Bonus Member Discount Week! Plus, Royal Chromas.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

They could've given members 75% off, or 100% off, or heck pay members to be members (eyeroll)
    A discount is a discount. If you don't want to pay less? Simple. Don't.
    • Like x 4
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Did you get them for free on all of your toons?
    The answer is no. Meaning if you used the Black Royal Chroma on one toon, you cannot use it on another. Now you have the option to.
    • Like x 4
  3. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

In what way is making things less expensive for members a punishment?
    • Like x 3
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What about the glitched PS Only Member Sale that's been in the marketplace since December that has conveniently never been mentioned for 15,000 MC & Red Obsidian Material :rolleyes:
  5. Malivic01 Active Player

Never been mentioned...until now lol

I wouldnt mind a lifetime membership though...
  6. sheriffgoff Level 30

i didnt say making things less expensive for members is a punishment; you should read more carefully, i said profiteering in time of national crises was punishable or use to be. this crises has only shown america that the corporations are allowed to profit in times of need but everyone else is screwed, do you really this 10% is a thank you dude, it is a marketing strategy plain and simple.
  7. DredPirateRoberts New Player

I just want to thank the devs for all the good work
    Love the game and despite the glitches the new DLC is wonderful
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I say thanks for the effort, although with the recent spring sale I doubt you will see much added activity. I don't think I will be buying anything personally. I'm guessing it was a crunch time decision and a 20% discount would take little coding to implement.

As far as putting the Royal chromas in the MP, it's kind of a slap to the members as it basically negates the 'gift' we got for the anniversary...a portion of it anyway. Too bad there can't be a deeper discount on this one item for anyone who already has been given the gift Royal Chroma as purchasing it now would basically just erase what we were given before? Or you could have skipped the 20% sale and put this one item on a 'members' sale at 50% for the week. Might have picked up a few memberships on that deal.

Haven't looked yet, but with the pack be in the Loyalty vendor? That would still sting a bit, but at least it makes it attainable for 'free' as a member perk.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you're a member during this week it'll only cost you $20. :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Malivic01 Active Player

Is the royal chroma not able to be purchased if the original free chroma was claimed/consumed?

I put all original 21 chroma on my main. Went to the marketplace to purchase royal chroma package for alt and am unable to do so.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You may need to be on the alt to make the purchase. I'll check into this.
    • Like x 3
  12. myandria Item Storage

Update: This seems to be the case; if you do claim the royal chroma pack on one character then you need to use an alt to purchase it from the marketplace. I have only claimed one of the royal chroma packs on one of my characters and could not use that character to purchase another pack. I haven't tried putting the other chromas on other characters.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes you have to use an Alt. Will post my video soon. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Isif Committed Player

Well aware of the origin. Guess I should have lowercased my letters and removed the quotation marks to not offend. Not trying to extend this trail of tears anymore.
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

I know... You were just using it as a reference...

I just thought it was funny/ironic that you were using as a refence for unwarranted crying or exaggerated complaining.

Wasn't really offended... ;)
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Sorry, I dont mean to single you out.... But why do people insist on calling it "Hard Light". As far as I know only the shield is called that because it is....you know...hard? Arent the powers themselves just called 'Light' powers?
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]

I'm really confused how someone is saying the increased membership discount is profiteering. If DCUO wanted to profiteer, they would of taken say the $15/month subscription and double or triple subscription fee. To take advantage of the mass of gamers stuck at home.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

people wanted stuff for nothing.
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

When the Power launched, it was called Hard Light. Somewhere down the road they call it Light but for a lot of us from the Launch we still refer to it as its original name.
    • Like x 1
  20. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

I think this is a great, they could have done nothing and just released the BOP episode, which is cool, but they didn't haft to give any discounts, as for as the chromas, I am glad they are offering them for sale because I need them for some of my other characters..... only issue I have is that the Royal Black Chroma doesn't show any detail in the black, when you apply it the areas that uses the black the detail just gets hidden by the black, no shine, no detail nothing, its like when you use a black crayon and color in heavy the areas and all the outline blends in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.