Bonus Catalyst Weekend - July 26-29, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Bonus Catalyst Weekend

Here we go! Are your Artifacts ready to breakthrough to the next rank? Are you still searching for the Catalysts to do so? This is the weekend for you.

Catalysts are always available for Marks of Victory from John Constantine in your HQ or in the Marketplace. But THIS weekend, ALL Catalysts are randomly dropping in Teen Titans: Judas Contract On Duty content. That's right - just play the latest content (event, normal, or elite versions), and you will receive a random Catalyst when you complete each instance. But that's not all...

Free Gift: Breakthrough Cache

Additionally, all players that log in during the bonus weekend will receive a Breakthrough Cache, containing 1 Seal of Preservation (which prevents you from losing your Catalysts if the breakthrough fails), and 2 Catalyst Caches, which when opened will allow you to choose any catalyst you want as a reward. One gift per account.

The Bonus Catalyst Weekend and free gift will begin this Thursday (July 26, 2018) with daily server restarts, and will last through Sunday (July 29, 2018), to daily server restarts on Monday morning.
    • Like x 14
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Incoming new artifact.

Also, does this include the augment catalysts?
    • Like x 2
  4. L T Devoted Player

Hey that *is* super great. No really.
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

AMAZING!!!!!
    Now How about a Bonus Nth Metal Weekend :)
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Artifact catalysts only.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

I thought they don't drop in content anymore? :\
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

9. Tygerfyre Committed Player

In other words, this weekend, they drop, but only on Titans Island.
  10. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I read it, It's just doesn't make much sense to remove it completely then put it back for a short time for a limited content.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I think it will be extra reward like seasonal items are. Which is additional loot that just drops into your inventory. The original system it was set as an extra loot table that had it's own loot lockout similar to the weekly/monthly boxes. It also apparently was broken and they didn't want to fix them. What they are doing now isn't so bad, saves on 10 marks per, so at least there is that. This isn't an amazing event, but it is definitely not a bad one.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Oh I didn't say it was bad don't get me wrong, I was just confuse on their decision here, but It's fine.
    It does, I just don't put too much effort to Artifacts. At least not on alts, anyway. But I'm trying to take advantage
    of any bonus event.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do believe I’m being challenged :D
  14. Draconiano Committed Player

1 more week without double artifact exp. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

Lol! He said “if your breakthrough fails”!! It should say “the seal can be used to save catalyst once your breakthrough fails”. Trying to breakthrough to rank 120, I had 5 failed breakthroughs in a row (that’s 5 seals used). I finally broke down and bought a seal of completion, which, I think was the point of the failed breakthrough chance in the first place.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..
    I agree with SkyyRin.

Why have it only available within the new content group missions? That means players would get 2 catalyst drops per day with an extra 2 for each weekly IF the weekly alert turns over in time. Huh.. 12 catalysts for the weekend if I don't use replay badges.

Also, there is no guarantee that I will get the catalysts I need to level up/breakthrough the artifacts I specifically have thanks to the RNG spirits. Since I don't see a reason to use replay badges for the new content, I think I will not rush to participate for this bonus weekend event.

In my opinion, the catalysts should drop as loot for all of the On-Duty Alerts; that way, players would queue in for the older content as well as the new and it would give a better chance for players to get the catalysts needed before they are solely put behind marks again.
  17. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Double XP weekend pleeaasseee
    • Like x 2
  18. SuperHarley Active Player

:( I HOPE you are wrong, I just can't anymore. I don't have money to buy enough artifact kits and there are new artifacts every month or so :( . I liked it in the start because artifacts were helping the game grow, now every content NEEDS artifacts, augments and all that, I am sad :( .
    • Like x 1
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Actually not on the Island; but on the TT On Duty Instances.
  20. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Somewhat related:

I may have missed this info somewhere, but why are catalyst the only thing in the game that can't be traded between platforms (PS/PC)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.