BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Not trying to twist anything. I really wish people would stop saying that when they get proven wrong.

This raid, nerf or not, continues to drop the best gear. Fact. No twisting or manipulation. Likewise, until Episode 18 comes out, Desecrated Cathedral Elite drops the best Chest, Legs, Back and Waist, too, yet that has never been anything remotely close to challenging.

The instances aren't hard and don't deserve to drop the best gear.

The most likely reason people don't want gear in the vendor is because they'd actually have to put effort in to get it. Not Curbstomp the apparent hardest boss in the game in less than 3 minutes in an instance taking no longer than 30 minutes.
    • Like x 6
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You make excellent point about players running more content for marks for BEST GEAR IN VENDOR. When I look back to what we had a little over a year ago when WotL II dropped players were running AF I and HoP I content to get mark of fury to buy the vendor gear as Vendor and drop gear provided the same CR. It was easy to get into TD back than. Took under 5 minutes. Players ran content for marks when marks allowed you to buy vendor gear that mattered.

Right now vendor does not matter like it did a year ago. And this is why we need a change because content is losing relevancy, players are annoyed and frustrated, and content is getting boring because only one or two instances are being run. A change is needed and that change is BEST GEAR IN VENDOR.

I want the gear I use my MoV on to matter again.
    • Like x 4
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

Questions for you. What if that player you describe above goes into the hard content beats 21 bosses, successfully completes the content, and does not get any best gear drops? Is that a good system that rewards these players for playing hard content? At the end of the day the RNG is determining who moves on and who does not. You can go and beat as much hard content as you like, if you are not chosen by the RNG, you are still the same CR as the people running the easy content. That is really what this thread is about.
    • Like x 4
  4. Unida Dedicated Player

as i said in another thread.....

1. all instances able to be scaled to any tier
    2. you get marks for current your tier band only
    3. you get less marks per instances as there is instantly TONS more things to run (T7 Kahndaq, T7 Outer, T7 FOS)
    4. best gear is in vendor
    5. elite drop is a rare drop, has set bonus but SAME item level as vendor.
    6. elite drop is amplified by effects + SP (maybe another line under the tree inates for elite boosts) makin SP actually mean something

why the above?

1. more relevant content
    2. less marks per = more need to run 'other' things than the 2-3 things that are currently 'worth it'
    3. elite gear + SP relevance
    4. wouldnt it just be nice to see someone in LFG shouting - "need DPS 137+ for FOS Power Core T7 level"
    5. MMO is about content n grind, not replaying to play content

#BestGearVendorGear
    #FreeTheContent
    • Like x 5
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

I agree wemall should have an opinion heard. I appreciate yours but a ton of valid points have been made how anything other then vendor gear is best gear or same cr and affinities in vendor and drops having a style and stat boost had had negative impacts on the customer and or game. To counter it with oh well I like it I deed ur opinion but u kinda need to justify how it helps or betters anything

Drops as best gear in game has enraged a huge % of players since the oc dlc and drove away 2 many. See a reason its bad and population supports statement atop of 80 thousand threads

Drops as best gear has given us required cr and as a result kiddie mode content where 5 dps run wild. This has created alot of under developed players and completely destroyed the integrity of dcuo. Difficulties been reduced a ton and roles has been reduce to all but absent vs days when 2 support per support roles were required to even stand a chance

Best gear earned by beating the best or hardest (hard lol yea ok) content. When u look at % 70 of us are console and a large % of console either cheat through glitching or benefit from glitching ur arguments validity is ZERO.

A game that sold itsef to us as fully geared support roles and dps has now beco e spend, spend and spend some more to stand a chance of completing one set. IF so dont blink the cycle resets and back to hoping

I could continue a wahile but since all u got is I like it better and well there is no defense to about anything I stated id say defend ur case
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

I am glad to see the thread still going along with several new people in the discussion. Keep the feedback coming
    • Like x 1
  7. Chocolate Enforcer Committed Player

You are twisting things because you are showing an instance that was nerfed and saying its easy ; yet most of the community complained about it before..Obviously it was hard for most people.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

That is correct, it was hard. However the point still remains about the elite alert being difficult is false. Even before it's nerf it was easily done with 1-1-1-1 group, and a slight challenge with 2 dps.

