Bonus Data Chips Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AquiloFury Committed Player

Honestly, the fact we did not beat round 1 was more than likely on me...I was a 267/285 healer at the time..I don't run a lot of group content due to time constraints..If I tweak my loadout..I would probably do better...it works fine for the weekly bounties in JLD and Atlantis..but I don't think that translates into instanced content very well lol. The group i was with was super nice..and wasn't pointing fingers at anyone..that's rare lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

• WARNING: Obviously Nazi hate-speech isn't appropriate.
    But this isn't really "all players" as all players can't use the content.

This type of play is only for the very-end endgamers.

I'm assuming that there aren't enough (or as many as expected) players playing this content; thus, causing the need to lure more to play the content with the bait of greater rewards.

And I'm not at all arguing that something shouldn't be done for the very-end end-gamers as they are probably prone to throw money at the game.

I know that there will be some kind of reward that I can participate in again soon.

<SNIP>
  3. rimvader Well-Known Player

Same Here!
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

I appreciate this! I have been busy with work and actual real life (you know, all that boring non-DCUO stuff....) for the better part of this month and haven't had a whole lot of time to geek out this SM as much as I'd wanted to. This will probably bring the population back a few rounds to help me play catch-up and rack up more of them marks. :)

Thanks Devs, and keep 'em coming!
    • Like x 2
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Will probably never get old enough to partake in SM, butt the point of it, is to Survive! Which means it's gonna be fracking brutal, you can't just go in and except to get a reward by standing in a corner, which also means it won't be for everyone even at MEG, certainly as snog-goblins shouldn't be able to just buy the rewards
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We would like more folks to get past the first few rounds and have some currency to spend, and expect Season 2 (TBD) to take this and other feedback/data into account.

Survival Mode is meant to be the ultimate mountain to climb for those interested in mountains - something so challenging that it makes maximizing your character's potential and gear and growth and skills pay off. It's also intended to be a fun event in between episodes and other things - something new to do for who are generally our most engaged players.

Participation in Season 1 has dwarfed all past versions of Survival Mode, even with the earlier rounds starting perhaps on the too-difficult end of the scale. We think with minor adjustments to where things start and how things ramp up, continuing the rewards/currency system, and other cheese-flavored solutions, Season 2 could dwarf Season 1. More feedback is always good, if you've got it.

This thread is about a bonus weekend though, in fact a new bonus weekend, where everyone can get some extra data chips for giving it a try or going the distance again. Earlier rounds have been made a bit easier since launch, so you may fare better than if you tried it right at launch. Not every weekend can be <insert your favorite weekend>, especially the really exciting ones, because them being really exciting and special is basically the whole point.
    • Like x 8
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All players can use the content. There's no gate that prevents anyone from reaching the appropriate combat rating. It's still up to players to play the game, though.
    • Like x 4
  8. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

It's almost impossible for it to be your fault in r1 unless the tank was wearing dps gear. The main problem I see in 1st time groups is that everyone ignores Lex's laughing attacks and dies. Probably people ignore the laugh because there is no skull indicator. When they die in the bunker buster you have to wait for the rockets to stop before the pickup. What I find helpful is if the tank turns Lex sideways or facing away from the group, and then the other 3 people spread out from each other. That way it's easier to know when Lex is laughing at you. Block and roll backwards when Lex laughs at your
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I like reading this. I would love to try it, but right now I know I'm just not good enough to even get through the first round. If the first round was doable even by those of us who will never be elite, it would be lovely... as long as it ramps up in difficulty fast enough to keep the serious players happy.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I would just like to say that I think having a different "double [SOMETHING]" *every* weekend would still make weekends special, as the rewards would rotate and this would provide incentive for at least some players to play extra to get those special only-ever-6-or-8-or-10 rewards.

I think a rotating schedule of a different double reward every weekend would be more than special enough to be worth doing and would in fact be a wonderful thing that would definitely encourage more playing and more purchases of replay badges.

I really can't see many people saying "oh, it's only the Double XP Weekend that only comes every 6 or 8 or whatever spaced-out weekends, how boring and unspecial."

You have plenty of choices of possible rewards so there's no need to repeat them much more frequently, if at all, then the current policy of every three weeks or whatever it is.

I would like to suggest consideration of this idea of making every weekend special in some different way. I can't see a significant downside, myself, though obviously you have the relevant information and will be aware of things I am not. So it's just a suggestion.

But I think it would make most players happy and yet have few, if any, drawbacks.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I wouldn't be too quick to make assumptions here without at least giving it a try once or twice. What's the harm in just checking it out? You might get further than you think, and if you don't, you'll know in five to ten minutes, max.

Just a suggestion.
    • Like x 3
  12. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I really hope they will never do one of these again. People always complaining that their mule accounts have no more space, just use the dang things already and play like a normal person.
    • Like x 2
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I guess this weekend would be a good time to try and fail, eh? I'll give it a shot, but I'm a crappy DPS at best, and will never be great - because I want to have fun rather than play like it's a job. So I'll look for some group willing to help out a loser and if I make it through the first round I will celebrate for the rest of the month.
    • Like x 4
  14. Bladejack Level 30

Couldn't agree more,great for those that enjoy it but nothing for me here. Was bored to death playing it when it was last out and double currency won't make me play it this weekend either.

To each there own..
    • Like x 2
  15. Bladejack Level 30

Really, ? just watch youtube... dual handed , bow flurry just be max Prec... rinse repeat.

Boring... sorry
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If that is true, then just play your true role
  17. Jadzea Dax Well-Known Player

Unfortunately this SM has exploits, and is exploited.

Hopefully season 2 will be better.
    • Like x 1
  18. RealTegan Dedicated Player

DPS *is* my true role. I'm truly awful at support.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Of course, this version is significantly different in numerous ways. But yeah, I can see not even giving it a try but also finding the time to post about its bonus weekend.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I feel like that's what we do, though? This conversation is happening because we have something doubled and folks are generally more interested in something else being doubled.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.