to see anything. How about a dimmer fog and an "edge of map" warning?

- I'm not sure if I missed a cutscene or voiceover, but it sure seemed like there was a hole in the story. I'll pay more attention next time.
    • Like x 2
  7. Twisted Titan Committed Player

I agree with this. It was slightly annoying especially when I was trying to great the briefing that was just on the edge
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I couldn't agree with you more. There is a lot of the objectives near the edge of the map and getting the glocoma effect while trying to do the mission drives me nuts. It's bad enough that the outlines don't work in really high yeild battles, this just makes it impossible to see period. :( I don't understand why we have to have that horrible effect to tell us the map ends anyways. We can easily fix that with the invisible wall. I think it should be removed from the game. :/
    • Like x 4
  9. DCUO Anon New Player

Agreed the Fog is truly blinding especially when zoom out is maxed. Did not have audio from jump to jump making it hard to follow the plot quickly and it looses it's entertainment value.

Got killed in CC by invisible mob/singularity upon landing in a heal clip over my group. The mob/singularity took 3/4 of us out Tank endured yet the loading is similar to that effect one may encounter at Styker's when protecting the turret.

Really enjoyed the run, and enjoyed the live-stream replay Loche, Spytle did on the Anomalies and Brother's in Arms.
  10. mgibson New Player

Nice job on the new content. I like the difficulty and the new story line. I was a tiny bit disappointed in the reuse of old easy to get styles from baby times. I hope we can get the lagging out and solve the glitches...yeah, I couldn't get Lex to fight us a second time either, after leaving and coming back.
    - Now for the question (I'm sorry if this was addressed in a vid, but I didn't want spoilers)- I noticed in central city, there was a Paradox Eradicator (I believe that was the name) that was stomping around. I aggroed him by accident, but after we killed him, we got drops. We did not get marks for it, and there was never a mission directive pointing us to him, however, I did get loot locked from him. Was this a hidden objective, or were we supposed to get marks for him?
    Again, TYVM DEVS!!! Nice job!
  11. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Can you explain a little more about this? You were in Alt. Metropolis, and you defeated and secured Lieutenants until Lex Luthor spawned, your group wiped, and when you came back, he didn't respawn? You mentioned leaving and coming back? Did you try defeating another Lieutenant and securing him? Do you recall if there was on-screen messaging suggesting you need to defeat Lieutenants to re-summon Lex? Thanks again!
  12. Crafty_Crafter Developer

The bosses in Central City for the DLC7 Operations do not drop Marks of Reality, they do however drop pieces of gear for you. This is intentional.
    • Like x 2
  13. MrKappaKappaPsi New Player

This is my favorite. One tip for speedsters is when you travel it's harder for you because of the amount of ads, so make sure you stay on the sides of buildings high. So you don't get unintentional agro when following the group. side of buildings are safe.
    • Like x 1
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

This is true but in Metro and Gotham the end zone cuts you off from using the very top of buildings, and with the way SS works things can get a little sticky/tricky running along the sides. So for me using the sides don't always work well as jumping from building top to top. If I had a Joker flight backpack getting around these operations would be child's play.

Dev's is there anyway that the end zone could be raise higher and let us speedsters use the very top of all the buildings to get around? and the rate that the Npc's re-spawn be lowered? As it is now there is no way to fully travel on the ground unless your with your team mates killing one group of adds to the next, its just to much aggro trying to get from point A to B, Miss timing a SS jump/landing in these operations are a death trap.
    • Like x 2
  15. Bishop New Player

I love this op', everything about it is just class. Jor-El has the best suit ever, please send me the name of the artist(s) so I can mail them my love, no seriously please do.

Krypton in the background, the cutscenes, the trash mobs, CC actually feels alive this time, Metropolis oozes Luthor oppression.

My one qualm? It is not hard enough. I feel Jor-El is just too easy, I can DPS the adds with a single rotation (if that, when I pop trinket) and I'm full CR81/2. For an end-boss, I think he needs a bit more oomph in him. Add another special attack or maybe jack up the falling ceiling damage. I think the Ner'ee fight is harder than Jor-El just because of the fire alone.

However, I must admit this is one awesome op'. Well done everyone.

Bishop
    • Like x 1
  16. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

agreed.
    the main agravation ive had running these ops so far was the fact that i am SS but the rest of my group has been flight.
    ive ended up just sounding like a whiner b/c im like: " uh guys, i cant fly, can u sorta help me out here" over and over again.
    its pretty tough for a flyer to understand how constrictive these environments are for SS b/c of the "smoke walls".

thanks.
    • Like x 2
  17. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Two things:
    1. The Paradox Demon Hunter feat. says to "Take down the Paradox Despoiler and the Paradox Eradicator" but when you click on the feat it says "Paradox Prowler" and "Paradox Eradicator" Is this a typo?

2. The Paradox Prowler seems to have a much longer re-spawn time compared to the Paradox Eradicator. Is this intended?
  18. mgibson New Player

Awesome! TY.
    -We finished this alert last night, and I had no issues with anything from the game mechanics to the visuals. We just had to learn to dodge the fire, which gets really, really, REALLY difficult when you have my fire tank and a fire dps in that itty bitty room. We had some good laughs on that one.
  19. mgibson New Player

I believe it was a issue with the world was shutting down a few minutes after we'd tried all this. I spoke to the other group mates, and they chalked it up to that. If it was not a one-time issue, we still had the message that just said Defeat Lex, no arrow leading us back. However, we did not attempt to kill another lieutenant.
  20. Liam Solo New Player

Yes the sky box needs to be raised. Super Speed is indeed more difficult to navigate the ops. Please devs allow us to get to the top of buildings. The geometry of the buildings makes it difficult to "run" along the sides of them to get to where we need to go.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.