Bonus Spore Weekend! May 18-21

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Complaining? Nah, voicing opinions. How about if you don't have the money to put things in a broker cause if you risk your money...someone else can come in and undersell you and now you have less money, an unsold thing, and are stuck with mats you don't need. We go back to a "luck" factor which sucks. I feel they should sell some of the mats in the vendor even if they are an outrageous amount like 300 spores for an endoskeleton or 250 for a tentacle, etc. Luck should not be a factor...some people grind the crap out of the game and are very dedicated and should be rewarded for it. F*** luck.
  2. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

I admit that I didn't read your entire post nor the one you replied to. I'm just taking this opportunity to give my opinion. It is my opinion that it's a good thing to offer rare items (and make things difficult).

I've recognized a problem with making games "fair" as making them TOO easy, which results in the disastrous future of a game. I suspect players become bored from the lack of competition, but I've not attempted to hold a survey, so I really don't know. But I have seen the greatest game ever, SWG, go down in flames the same minute they did away with Jedi perma-death.

After developers listen to players who worry about how difficult things are, then respond by making the game easy, has historically been the cause of many a failed games. That's my opinion.
  3. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I am not saying to make the game easy at all. I am saying that maybe add the materials at a high spore cost so that we have at least the opportunity to craft the items....making things based on "luck" does not seem fair, IMO. Like I said a person that is spending hours or $$$ for replays to get certain items are not getting them and someone that plays once a week can get it right away based on "luck". I also reiterate that the broker idea is good yes, in theory but if you put an item in broker, you have to "gamble" your money and pray someone does not come in and undersell you cause then you are stuck with the item and lost the money for putting it in the broker..yet again "luck". I have enough with luck when I open time capsules....again, this my opinion.
  4. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I'm excited for this. I came off of a Hiatus well after this event started, and this'll help me catch up!
    • Like x 1
  5. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it, however that was just one possible option. There is always trade chat where you can sell items for a specified price (no luck involved), you can ask your league for help finding materials (and possibly swap materials or drops if they are not generous enough to give them to you), you get stabilizer fragments which, when opened, often drop valuable boxes.

Yes, people undercut prices, its a competitive market. When you put your item in the broker, chances are you're doing exactly the same thing to someone else. Knowing when and how to sell things isn't so much about luck as it is experience. While its possible, and even likely, that your sale will be undercut, as long as your price is reasonable, in my experience 9 times out of 10, it sells.

The way I see it, if you want to succeed, there are plenty of paths you can take to do so. If, however, you have a mindset that the game is unbalanced, unfair, and unreasonable, there is little I or anyone else can say to change that opinion.

My point? Just try something.
  6. The Crysalid Active Player

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to get the Starro Elimination Squad feat before the event ends? It's impossible to get in pug groups and my tiny league doesn't have enough players on at once to attempt it. I'd really like to knock this one out for the Title.
  7. fkeidjn Level 30

another bonus ancient coin weekend please :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Etta Powers New Player

This looks supper great.
  9. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

Dang, kinda wish I had seen this yesterday. It took a long time to get the group together but I LFG'd a group and ran this last night. The feat itself is really easy if you get a person (preferably a tank or a role with shields) on each side running back and forth between the tables and the hatcheries. Best of luck to ya.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.