Bonus Data Chips Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

try getting into a group as a might based mental dps.

you'll end up with ***lots*** of free time.

thanks for that!
  2. BumblingB I got better.

If it helps, some games set a schedule for bonuses/event weekends. I'm not sure the reasoning why DCUO doesn't like to announce weekends like that in advance, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to do. (I understand why sales doesn't get advance notice.)
    • Like x 2
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

Mepps is always at his best when he's sassy. LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I do like how Star Trek online does their monthly schedules with stuff there's not much confusion about when something begins and ends.
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But there's not a double-something *every* weekend, which is what I'm suggesting.

Sure, people will always say "but I want a DIFFERENT [double-whatever]" each time, but as you say, that always happens anyway.

And I would think you'd still attract more log-ins and stickiness if every weekend there was a different special doubling of something, rather than the current less frequent double-something weekends. (I could be wrong!)

Could it hurt to give it a try?

I did snicker at your stiletto-like "But yeah, I can see not even giving it a try but also finding the time to post about its bonus weekend," though. Smoothly done.
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Next weekend: Special Mepps Double-Snark Weekend! Get twice the laughs as usual!

Open to all DCUO players and forum contributors.
  7. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I gave it a try and made it to level 2. This is not easy :D

EDIT: Since it was a double data chips weekend I thought I'd give it a shot. But after having watched some of the videos of people finishing the last round, or earlier rounds I understand why now. My team wasn't the best by a long shot and we just did it for some league fun but if it requires broken mechanics to fly through the content then the content isn't good or fun. I guess that with a proper team you can make it to level 10. After that you'd need 2 tanks pulling/rolling away from the skulls/one shots and everyone else using the bow/flurry shot to finish everything else. That doesn't take skill, it just takes time. But to each their own, hope the next version will be better.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you schedule the Double-Whatever Weekend, and post it somewhere easy to find, then yeah, will have a bigger turnout than the current "hey, guess what? there will be a Double-Whatever Weekend, starting yesterday, don't miss it!"
    • Like x 1
  9. metro2k Well-Known Player

I 'm happy for the bonus Data Chips but I can't do anything in SM my round is 0.
    it is very rare (for me) to enter and when I do not pass the round 1.
    I play when I'm not working and just to have fun I'm not a professional like you ... maybe it depends on this reason.
    • Like x 1
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We’ve reverted back to the old SOE days when the gamer mentality was running the dev team. That’s fine except there was no business mentality to accompany it. As a result, we ended up with cowboy suits and firemen uniforms on marketplace; and we had ideas like triple station cash that robbed them of untold sums of money.

The business side appears to be awol at the moment. The people who introduced the idea of bonus weekends and time capsules, etc. They’re not making their prescience known. If they were, you would surely see early rounds of SM made accessible enough to encourage replay use. As it is, LFG on double SM mark weekend is filled with shouts for round 9 or round 20 or round 29. How many of those are replaying? One of the points of a double mark weekend (likely the main point) is to make people replay.

Ive heard that SM is meant to be a mountain for those that want to climb it. Mountain climbs generally don’t start with sheer cliffs.

But thinking about business does bring up a point - what happened to Jack? The money making initiatives started when he came in; and as they’ve slacked off, he’s seemingly disappeared too.
    • Like x 2
  11. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

If you really wanna double something might I suggest double damage weekend? You can do it 1 of two ways either double the damage we do which would be pretty neat or double the amount of damage we take which would be funny. And make it a surprise never say which it is so we log in and get blasted or thump something hard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.