However someone else made a valid point about RNG being so skewed that even if you beat the hardest content you aren't rewarded.

I understand your side of the argument, my question is how do you combat the current system problem that is causing the game to lose so many players?
    • Like x 6
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

Dont forget the countless numbers who dont use the forums and have already been driven away. Staggering numbers
    • Like x 1
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Our devs when dedicated to quality experience and not seling replays has made a great %of marks dropped vs needed. I for one dont want to evaluate how many marks between synthetics, gear, soda makers (takes a mark) buff sodas, affinities per two roles and any other thing I am overlooking scales against how many we receive.

Sorry this is for those who get paid to design. As long as we can grind out our roles well I could care less personally. Make the game enjoyable u can sink hours into. Not run a few instances.
    • Like x 1
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

Flip side of if 88 gear was in vendors. How many more groupsmwhomhad a boss down to a sliver of health b4 wiping would of gotten that win? 88 vs 85 gear was huge stat wise. For us tank it was kyte and run vs tanking as normal and being unlucky relly screwed us. Vendor gear well no problem.

We have no duels in instances so my next statement is verified. 2 DPS COULD BURN DOWN BOSSES OF NEXUS B4 THE ENRAGE TIMER. NO POWER NO DROP GEAR SIMPLY 1,000 PRECISION AND SOME TALENT AND DONE. Cr 94/95 was the cr of our group to beat nexus. Not the 1st but damn if we were not in the 1st wave to do so. So yeah it could afford to of been buffed and had it not natural progression could of went down not the debacle we had
  12. xD25x Dedicated Player

Doesnt happen. Bad luck counter is less than 8 bosses. Just gotta understand how to work the system. Run um and dont get a rare drop then run bomb and get a rare drop then your counter resets. Simple. No one goes 21 bosses without a drop. Someone tried saying this before and a dev proved them wrong by actually checking their drop history.
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

This thread is whats wrong with society right now. Perfect example is that commercial with the dad whos son won the championship bit the trophy says "participant" and he rips it off and writes "champs". If your not beating the content you shouldnt be rewarded with gear. The vendor gear is 3 item levels lower amd content is easily cleared with vendor gear the way it is. If your not beating current content with the vendor gear now then i feel bad for you.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

So your saying because cathedral isnt hard it should drop gear with an item level lower than the player who may only run fatal and ngn?
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

OK, now that one I did like then unlike just so I could like again.
    • Like x 1
  16. xD25x Dedicated Player

I really think alot of you dont understand the rare drop counter system. Everything after af2 counts with the rare drop counter. I think this also includes the duos and alerts. I could be wrong about that but if you just got thru ngn and last boss dropped a 110 piece then your most likely not going to get a rare drop from um.
    • Like x 1
  17. xD25x Dedicated Player

Everything is completable with the current vendor gear system. If its not for some players they may want to go back to minecraft.
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Alright, let's say that you're right about 8 drops being 100% guaranteed. To get 4 pieces, assuming an equally distributed system, a player would need to get 1 + 4/3 + 4/2 + 4/1 = 8.33333 rare pieces. Let's round that up to 9. Now 9 x 8 = 72. So you're telling me it's okay for the average person to take 72 bosses to get gear? 24 runs of a raid requires 6 months or 1 year of elite.

Let's take that further. The least lucky person will require ~37 rare drops (99.99% chance of getting all 4 pieces). Even for 99.9%, it's 30 rare drops, but I digress. That's 8 x 37 or 8 x 30, so 296 or 240 bosses for a guarantee at 4 pieces. 80 raids would require 20 months, 94 raids would require 22 months. So a very unlucky player can expect to see all pieces within a little under two years without replay badges.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ichiro Loyal Player

It already has happened.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/the-elephant-in-the-room.261639/

Devs did not prove this was wrong.

The question is still the same even if you remove the number of tries. What if the player goes into hard content beats it and does not receive a rare gear drop? Is that a good reward system for beating hard content? RNG is still determining who gets gear.
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Im not even gonna read that but i get the point tour trying to make. Like i said before the best gear isnt necessary to beat content. I know some 4 year players still waiting on a oolong piece or a kryptonian piece to drop. Just how it is and its always been
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.