BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Very possible...didn't without discussing salaries or anything of the sort, with is not permitted...didn't spittle or memos just get a promotion? Promotion implies raise...just saying
    On another note, I'll probably buy the cowl..,
    I buy boosters...usually only two at per booster season...this year I did four..,
    The boosters are the way I support the game..I viewed them as fund raisers from the get go...I don't care for repair bots radar enhancers...I use the total recovery kits...but those are another sham...don't get me started on that one again, lol, read my thread 'total recovery kits ruined DCUO'... I don't use auras or wear...I've literally give away more than half the auras...replays I use for sp on alts...
    I would rather the monthly sub be $20 and ditch replays...
    • Like x 2
  2. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Premiums could essentially save this game imo..save it population failure...but $2000 cash cap is a complete joke...an insult at best....
    • Like x 4
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Still alive
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wow 50 pages and now we are starting to see duplicate versions of this thread sprouting or multiple forum posters, not just the base 10 people using the #BestGearVendorGear. Still encouraging players in the game to come to the forums not only for the test server but to see what people are talking about here.
    • Like x 1
  5. BlazeChamp Committed Player

I think they should make this a thing for at least one 3 month cycle just to see how it goes(replaying).

Also, I know this isn't the right thread for this but, what happened to them removing the scoreboard for a short time?
    • Like x 1
  6. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I wish they would just stop saying we have 12 pieces of relevant content. To progress we have 2 pieces at a time. And those are put behind PAYWALLS known as LOCKOUTS. The other 10 pieces of content might as well just give prestige. Instead of marks for all their usefulness.

I can earn enough marks just doing the new gen solo and vault daily to pay for my belt slots and base computers.

# Best gear in vendor.
    • Like x 6
  7. Ichiro Loyal Player

Darn thread was on page 2
    Devs have stated that best gear is drops and not vendor because they want us to chase the gear and play more and not driven by replay badge sales. i.e once we have best gear the theory is that we stop playing until new gear is released and they are trying to keep us playing the entire month. I don’t believe this is the reason as they are like a gym membership. Once you pay you fess they could careless how much you use it as long as you pay your fees next month. But if this is the case then here is my long post on what kept me playing other games shoehorned into the systems of this game. This is how I would have liked the progression system to be in this game.

Universal Gear
    Skill points and feats remain as they are.

Give us universal gear With Base Stats for all roles and CR is not based upon the gear. i.e one set of gear fulfills all 4 roles in stats. Weapons can be bought from the vendor. One gear to rule them all. The last suit you will ever wear.

CR changes
    “X” number of completed missions in the relevancy window earns a credit toward a CR point. CR points increase CR. CR is capped at end game to the max potential until next update is released. Harder content awards more points. Raids earn more than solo. Elite content earns more than regular content. More current content awards more points than past content. i.e. UM earns more than NGN. NGN earns more than FE.

i.e. Complete UM 4 times and CR increase by 1.5 each time until Cr reaches 143 max available during EP 17 if you started at CR 137. Or run any combination of the 12 relevant pieces of content for “X” number of times, CR increase proportionately to the amount of CR points earned, and get to Cr 143.

Cr increases base stats to the minimum to run content at that level and continues to increase with each CR increase
    Example Cr 53 is tier 3. At tier 3 - 1000 dominance is required for tier 3 content. When a player reaches Cr 53 they have 1000 dominance minimum.

CR also has a maximum stat at 25% of the minimum. i.e at Cr53 the maximum dominance you can have is 1250. This can be stacked with skill point increases.

How to increase stats
    X number of bosses defeated earns XP towards stat increase. Bosses defeated can be from any game content T1- Tx. When you get a stat increase you can increase any stat visible in the stat window tab. Stat points can be reallocated at any time. Harder content awards more points. Raids earn more than solo. Elite content earns more than regular content. More current content awards more than past content. Relevant content awards more than non-relevant content. Completing content awards more than partial completion of content. Stat points stack with skill points. Maximum allowable stats increase with CR. So if you reach maximum might for CR 137 at Cr 138 you have more stat points you can put into might.

i.e if might at Cr 137 is minimum 10,000, then maximum potential for CR 137 is 12,500 might. If you have 1,000 stat points put in might then your might is 11,000. If you are at the maximum 12,500 might for your CR and you have 500 might in skill points your might is 13,000.

Everything else
    Elite point. Completing elite content powers the elite generator affinity mods for 30 days. Only completing the highest elite content available at the time counts toward the elite generator. Past elite content does not count. 3 months of elite point can be stored in the generator at any time.

Marks are used to buy styles from vendors and styles drop in content. Styles that drop can be salvaged for material, sold, or traded. Vendors also sell plans and base items for marks.

