Best Board Game Ever...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by melvinpox, May 13, 2013.

1. Gr33dyMoney New Player

i see ur learning from my threads melvin lol

i have to say the boardgame i spend playing most as a child was monopoly...
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Chess. I'm not good at it but man do I love it, funny thing is I cant remember the last time I played it on a real chess board instead of the computer.
  3. melvinpox Devoted Player

I'm sure I am...but I don't know what you are referring to in this instance.
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

HeroQuest
    [IMG]

I loved this board game as a kid.
  5. YodaDog New Player

Gonna have to go with chess. I was taught to play around age five and I was on the chess team in high school. And all the ladies were diggin that, make no mistake... XD
    • Like x 1
  6. Octantis New Player

7. melvinpox Devoted Player

This is a good selection...well played.
  8. melvinpox Devoted Player

What the heck is that?
  9. Octantis New Player

A space station is under attack by a horrible computer virus, and if you don't stop him in time, he'll destroy the world. You are the champion of your country, sent along with 3 others to neutralize the Omega Virus. However, you need specific equipment first in order to find and destroy him.

You travel around the space station, going room to room, trying to find colored access cards that open different colored rooms, finding items like probe droids and Disruptors and Negatrons. Once you have all 4 key cards, and all three devices, you can find the virus and attempt to battle him. But be warned! Some rooms contain traps that can destroy you items and teleport you to different sectors of the space station. Also, some of the other players may not be as noble as you ... After all, you're fighting for control of the most powerful space station in existance!

The game uses a series of 3 digit codes using the numbers 1-3. Players have their own code imputed at the beginning of the game. Open landing on a colored room, the player types in the code and the Virus, who narrates throughout the game, will tell you what you find: Probe Droid, Security Cards, Anti Virus tools, and Traps. After the contents of the room are explained, the virus says a 3 digit code that the player writes down. These codes are useful to edentify already explored rooms in case they forget, as well as which rooms contains the traps; more importantly if the Virus repeats the Player's own secret code, that's the room the virus is hiding in, and the player needs to return there after getting all their items to battle him at the end.

Combat is used by pressing one of the buttons on the central machine. If the player steps on a trap, the Virus says to activate a number of shields, so the player preses that many buttons in hopes that one of the shields defects the blast. The rules explain that "1" protects the face, "2" the body, "3" the feet, and "0" the back. Players, when attacking probes or other players secretly choose which area they want tot target by pressing the buttons, and if the other player presses the same button the attack is deflected; otherwise the player steals items from the other player. In the final battle against the Virus, the player does the same thing by selecting one laser in hopes of hitting the virus. If they miss, the virus teleports them to a random sector.

Most importantly, the game is timed. If the game goes on too long, the virus will "Shut Down" entire sectors, and the players will fold over the large triangle panel in front of them, covering the sector so it can't be accessed. If the time runs out, the Virus wins.

The space station will talk to you throughout the game as well, and the virus will mock him then laugh maniacally. Such a great villain :)

Favorite quotes from the Virus:
    "15 minutes until I take over ..."
    "Try and stop me!"
    "Red is attacking Yellow! What fun."
    (mocking the cries for help from the Station A.I.) "Help me! Help me! Hahahahahaha"
    • Like x 1
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Now I really feel old! I was in the Navy when this came out!
    It was fun!

And I enjoy playing Chess with anyone but my father (who always tries to cheat - as if I won't catch it when the Knight moves wrong!)
    • Like x 1
  11. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

It's funny that I said I loved this as a kid but I got this game when I was in High School. I think I was around 14 or 15 when I got the game and I played it many times all the way through college. The game was out for a few years before I got it though. I was in High School in 1994.
  12. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Another thing we have in common. I was on the Chess team too. I was probably the worst player on there but I was there in the shadows ratholing a pawn.
    • Like x 1
  13. Octantis New Player

Chess Club in my High School was a cover for the Magic: the Gathering club. It was awesome.
    • Like x 1
  14. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I was out of the Navy by then!
  15. melvinpox Devoted Player

You are getting a like for playing magic...not for your devious ways.
  16. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Seriously, someone threw this away two years ago. I dumpster dived it and still haven't looked up on boardgamegeek whether I have all the pieces or not.

Oh, and Orsen Wells for the win...

• Like x 1
  17. Octantis New Player

What if I told you I created and sold decks and boosters of a TCG of my own making? :)
  18. melvinpox Devoted Player

I would say you are a copy cat. Cuz I have done the same.
    • Like x 1
  19. Octantis New Player

I was going to refrain from posting about it due to its current cancellation and obvious bias, but here was one of the last layout concepts before the project's cancellation just prior to a major revamp:

[IMG]
    I plan on starting up the project again without the previous art team, who were a major factor in the game's constant delays. Apologies for the large size...
    • Like x 1
  20. melvinpox Devoted Player

Now...I never got to the artwork stage. Just play testing. And it play tested quite well.
    This looks very nice, sir.