BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akaivy Dedicated Player

You are wrong. Post #1 under Expectations.
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No you are wrong. It says each episodes gear set. Not the entire cycles set. As in all pieces in the set not just the 4 pieces from the episode. And that's for one role.
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If it takes 10 weeks with that method to complete one set for the episode for one role, that's 30 weeks to attain all pieces in the cycles set just for one role. The gear set as in all pieces in the cycle is only relevant for 12 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  4. akaivy Dedicated Player

Well, the good thing about it is if you decide not to utilize this system you can still run the content and wait for drops. With the exception of rings and face, whicheck you can buy from the vendor. Happy gaming.
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Now I realize that first set of gear in the first episode itself is good for 12 weeks. I'm talking about the entire gear set for the cycle relevancy. So yes you might get all that first episodes gear before it becomes irrelevant 12 weeks later to me that just means your constantly playing catch up.
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

I'm figuring that it would be good and wait to see how it is... I'm cautiously optimistic that they will get the system up and running first and then adjust the numbers as needed to hopefully land players in their target CR range in a reasonable time-frame(Ideally somewhere in the 4-5 week range to gear up fully for a tier without replays on average, though I can understand them making it a tad longer though, since yeah a drop in replay sales would not please their bosses.)

Wait six weeks for one piece of gear? I thought that was the estimate was for the whole set... (That way if you don't buy replays you would on average be completing it about two weeks after it's not the best anymore... This is of course ignoring the possibility of some players buying replays to use on their friends and league-mates so they don't fall behind.)

So yeah, not gonna get mad at them about this... I see it as a step in the right direction, and figure there is still the chance that they will re-balance progression speed around people who don't buy replays if it's still not where it needs to be... (At the very least now we might see them turning up the heat on difficult content, and adjusting rates based on the data they colect from where people spend the most replays.(Historically I'd guess they would go and grind the easy content, and then once they get nice and geared up go for the hard content... That's how I remember it back when I was still just a newbie... Of course I remember when open world PvP phase almost always had something going on... Where I could get my "hero on" even as a villain and defend the weaker members of the villain faction or at least try to... In fact that was my main drive for wanting better PvP gear... So that I wouldn't get stomped so easily when out farming bits... Heck I had some fun times just messing with the weaker heroes just to practice sandbagging them to death(By sandbagging I mean get their attention and stand there holding block until they figured out why they were landing on their backs... Amusingly enough I did manage to score some kills by doing this.)
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Like I said it depends on the drop rate. If the drops are "improved" like we think and devs claim them to be, then this system will be efficient. However, a 40% increase on 17's drops makes me wonder what 17's drops were actually like considering players feedback. Most players go 5 bosses without a rare drop and then on that 6 or 7th drop get a rare piece.

Then you have the situation of duplicates or where certain pieces have a higher drop chance than others, take the hands in DCR and DCE. Assuming a player played every day, by the 3rd month week 2 they should be fully geared. That way they can enjoy 3 weeks before they have to go through the entire process again, and the next epidemic thread shows up on the forums

#......................
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think you're going to do very well with this approach. You're essentially not changing anything, but adding to it. You're adding to it in the right areas, too, so that people in my demographic who share similar beliefs to me, feel more welcomed. As well as people who generally don't mind RNG, but become disillusioned with consistently failing to gear up.

I like how you're not just turning on easy mode, either and giving away the gear. It's guaranteed gear, but only if you're willing to put the work in. Like you say, that's not appealing to everyone, but it's appealing to me and I'll be taking full advantage of the offer at hand.

As for being able to turn out more content before I'm bored of waiting for it? Definitely. Content, in my opinion, has never been the issue. The issue has always been the reward. The only reason to run anything is to get the reward for doing so. When you don't want to buy into the RNG system, your only option is the vendor gear and if you want to play DCUO as much as I do, that vendor gear takes no time at all to obtain.

With no reason to run anything and the only instance which can improve you being on a weekly lockout, it's very easy to become bored and disengaged. This whole system eliminates that but not at the expense of doing something you don't want to do/can't do (vendor based).

I'm very enthusiastic to see this develop. I really do hope that in the future, Elite gear is considered for the system. This would make it perfect.
    • Like x 2
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

We need to go there, so badly :(

Core Batman content with core Batman villains. Make it happen, SJ!

I'm exercising caution, too, because I've been been promised change before and it hasn't come. But I think the biggest difference this time is the elimination of RNG all together. There's nothing between you and the best gear that you want to make, except time, effort and commitment. That, to me, is a step in the right direction.
    • Like x 3
  10. HarryHell Well-Known Player