Drops can be anything from what we already have to maybe gear upgrades that give you another mod slot. Imagination is unlimited here.

Or just put best gear in vendor the easiest solution
    • Like x 3
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

More food for thought:

Several people have chimed in, in this thread alone, stating that the best gear should drop in the hardest instances.

Despite the illogic present in that statement alone (why do you need the best gear if you're already strong enough to beat the hardest instances?) people seem to like to ignore the fact that every episode sees a rise in CR with 3rd place Vendor gear alone. What this means is that when the Elite raid launches in the 1st episode of a cycle, by the time we've geared up with gear from the 2nd and 3rd cycle, that raid will be a complete joke in terms of difficulty.

Look at Happiness Home and how much the difficulty plummeted with Episode 15's gear. Look at how easy Bombshells Paradox was with Episode 16 gear and how much easier it is with 16 and 17 gear. This is what's going to happen in every episode. Is it really fair that an instance which will be ridiculously easy thanks to CR scaling is rewarding the best gear? Nope. I thought, after all, that the reason we were doing the whole Elite gear thing was to reward those who wanted a tougher challenge? Seems to me like it's more those who are willing to spend money, to me.

The Alert and Elite Alert have always been a joke, so they don't even get a mention here.

Bottom line, the current system is a joke, and this whole thing that the best gear should drop in the "hardest" content is just a fallacy created by elitists who can't stomach the thought that others would be considered on par with them.
    • Like x 6
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

I know a few whom one day started a company. 3 basics. Endlesss hard work whicn devs gets an A plus plus. Lets be honest under manned they uppedmcontent and brought us a long long way
    2. Quality content.... in all manners EXCEPT DIFFICULTY devs did great work here 2. Problem is its way to easy allowing 5 dps and killing the essance of dcuo days of glory and then rewards destroy alll the hard work as every boss is a negative situation.
    3 bend over back wards to accommodate and pleasemthe customer presenting the best possible experience. Reference number 2 and after t4 operations WHERE THEY GOOFED. 8 people on ps3 (% 70) of the population stood leggit chances of freezing. No big deal they went for it and came up short. SIMPLY A PLUS THE NEXT DLC AND MAKE IT UP TO US. Nope the oc replay nightmare began and stays today. Alot of pluses but a major no go so gotta start turning things around

Low selling items like base skins seem to be unpopular. Cut the price to $5 I mean who cares the cost is gone for them and now its only profits. They dont sell make em cheaper to appeal to more people. I want 2 or 3 but $30 for 3 skins of a base I barely use? I cant even list when I was at my second base but id like skins for it.

The solutions are here and we got the team so at the end of the day this system hurt more then helped.

I know I have not spent real money since oc except sub fees. Now I am downgrading to premium as fluff contemt does not require repairs as its easy the first run let alone a week lateer. My case is a loss annually of a minamum of $70 and I use to buy psns as often as some bought coffe while out andd about. So the loss is greater and mutiplyed by countless more
    • Like x 1
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Hell no. Sorry put the hal jordan episiode 16 black tendrail aura in the market place and make money for as long as the game is played not over a few weeks. Super stupid idea boosters.

I defend that because the smoke aura still high in demand. Would sell to many toons and , marketable to brand new fire toons as the 1st purchase. $5 sudeenly makes em premium and doors open to staying. A for suremeternal profit maker flushed down the toilet for a 2 week profit gain vs 2 year s of loss sales. Boosters be gone k thanks
    • Like x 2
  11. Hemmy Committed Player

play this music as you read this

Did you know, everyday a new player becomes tired of paying for content like gear, then being denied access to it because of RNG. These player's toons are left alone in the character select screen for weeks, sometimes longer. They have no one to love them anymore, they don't run the latest raids with their league mates, but most importantly...
    THEY AREN'T GONNA GIVE THE DEVS MONEY ANYMORE IS THIS KEEPS GOING!

#BESTGEARINVENDOR
    • Like x 4
  12. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Lol this has to have the most pages without a peep out of a dev.

Think we're tired of being screwed by rng.

##best gear in vendor.
    • Like x 4
  13. Dibrie Committed Player

Oh they do peep, it's not the dev's but CEO's form C.Nova they want their money back quick and easy as possible.
    Or even tho i'm running a ps3, the game will open up to all those awesome idea's i really hope.

Dev's work with a budget that would on get bigger if the crossover multimedia marketing pay's off seeing Flash Arrow SuperGirl.
    DC's License need to be payed to.

