BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Are you tired for running content over and over and not seeing gear. Are you tired of those around you being lucky but you are on your 24th boss and have yet to see an elite piece of gear. Are you one of those that spent $20 on Replays Badges only to get no gear from the content replayed. Are you tired of using your hard earned money and feeling bad for not receiving gear and being award for your expenditure. Are you tired of hearing that the loot system is working as intended, but 10 days into the new episode it gets adjusted? Are you tired of running the same content day in and day out trying to get that one last piece of gear? Are you just tired of the BEST GEAR is DROPPED GEAR loot system?

It is time for a change in DCUO on how to obtain best gear. Best gear should be bought or made not come from drops. Time to update the loot system where drop gear is the lower gear. We run content for marks and use our marks to buy best gear. Than, in elite content, we get material to improve the vendor gear into Elite gear.

Time for a change, time to make BEST GEAR IN VENDOR. Elite gear is made by material and vendor gear pieces.

Let's start the BEST GEAR IN VENDOR REVOLUTION!

If you answered yes to any of these questions and would like to support BEST GEAR IN VENDOR please like this post.
    • Like x 94
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

still wouldnt work know why?

say they did this ok, the materials would then take the place of the elite gear in your argument.
    • Like x 1
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Find a way for the devs to make money equal to replay badges then we'll talk. Until then RNG holds your loot by the sack.
    • Like x 5
  4. zorile New Player

dude I'm in with you on this one all the way. we need a change revolution time
    • Like x 4
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

that is the thing though....I can use RB on duos and get my marks to buy the gear....right now it is a horrible horrible system...

I know someone who did not use a single RB and got to 137. I would rather use more RB to run content to buy best gear. Especially if I'm at say 90 and I need 10 more marks. I would replay a raid to get the mark to buy the gear.
    • Like x 5
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

So you wanna be one of thse players who finish an entire set on day 1? Atleast the RNG makes this very trivial content last a bit longer
    • Like x 2
  7. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Would only work if we only had Raids in endgame content and no Replay Badges like we had in T3. T4 saw people in full vendor gear on Day 1.
    • Like x 2
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I've came up with several ways to force vendor gear is best progression is slowed down so that it takes 4 weeks each month to get every piece in the vendor while still giving incentive to replay instances to complete styles an other feats ...most people (the perpetual lucky or those who enjoy the gamble or don't mind wasting/spending their money on replays) don't seem to care ...

I'm at the point where I no longer care when I return I'm Simon for vendor gear and whatever once in drops is what whatever

Exos aren't a problem I don't need recovery kits since I have a route and don't mind farming it

I don't care about the drops anymore I won't be replaying much if at all when I come
    Back ..
    • Like x 2
  9. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I see your point. Your friend is obviously more lucky than the majority. And by that i mean those using Replays to gear faster. Since the unluckies outweigh the luckies, i don't think they would change.
    Using your method, the replay badge spending would plateau and that's bad news for any business. So if you add in the luck, this will guarantee that people are still buying them.
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If you read my other post on this it would be 100 MoV per a piece of gear. Yeah, day 1 if you run a bunch of content and that would require RB to achieve. No different than what we see today.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I don't even care anymore...best gear,meh.
    Either way you are stuck running the same few things all the time.
    • Like x 3
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

To that end they could add back to the game the OP items and make the relevant for all content. That one super rare piece of gear would get players to RB content. I know plenty of old time players that played the crap out of AnB for the two gold rings. Plenty who used RB for the neck and some for the face. Time to look back into the OP items. Especially if they become relevant again.

I know a few players that would RB prime to get the 80 head piece if it became relevant for current end game.
    • Like x 2
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If you come back....

I know plenty of players like yourself that left due to best gear in raids. Many more left with GU47. And I hear talks of many more ready to walk.

I know DCUO will not die as some make it. But the issues I see and hear about has been from the GEAR and that most players are now focused on only the latest and greatest content. I'm guilty as charged, though I do try to get a BS run in for a possible 120 piece for my off roles that might need that. I can run DC and be done on 4 toons in a bit over an hour...good way to keep me playing. Lately I have been playing ESO because there is nothing else for me to run in DCUO other than DC due to it containing the best gear.

Now if best gear was vendor gear, I would be grinding to get marks to buy that gear. But why should I try that route if I can get best gear in an alert or a raid, especially if I'm lucky. If I am unlucky, I can try again tomorrow.
    • Like x 3
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

There are other ways to generate revenue in a MMO. For instance the Bombshell hair styles is a good add to the MP. I know a few of the ladies in my league bought it. So, there. Add more items that players WANT to the MP and we can start removing RB from the system or update them so they can be used on other things besides content. Such as unlocking styles that we have completed feats on with other toons, etc... I mean how many times has that been asked?

I'm all for NEW MP items. With the next eposide, are we going to get a new MP item that ties it in. I mean the OG Flash Helmet would have been a great MP item, do not give that away for free. All the styles we use to get as investigation and briefings, put those in the MP for us to buy. Over time you will have quite a list of MP items.
    • Like x 3
  15. zorile New Player

and they tier lock us and instance lock us wtf is up with that make vendor gear the best craft vendor gear into elite plain and simple
    • Like x 1
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

There's two things I'd like to say in response.

1. If actually knowing each Replay is worth spending, more people would be inclined to spend them.

2. If you don't believe the above (which may not be true), then think of all the people we are losing cause the game has lost any point of playing more than 20min a day (soon to be 40min once a week). There's more Replays being lost by the lack of customers logging in.

This wasn't directed at you Spicy, I'm just tossing this out there ;)
    • Like x 5
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

But the best gear on vendor would be the Elite gear?
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

Weird how for the 1st half of the game the best gear was vendor gear and we had a real amount of players. Now population is?
    Simply adding armories to the old style woulda been sick. I get the gamble system and kinda feel some joy but, BUT its not worth the years of negativity
    • Like x 3
  19. Backseid Devoted Player

"Stupid for linking best gear with progression"?

?
    ?
    ?

_________!

I'll let others fill in the blank. I just can't.
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

No...vendor gear would be required to make elite gear.

Elite gear would require various components found in LOWER CONTENT and we are told what content to find the pieces.

So for instance, you need the components for the chest. Well one of the RARE components drop in Area 51 T1 alert...huh...OK run that...

And you only find out what component you need next after you get the first one...so you got that now you got to run Outer Cavern to get the next one...each elite piece requires you to run 8 older content. But to get the plan you have to run elite...

See, that would make older content relevant and get RB for players seeking plans.

Huh..yeah I just came up with that...but all of these idea get players to run older content. Imagine you get that plan and so does your best friend for the chest. Together you guys go run a bunch of content to get the components needed.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.