Best Board Game Ever...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by melvinpox, May 13, 2013.

1. CheckmateEnjoi New Player

Chess. If you can't tell by the name.
  2. Musicilicious New Player

Chess :O :O :O
  3. petvpets New Player

I dont know, the blurb said its a 2 handed game and yet ole frenchy or mr prussia is using one hand in the picture
  4. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

Risk or monopoly.... Classics
  5. Duragon Committed Player

Risk is a classic.

Someone mentioned Acey Duecy... underground version of Bakgamon ... fantastic.

Warhammer had a battlefield kinda board.... .......
  6. melvinpox Devoted Player

Well, it still makes me sad. I don't think you are as hardened as you are trying to appear. Praying for you.
  7. Foxy Active Player

8. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

9. Minx New Player

I'm an original "Risk" player myself. +1 Sir Gant.
  10. Deathmark New Player

I just rememebred playing this

[IMG]

as a kid. Now i don't remember how fun it was, but as you can plainly see it IS a Zaxxon board game. Which...is pretty amazing.
    • Like x 1
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Nobody's Perfect

[IMG]

If you think it's a quiz-game then you are heavily mistaken. It is more like poker, because you have to trick your fellow players for guess for false answers. It requires a lot of creativity and knowledge of human nature.

Only available in German, Dutch and French :(

How it works:
    When it's your turn you pick a card that has a question and the answer for it. Then you think of additional answers that might be able to trick your fellow players.
    Then you give your fellow players the question and the possible answer. They place a stone to bet on the answer they think is right.
    The more people guessed for wrong answers, the more your figure can progress on the board. Everyone else who bet on the right answer can progress by 1.

Of course, the better you trick your opponents, the more likely you win.
  12. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Mage Wars
    [IMG]

Summoner Wars
    [IMG]

Arkham Horror
    [IMG]

Descent 2.0
    [IMG]

Dominion
    [IMG]

Thunderstone Advance
    [IMG]

• Like x 2
  13. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

And...

Go
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. melvinpox Devoted Player

This is the only game from your list that I recognize.
  15. Gant Well-Known Player

I will sit at the table with you and play either anytime. :) I like Risk too but the strategy changes in Castle Risk where you take your spoils at the end of your turn. And that admiral card is a game changer. It really brings some more dynamics to the game - especially if you have some campers who like to sit and watch.
  16. DARKKNIGHT New Player

rofl
  17. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

I highly recommend Mage Wars and Summoner Wars. Two very, very good games. Arkham Horror is amazing but takes hours and hours to finish unless you just try and bork it up to rush the end game and get the Old One to arise. Dominion is a lot like crack the card game. It is seriously addictive and fun.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Does Trivial Pursuit count as a board game?
    • Like x 1
  19. melvinpox Devoted Player

Absolutely. Good choice, sir.
  20. Hallows Eve New Player

Nightmare and Atmosphere.
    /thread