But instead treading the player base like it's 1999 we need transparency, a 15 min podcast week off the status of the game and the proceeds on all fronts if the game would give them more credits, understanding,and not a dev only or a hardcore fanboy of a inner circle test buddy.( no pun intended)
    I want to see A CEO that's responsible like all big companies does know a day's.

They need to realize they bought a 2015 product and customers now a day's chooses the integrity of product equal to reason why should or not should buy or read play that product

We all guessing what future would be with all different idea yet we get the silent treatment when it comes to problems like.

1 the power creep I bet 80% don't even realize
    2 how do we keep old content relevant for all playerbase
    3 power balance in its work progress and affect pvp
    4 The RGN loot cash grab
    5 imbalanced legends
    6 how the CEO's feels about monthly content vs 3 monthly cycle
    7 Cr scaling ? what's that say? 80% of the game

And these items can just be fitted in a 17/20 minutes podcast a week by a CEO and Dev, they don't even need to answer questions
    But at least we get the feeling this game is getting forward, to anno 2015 when it comes to reaching out your player base and keep in touch with them, and not a outdated twitter, and a few twitters by 3 devs once a week ooh so excited.

And with in those 17/20 min podcast a week throw some items like new comics and series, and you have second audience/ new players.
    Man for real this my first mmo, but i think i rather go back grinding the streets at least that pay's off and i Choose my luck.

The mises won't let me reply her badge either so im screw by my favorite game and wife :D
    All Joke a side

On the end of the day we get the silent treatment which we not deserve and at that's how i feel, please DBG beam yourself to 2015, when it comes to the people who love and pay play your product.

Greets Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have a few issues I would like to talk about.

First are gone the days of feeling rewarded for EARNING gear and seeing how a single piece can improve your toon with it stats boost.

Who remembers the days of looking at T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 sets of vendor gear to see what CR you need to buy that gear set? Who remembers trying to figure out what piece of gear will raise you up 1 or 2 CR to get you closer to the required CR to get that vendor gear set. We also had tighther requirements around which gear set we can buy to ensure we did not skip content.

I liked the fact that it cost quite a bit of marks to get the set. It was not free or easy to get the sets, but once you got that stronger piece of gear, you notice how much it improved your toon. Today with Vendor gear only have slightly better stats than the trash gear, the only reason we now go after vendor gear is for a bump in our CR if we are unlucky.

Uh...when I played the lower tiers luck was not an issue, I knew vendor gear was better than dropped gear. I knew I had to grind to get marks and buy that next set of gear. It was not easy but it was rewarding. Move now to where we are with best gear as dropped gear and I can tell you right now, getting a piece of rare gear in content does not feel rewarding. The reason is I can go into an instance and get a rare piece on the first boss and he could be the easiest boss in the instance.

The next issue is elite gear is not so elite when players are completing content but are only doing 2 of the 3 bosses and getting elite gear but have truly not shown the skill to complete the content. The community is running UM Elite but only the first two bosses. By having best gear as dropped gear a player can replay elite first 2 bosses and get the full set of elite gear instead of actually showing the required skill to beat the content to get the reward to buy or make the elite or BEST gear the game has to offer.

