Bonus Data Chips Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

BONUS DATA CHIPS WEEKEND!

Data Chips are the new currency found in Survival Mode: Season 1. These can be used on both Survival Mode vendors to purchase beautiful new cosmetic styles, pets, and more. THIS is the weekend to survive, because Data Chips rewards will be doubled.

This weekend – from Thursday, June 20, 2019, through Sunday, June 23, 2019 – all players will receive DOUBLE Data Chips when completing rounds of Survival Mode: Season 1.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus weekend will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts, and will last through Sunday to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 6
  2. zappel Level 30

and where are the double nth metals?
    which are already long overdue
    • Like x 6
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

How about 3x Daemohedron WITH Added Rewards Weekend???
    Now that is Overdue..Amongst a live stream about the Next TC.
    • Like x 5
  4. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

this is cool, but been patiently waiting for a double xp nth weekend
    • Like x 4
  5. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

wow... incredible... why dont u just go bet on horses?
    • Like x 1
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Appreciate the bonus marks.

Would be to much to bonus all the marks the same weekend. I prefer to keep the bonus marks seperated.
  7. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

We would but currently they're all out of the office (race track) and causing quite a ruckus on the Old Town Road. You can ask Billy Ray to confirm this if you doubt me.
    • Like x 1
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I appreciate the bonus Data Chips, and I know these weekend events are just bonuses, but you know the majority of the playerbase save their Nth Metal (well, atleast forum users) and its taking up space and its well overdue. Hopefully next weekend will be better.
  9. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Thanks. Haven't played a single round and probably won't change that this weekend.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

It would be nice if also y'all added those Data Chips to Stabilizers mission and/or Vault so those who don't have the Cr or whatever reason they can't get through the stages? They won't get those sweet awards without doing the stages of course but at lest they'll be able to buy stuff off the vendors.

o_O
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Wait, what?

You think people should get free Survival Mode currency without having to do Survival Mode to earn them?

What possible justification would there be for this? If you want the rewards, just go earn them. If you can't, you can't. Life is suffering.

I mean, sure, it would be nice if every day we were just given a thousand of every currency, but "it would be nice" isn't a good reason to do things in a game that is about earning rewards.

Mind, I say this without having even tried the current survival mode yet, so I'm not speaking in self-interest. (I plan to try tomorrow.)

Why on or off earth do people keep thinking they deserve game stuff that needs to be earned to be given to them for free?

If we were talking about health care, or shelter, or any other basic human survival need, it would be entirely reasonable to help everyone in need, because people in actual need deserve help.

But this is a GAME and no one is going to go hungry or die for lack of "data chips" or Survival Mode pets.
    • Like x 3
  12. Elvenheart New Player

MsTickle Fate, I love your post! :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Lionism New Player

Majority of players can't even run SM ;/
    • Like x 2
  14. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I am not arguing for free marks per say. I will say this though perhaps because this is a game that people pay to play it shouldn’t be so hard to get rewards. Especially for something that is a one time limited 4 week event. Nor should such events be so time consuming that only a hand full of people can beat it. People have easily spent over 40 hours in SM. Most entire games can be beaten in under 40 hours. Nor should people be complaining to make it harder because they want to be the only one to get said rewards.

Honestly SM isn’t about challenge or fun as much as it is a willingness to spend countless grinding hours.
    • Like x 3
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So don't play it!

Problem solved.

But for the people interested, the entire point of Survival Mode is to be difficult. That is literally the only reason it exists.

The entire point of SM is to give something difficult to do for the players who have otherwise maxed out Elite and are bored. It's not for anyone else.

So saying it shouldn't be so hard makes no sense whatsoever. It exists to be difficult. That is the point of it.
    • Like x 1
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

One of my league mates pointed out something. Many SM items are double gated. You have to complete a certain round to unlock plus have marks. Some items only drop by beating certain round bosses. And then some items are marks only.

It does seem a little redundant - there’s rewards for just the skilled and rewards meant as replay bait. If replay use has cratered on SM, his suggestion was to just put the marks on marketplace like seasonal marks. Personally, I don’t care what they do; but if they’re not making the money they thought they would off this, then it is an option. And let’s face it - the development time spent on this was not insignificant. In fact, it’s probably the reason we didn’t get a mini-episode like Doomsday this year.

Will SM make more money than Doomsday did? Highly doubt it.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

A bit of a over reaction to a guy just sharing a thought on a game to jump into real world human needs Lol

I have played SM tho sadly haven't found a solid group to get very far and those I know that can play through the stages don't give two ***** about wasting their time on SM :(

When SM first started I got 10 free Data Chips from a Stabilizer mission and just thought it would be a good idea to keep that going. Tho for a limited time and its not free if you gotta run a mission, even if its a easy one like the Stabilizer one to get them. And again the kick *** rewards you got them in the mission but I don't think its that big of a deal for those to get Data Chips from running the Stabilizer mission, like you only for example maybe 1 or 2 so that'll mean it'll take you a good amount of time to get anything. So you'd only get stuff from the vendor but if you want that kick *** rewards you gotta run through the stages.
  18. AquiloFury Committed Player

Just to clarify, the 10 free chips you received did not come from the stabilizer mission, they came from a mission in your journal called "Survive This!" :) I tried SM once...I'm a bit ashamed to say...the group I was with was did not get past round 1 :(...I had fun trying though..I intend on going back and trying again once I get my sp up some more..I'm at 291 right now on my water healer.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Oh I got all the way to round 11 with a healer that was just at the minimum cr required to queue, you can go get just as far as them or beyond. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Oh lol I didn't notice until after I finished the Stabilizer run
    Yeah its hard to find a good group and my friends think its a waste of time, and yes they've don't it plus the original back in the day but sadly I wasn't around :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.