BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malachee Committed Player

Very safe to say that this is the BIGGEST understatement that I have read in quite some time. :cool:
    • Like x 4
  2. Senko Committed Player

It really hasn't with the drops I'm getting I won't be able to make the required mask/rings much less anything that actually doesn't drop especially given the prices of the plans. However let's put my personal experiences aside since I'm waiting till month 3 for a final decision and let's look at what we've been told. That is the RnD is a supplement to drops not a viable method of gearing up yourself. It may do what it's meant too still too early for me to judge but I can tell you it is still pay to win. Either you spend replays on BD for the drops or you spend it on all the content for the scraps. As I've said before as long as the devs are operating on the current system of limiting drops so you can gear up one role by playing all the content and providing replays so you can redo specific instances it'd be pay to win. Whether your paying for drops or scraps doesn't matter you can't keep up with LFG'S MAX CR needed for INSERT LATES INSTANCE HERE unless you pay to win. On top of which with the bad luck limiter they'll only be replaying whatever drops the highest gear for a slot to avoid getting a purple they have better on already. Which means any "relevant content" that doesn't drop that doesn't get played.
    • Like x 2
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

It is pay to win. It is a financial gamble that many make and some win and some lose. The funny thing is both lose as gear is replaced in three months.

Besides, how else are you going to get best gear prior to the next month content being released. RnD will not get you there as it is designed for 6 weeks, content comes out every 4-5 weeks. A gap is there that does not meet the community window of having a top CR or best gear.

So yes, it is pay to win.

Mepps stated, "Replays are optional, and using them is a choice we happily give to players."

We have other choices were we can invest our entertainment dollars into Mepps, and since you are not encouraging us to play more in this game I now have more free time and free entertainment time equals to new entertainment options with new cost. New cost means less chances of DCUO getting my money. Yeah, I have choices and so does everyone else here, including DBG.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

So what do you suggest? Clearly vendor gear cannot be best gear. Mepps clearly stated that in the R&D introduction thread. Since R&D is meant to supplement only 6 pieces in its lifespam. That is 4 pieces of gear and 2 rings by the end of the cycle.

You cant combat this. The layout is set in stone by the devs and DBG. Even with 91 likes DBG refuses to put vendor gear on par with dropped gear. They even decided not to make Elite gear higher than dropped gear.

I have already invested my time into other games such as COD, Fallout, FFXIV, etc. I still play DCUO but how it is meant to be played. By the 3rd month I will have enough scraps to get whatever pieces I need. I stopped playing on the test server because by the time the content actually releases I dont feel like running it. Particularly why I dont really care for UM or BD or even the new duo.

Replays, you are paying for a chance to win. You are not guaranteed to win. I have already paid DCUO so my threats are of course empty. However people leave this game everyday and people join this game. The people that join dont always spend money, about less than 10% do.

The reason I dont have a problem with the gear chase is because I am not chasing gear. I am letting the gear come to me. If that means only playing once a week. So be it.

Like you said, you have your entertainment choices. Nothing Mepps can say will convince you or make you realize that the devs stand strong behind the current gear setup and wont change it anytime soon due to risk of further chaos.
    • Like x 5
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

We certainly do have other choices. I have not logged in for almost two weeks. I'm pretty much done with this game as it is right now. Everything revolves around replays, no matter what Mepps says. It's obvious and I'm done.

Since Daybreak has nothing else I want to play, stuff that's eternally in beta therefore not part of All Access (I'm looking at you, H1Z1 and Landmark) or simply never going to release (halothar, EQNext) I believe that continuing to pay them for nothing is pretty stupid. I will continue to monitor the titles I'm interested in, including this one, to see what changes and when but it would take a complete change in direction to earn my fee for DCUO alone.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.