Now if elite content required the following we would see very few players with elite 126 gear.
    • Get elite mission at a specific location - for instance for UM or DC elites the individual would be in Gotham Wastelands.
    • Once you have the mission and after you have complete the regular version you are now able to que up to the elite content
    • Once all three bosses have been defeated you go back to the individual and collect your Elite Mark
    • Elite Mark, Marks of Victory, Complex and Simple material, and the vendor gear piece that you want to upgrade to elite are upgraded at the R&D workstation
    This method removes randomness from the equation and the only way to ensure you get that elite piece is to beat the content. This way, you are truly elite and not spamming 2 bosses and getting BEST GEAR.
    The next issue I want to discuss is that Mepps commented on how we right now are getting to many marks. He comments stated over 200 a week.
    For the BEST GEAR IN VENDOR solution this problem can be resolved by adjusting marks for new content adjust the pricing of vendor gear. Maybe with best gear in vendor developers could increase the number of marks we can carry and triple the price of the gear or double it. Making us work more for our gear. In addition, if the idea for elite is implemented along with a higher pricing on gear the game may actually see an increase in RB usage as players will be able to pick what they are getting for gear and will feel rewarded.
    The final item I want to discuss is the thought that episode 18 will fix the problems we are experiencing with Episode 15-17.
    I believe that the CR issues maybe resolved; however, the issues that will continue to exist is a lack of players running more relevant content as best gear will once again be limited to a specific instance. This means a focus on one instance and once players get their gear from that instance they are less likely to go back and rerun it, which will once again result in the Alert in Episode 19 becoming the instance that everyone will run and content in Episode 18 will not be played as much and by the time episode 20 hits we will have 2 instance like we do now and the more we get closer to episode 21 the alert from episode 19 will become irrelevant for a majority of the player base.
    The other issue tied to the episodes is the promise by DBG that drop rate will not be an issue. I remember a post by Mepps when Bomb, DC, and UM all launched and he comments were the drop rates are working as intended. By day 14 the drop rates were improved. These past three instances and how you treated the drop rates has cause a trust issue by the community, meaning we do not trust what the developers are saying about the drop rate for episode 18 and the reason DBG has lost the trust of some of its customers is the way in which this was handled and communicated all looks like a shady ploy to encourage players to use more replays.
    Now the two issues above would not be an issue as drops we get would be more inline with T1-T4 content. The gear we get in instance would supplement our toon and would help us pick the piece of gear. For instance, if I ran the raid in Episode 18 and got the chest than I could save my marks and buy the legs until I finish off the rest of my vendor gear as my chest plate would be 2 CR lower than the vendor gear, well at least that is what I'm hoping.
    I know where I work our customers and their comments on how to improve our business is the key to our future. We take in their comments and review them and than find ways to make our product offering match our customer needs and requirements.
    As a customer of DBG I am providing you what I would like to see. BEST GEAR IN VENDOR. I have presented methods on how to improve the game for elite gear and marks so that we cannot go out day one and buy all vendor pieces unless we replay content. I provided thoughts on possible increase in replays due to players KNOWING how to get best gear and what they need to do to get it, run content.
    One item I did not mention yet that I believe is worth mentioning. The BEST GEAR IN VENDOR would encourage players to get a full set of vendor gear prior to moving into the next vendor gear as the next set would require the CR of the prior set. This would reduce players from speed leveling in this game. Meaning if you did not get a full set of vendor gear, oh well. Go back and complete it before you can buy the next set. NO MORE GEAR / CR SKIPPING LIKE WE SEE TODAY.
    • Like x 3
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Can I like this post twice?
    • Like x 3
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

# best gear in vendor.
    • Like x 4
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

I'm actually stuck on Marvel Heroes atm. I never thought I'd even look at it to be honest.

Maybe it's the loot starvation this game has. We play and play and play for a crap chance at ONE piece of gear at a time. Once a full day. Just one!

In MH, loot is literally exploding all over the place at all times. Much of it is even *gasp* useful!!!

That said, MH is not comparable to DCUO in any other way game wise. Two very different games.

But yeah, I've certainly put around $200 into it in the last 72 days. Lol. All vanity items too. I did buy toons, but there is a way to earn/unlock them in game.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Well we're all allowed our opinions. In my opinion not only should Raid gear and Elite alert gear be better than those found on vendor. I feel the difference between Raid/Alert and Vendor gear should be greater. If you do the hardest content with or without resets then you should be wearing conspicuously better gear.

The word "fair" should be taken out of the dictionary. If everything was "fair" all games and competitions would end in a tie. Lifes not fair, its never going to be.

So your saying you put in as much effort and time into this that they did so you should be rewarded just as much? All I can do when I read that is shake my head. I dont have the best gear in the game, but I dont want it just handed to me. I'd rather earn it.
  19. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

The very fact that this is the 8th or 9th Top replied Thread is the GD section. Also, the only one in the Top 10 that has NO Dev response tells you somthing. This is a Major problem no matter who tries to sugarcoat it.

Best Gear needs to be in vendor. Or there should be more then one stage a month that Drops the best gear to grind from if they'll never put it in vendor.

Something needs to change. Plenty of examples in this thread of why this is wrong. ATM, we're just putting icing on the cake.

Edit: We've reached 1,000 Responses.
    • Like x 8
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

You could unlike it then like it again if you want :) :p

You're not doing the hardest instances, though. The Flash Duo is harder than Desecrated Cathedral. Desecrated Cathedral still rewards the best in slot Chest, Legs, Back and Waist, too. This happens all the time, too. Like when Episode 18 comes out, Episode 17's raid will be considerably easier. Yet it still drops the best gear.

So it's a complete fallacy that it's harder and therefore you deserve a better reward for completing it. You don't deserve a better reward. The reward should be beating the instance, an exclusive style that only drops in that content and perhaps some other things which could be negotiated such as plans exclusivity and such.

As for not wanting it handed to you and then insinuating that I want the gear handed to me because I don't want it distributed by luck? idiotic. Running 1, easy, 30 minute instance for 3 chances at the best gear compared to grinding out a minimum of 140 Marks to get the 3 cheapest pieces of gear? Which one is lazier and more of a hand out?
    • Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.