Bonus Spore Weekend! May 18-21

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Please don't have a bonus material drop weekend. That's a horrible idea. Why can't something be rare in this game? It's not hard to buy the plan with marks. So it should be hard, or very luck, to get the material. This is a game, right?

Great for the double marks. Helps me finish gearing a couple more alts and stock pile marks for next time around. :)
    • Like x 3
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

3. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Fool me once... I think I'll pass. The last time you guys did the bonus spores weekend it was not a success. Lots of people had issues and nothing was ever done to fix the problem via support channels (at least for me, I was told to just write about the bug on some third party bug tracker that isn't a part of DBG).
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Definitely not a bonus drop weekend. I had to run tons of alts through to get my mats. If someone else wants it badly, they should either replay the heck out of stuff or do the same.
    • Like x 1
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I would have liked to have seen a OP Plan for ALTS.
    One that does not require tons of Complex and Simples, paxilla etc.
    Sort of like getting the Gear in AFIII; not in relation to # of Spores, but in R&D Costs.
    I got plenty of Spores on my ALTS; but don't with to re-acquire and spend all this material for each alt.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I believe that the endoskeletons only drop in the raid...Either way, running it on 3 toons every week since it dropped and never received a single one. Heck, I still had to buy ossicles from the broker to make the mask (I had to buy my endoskeleton also). I agree that the drop rates are absolutely atrocious for something that will only be around on a temporary basis.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Crysalid Active Player

Meh, I'm burnt out on this content. It should have been a month long. This whole "major event" thing really sucks with overlapping seasonal content. The zone is dead every day, so clearly I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm at the point where I don't even care about the feats anymore. *sigh*
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

i got all 3 of my endoskeletons from alert
  9. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I stand correct then, thx for the input!

This also makes me even more mad now, as I've been running the alert EVERY DAY on 3 toons and haven't had a single one to drop. The RnG madness is slowly pushing me away.
    • Like x 2
  10. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I have gotten 1 Endo running 6 characters daily...right now, I need ossicles & tentacles to create 1 mask for my troller, as I am forgoing making one for my tank. SMH. Give us a bonus Mats Weekend.
  11. Batmatt Active Player

I really want to log in for this after a week away from starro. I don't know if this will even convince me though.
  12. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Speak for yourself. I need those materials. Crank back that bad luck meter. Hell, just throw the whole damn thing out the window! Maybe if the event was ongoing. But it's going to end on the 31rst.
    • Like x 2
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I got an endoskeleton from the duo treasure box.

As far as the bonus weekend how come we dont get the info on what the bonus actually is? Is it double marks? And i know 1 of these weekends has already been done but i dont like assuming things.
    • Like x 4
  14. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

Yes the endoskeletons are very rare, I haven't had a single one drop personally, however y'all need to stop complaining about it. The other mats are worth enough I've been able to afford endo's for 3 of my toons by selling the paxillas, discs, spine fragments, complexes, simples, etc... Just cause you don't get the particular material you need doesn't make it impossible to get.

My personal suggestion? Use this weekend to get an extra starro aura, sell it, and use the funds to buy yourself an endoskeleton. If its double spores, thats 120 possible the first day plus an extra 16 for the next 3 days. 168 spores without resets is more than 3/4 of what you need for the expensive aura collection pieces. The broker is a wonderful tool. They're giving us extra stuff, please just take it and be grateful instead of complaining about it.
    • Like x 3
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I've been pretty lucky with the r and d drops. I've managed to craft three rings, 3 utility belts and 2 masks. about to make my 3rd mask (only need simple mats and 2 tentacles). By the time the event goes down i'm hoping to have at least two more rings and ubs and 1 more mask. I only used the broker to buy one of my endoskeletons early on (for a mil point 25 it was a steal).

conversely ive been so busy grinding out the small stuff on all my toons accumulating r and d mats from treasure boxes i havent really focused on any of the feats that require more than a fast burn.

itll give me something to do next time.
  16. MACLATIN1 New Player

Wouldn't know the servers down again with zero notice once again! At this point I don't even know why I pay for this lousy service! Your losing my $100 renewal fee quickly!
  17. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  18. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Ahhhh....you got me....I was expecting this to be next weekend
  19. L0rd0FTh3Gam3 New Player

Thank you DCUO devolpers, i really needed that, also i mean the Starro spore's, maybe you can next time make the fragment capsules bonus, another time thank you!
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, it ends on the 31st thus year. It will be back next year. I am speaking for myself. No extra materials, sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.