BEST GEAR IN VENDOR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thats how I know your lying as you cant be 141 with all vendor gear. You have to have at least some dropped gear. Full vendor gear with no dropped gear is 139. Nice try though. I have seen 142 dps do squat for damage, and thats because they have been carried through raids as the 4th or 5th slot.
    • Like x 6
  2. Veritech Loyal Player

Do a trial for one 3mth cycle where vendor is best, and see how the community reacts to it.
    It's the only way to be sure.

I double dare you ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. BlazeChamp Committed Player

[IMG]
  4. xD25x Dedicated Player

My alt is 141. Full elite gear from dc and some 124 vendor gear. Never stepped foot in um
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Exactly that is not full vendor gear like I said. I am 141 right now with some elite gear and vendor gear. Will I get to 142, highly doubt it even with the drop increase for UM. Bad players are going to exist in this game regardless of what happens with the loot drops.

Often many times people switch to support role once they reach end game because they cant get into instances as a dps or it takes too long to get into instances as a dps. So in a sense they are learning, but its players that assume that they have been tanking/trolling/healing ever since they turned lvl 30, so they assume they are bad players because they have vendor gear.

There is a reason why most people do not tank.
    • Like x 2
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

This is foolish as the game was built of vendor gear. Until the day comes and it wont that glitching was not responsible for many players beating content I say this is horse puckey. Fos 2 was advoided and prime was not beaten by plenty as they just ran gates.

So yes in theory I lime it but applied 2 dcuo well swiss cheese. Our end game well I did not mention the insanely easy content where the most basic machamics cant be followed. Bomb was beaten 1st week by 4 players yet groups of 140 cant win. Wth? The boss ticks 1s stop attacking for a few seconds. Simple but not here. Dcuo find a safe spot and pray the boss dies b4 your targeted. Sad people even in a game need 2 feel special and fyi if we restored difficulty 2 day pasyt id still say nope. So u know I alway am in end game and have some of the fastest wins in the hardest content
    • Like x 1
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

This could be low skillpoints in tanks and healers. Bad healers. Bad tanks. Heck as easy as content is now a days if u dont run SM u might just be not up to par UM wise. I toppled the hardest of hard yet I struggled my 1 run in as I was use to bullying. It took a few smacks and drops to get acclamated and shake the rust. Surely though I am not at the level I was because there is little 2 test us.

Hh elite posativly embarassing. 1st run a few wipes and win. Dc elite makes hh look imposible. We are in a time where seasonals are scaled slightly under our cr 34 and it wrecks people.

Oh all this is due to required cr whkch is because of the best gear drops not earned
  8. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

I would be more than positive that you will see much less complaint threads on the loot system than you do now. The only people complaining then would likely be those with a compulsive gambling problem.
    • Like x 2
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't recall seeing a single complaint thread about the loot situation when DLC10 was out. The only complaints I saw were regarding:

- High health pools.
    - Not enough Focusing Element 6's.
    - Too many enchanted beast horns.
    - No raids.
    - Content was too easy.
    - Not enough to do.

Not a single complaint about loot or the fact that the alert only dropped CR91 gear instead of the CR92 gear in the vendor. People even rejoiced and loved the bonus mark. Something which backfired tremendously in DLC11 when people perceived the bonus mark as the reason why they weren't getting equal-to-vendor-but-better-stats raid gear and demanded it's removal.
    • Like x 3
  10. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

I really do not remember the complaints on the loot system being as bad and often as they have been after the random best gear content drops. Seems to be getting worse now, especially when this loot system has been implemented into a monthly content cycle. It's just not working out for the PLAYERS. Only the short term RB sales. As those dwindle down throughout the month, hot fixes are done to scale them back up. Players calm down until the next content is dropped and once again, problems with the loot system arise again. This cycle can only repeat for so long until players (yes, even those that continue to buy RB despite their displeasure) become completely frustrated with this system. Again, we have a system in place that is unrewarding approximately 85% of the time. How does that encourage people to want to play the game? When we had to grind and play content for marks, you knew that by completing the content you would come out with something worth your time and effort which in time helped you progress. Queue times are a mess right now. Population is hurting. Quick fixes can only carry the game so far. Sitting back and hoping that cross faction or cross play will resolve much of the current issues is not really going to resolve anything for the long run, when the initial problem in the game seems to be the (un)reward system in place. If you boil down to the one thing that has driven and continues to drive players away, it's not the community. It's not lack of content. It's not relevancy. It is not the level of ease or difficulty. It's the loot system in this game.

We have those skeptics in here claiming that all players would do (if vendor gear was of equal CR) is spam solos and duos until they gear up with top gear. Well, it would take a helluva lot of replaying solos and duos to get there considering the amount of marks you receive for either (and it wouldn't be bad for those claiming RB would be affected :p). That argument does not hold well considering that new content is released monthly.

Replay sales will always be part of this game and will always be used. They were before RNG as I am sure they will be if vendor gear of equal CR. I (and many others) would be more inclined into spending money resetting ANY content within my relevancy that ensures progression (marks) rather than resetting ONE specific piece of content that most likely gives me absolutely nothing in return.
    • Like x 2
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Mepps, while the world is down right now this would be an excellent time to address this thread
    We will not give up.

Jus sayin...
    • Like x 1
  12. Hemmy Committed Player

Refer to the post at the bottom of my signature, I go into this with a little bit more detail :)
    (The one below the dancing starfire)
    • Like x 1
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Mepps you there? We can't hear you... Please put the best gear back in the vendor. Please
    • Like x 1
  14. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I'll turn my automatic renewal back on for my sub...
  15. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I pinky swear.
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Truth
  17. Ichiro Loyal Player

Devs can always test to see which gear solution is the best. both financially and game wise

Test group A Best gear in vendor - add a vendor that has best gear to purchase that only this group can buy from.

Test group B Best gear as drops - for this group everything remains the same as there are in game now

Test group C control group. - This is a group of random accounts that are track over the same time period without any change. This group is unaware they are being tracked for a baseline.

Results are track for a year. Periodic updates from each group is collected except for group C which is just a baseline control. Once in a group all characters on the account are in the group and you cannot move out of the test group. Nothing in game changes except for group A can now buy best gear from a vendor. I volunteer for test group A.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Is there anyway I can volunteer to be in Test Group A?
    • Like x 2
  19. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I volunteer for group A
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well its obvious what the estimated results are. Test A would retain all of its players. Test B would produce a spike in monetary value at first, but would slowly decrease over time as players quit due to drop rate. As far as your test group C, i assume they have the best of both worlds so they would have the highest monetary value and player retention rate.

So if you were to look at a the groups as a line graph for the income of the game.

Test group A would have a 0 slope. Horizontal, steady income with occasional spikes in profits( sales, content design, MP items, etc)

Test group B would have a overall negative slope. Angry players for bad drops with constant fall off of players with occasional spikes via gear drop changes

Test group C would have an overall positive slope. Players having multiple options to progress are satisfied and spend money on MP items, while at every content launch both premium and legendary launch profits would spike.

Looking at the game now, DBG is running Test group B model and depending on that spike to make up for the overall negative slope of its profits.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.