The statement u got here isn't really true, when u could buy stylepieces of best gear u still needed wep to drop, and even trinks rinhs neck face. Back then drops were much harder to get then now, if not in a league, u would OFTEN have a 1/8 CHANCE if that wep u actually wanted dropped.
    T4 started out very limited and required u 2 run 2 raids to be able to get all stylepieces that were top gear, thats 20 marks each week, and u needed aproximatly 400 marks for set, battle for earth lasted about 3 months maybe more, but still gaining 20 marks a week, would require 20 weeks (almost 5 months) to get the gear, and still u needed to get wep from pbg, that required u to finnish it, in a time where raids where much harder then they are now, when hands of fate came best gear became drops, really expensive drops.
    T5 started with best gear as drops, many still need nex n paradrops, n u didnt get better vendor gear vs nex/para until wotl pt 1 where the est gear was still drops, just with same cr as vendor.
    T6 (amazonian fury pt 1) is the only one i can think off that started with best gear on vendor since t4 started, but then u had 2 solos 2 duos 1 alert to run, thats actually 10 marks a day if u run all content, that allows u to get 900 marks in 90 days, so this is the only dlc that suits ur statement.
    Rest has always been drops, n droprates never been much higher then now, except during bugs. Meaning a guaranteed full set of best gear has not been in a dlc except from AF1.
    T1 has never been top gear and didnt come with dlc. T2 was top gear, u still needed lucky drops to complete set, best t2 gear is vendor (i think), but t2 didnt arrive with a dlc, just got expanded, and they added t2.5. T3 contained 3 raids on arrival where 2 of them could be very hard, best gear was on vendor, but trinks n wep were drops, u could obtain 30 marks a week (replays werent released yet), which is 360 marks in 12 weeks which would almost get u to full set, but t3 wasnt released with dlc.

In the best gear are drops scenarioes, the luckiest players managed to obtain full set within dlc relevancy, in the worst u were lucky if u had more then one piece.
    So luck has always been a factor, now just not so much anymore, and still u are whining?
  11. HarryHell Well-Known Player

that is if u only do that, do u really think someone refusing to do endgame content should gear up faster? Drops, bad luck counter are still in place, n on top of that rare drops been increased by 40%, its never been easier, if u decide to play the game that is.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The first month's set of gear is good for 12 weeks. The second set of gear is good for twelve weeks. The third set of gear is good for twelve weeks. With drops and R&D, we intend for you to get each month's set on average about 6-8 weeks after it becomes available. No, that doesn't include all of your alts or all of your roles or your exact play habits, and it's an average.

Your mileage may vary, but we know it matches what we've done in the past and feel it is completely reasonable and fair.
    • Like x 4
  13. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I believe that the old drop rate was 15%, which was then bumped up "slightly" in the last episode. So I am going to guess it went up to 20%. A 40% increase would put it at 28%. That's a pretty good drop rate, almost double of what it used to be in the past.

How do I know the old drop rate was 15%? We were told that the elite drop rate in Throne of the Dead was double the normal rate. I kept a running tally and it was 51 elite drops out of 168 boss kills. That's right around 30% with enough data to say that's a legit percentage.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

*hears sirens in the distance*

You've said too much. You better leave, now! They're coming for you! GO NOW. MOVE. I'LL HOLD THEM OFF.
    • Like x 3
  15. Dibrie Committed Player

I think i'm happy me think with the new RnD system, they readed those 12k pages through and through.

I feel we won a little bit, i can live with this new solution to get the whole player base on an equal playing field when it comes to best endgame gear.
    now i just gonna play all instead DC and new t7 duo and UM UME once a week.
    I'm gonna farm again !

Throws hands in the air !
    • Like x 1
  16. Senko Committed Player

We won a bit but I'm still concerned just a few minutes ago I got kicked from an UMn group for presumably having too low a CR. Person asking or people for it, I told him my CR, a number of other people joined 142 as opposed to 141 and I was kicked before even getting in the door and that's what's going to happen here so higher drops wont necessarily help if you can't get to run the content but that's a community issue rather than a dev one.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dibrie Committed Player

now we at :D it
    #nomorelootlocks, i would even pay a bigger subscription, like 20 buck or euro, then it's truly fwee to pway your way again.

Or is that to soon to much xD

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I'll take your word for it mepps. And I do appreciate the effort and the new system. I simply wish it could be the same as before with LAW, vendor gear IL 97 Raid gear IL 97,slightly better stats, no elite gear. Back at a time like this I spent more replays than I do now. But thank you for the response. Don't mean to sound ungrateful. I just don't like how this game appears to be run by replay badges rather than subscriptions as a main source of income more than ever. I could be wrong. But that's how it appears to me. Nonetheless, thank you.
    • Like x 2
  19. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

That fact that they can adjust drop rates at ease makes me skeptical about best gear from loot entirely. Who knows when they & if they Ninja adjust under are nose. Factoring in Luck counter an etc...

This R&D system better be damn good an expanded on. There's to much behind close doors to keep me confident with character progression. Cant take this game serious to be honest.
    • Like x 2
  20. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Take on your tinfoil hat, they're coming.
    Lol ofc loot is easily adjustable, but dont worry, they wont go in and adjust just you. Believe it or not, but the devs actually want you to play the game, if not they would be out of a job.
    If you dont see problems in having it to easy to get the best gear and such, you don't really wanna play the game, you just want everything handed to you.
    They wont make big ninja adjustments, and ninja adjustments have not exactly happened often (even maybe not at all) unless something created a bug. Hotfixes are pleanty though.
    I kid u not, if this game was an Eutopia of games, where everything was balanced, everyone got the gear, and everyone were jsut as good, NO ONE WOULD PLAY IT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.