Battle Support Roles...what if?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by WesPypes3679, May 23, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I get what youre saying. But in my experience with just battletanking...its been formidable. I do great damage and still run my role...plus I get the experience upfront with Bosses not at range out of the danger zone. I have successfully beat bosses by myself after 3 dps roles got knocked out in alerts on 4 occasions now. That seems like a success to me. Raids on the otherhand...not so much. Still trying to get a main turtle type tank to lead and allow me to do work inside the danger zone with him. When that does happen I will try and video it...or at the bare minimum post my results in this thread.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I haven't done battle tank with fire yet but from battle healing with Celestial Sorcery and Nature.. they lack a bit.
    Nature is mostly weapon based. Just wish I could run swarm and be alright but the healing itself is still in trouble.

Celestial is supposed to be the battle healer.
    I can do 9 mil damage which is mediocre imo. Fatal Star is one who is used to doing 12+ mil in healer role as am I and Souls.
    We don't see anything near that potential with equivocal healing. It sucks but pure heals is fine

Sorcery is a hot mess to say the least. Lol.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Right now cant test laptop took a crap but that posting the best i can tell you avair made it early on with the whole stats matter stuff good luck finding it
  4. recoil Committed Player

i actually had a thought similar to this. since dps isn't really even it's own role why not merge the players natural role with dps? you would have the dps damage buff but it would be similar to insect form where you both do higher damage AND still perform heals if a healer, throw pott/cc if troller, or survive blows as a tank.
    • Like x 2
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

No doubt. The revamp is getting it there. Not exactly how I first wanted it...but with a good amount of sp 297 on test...I have been able to out out dps people and tank at the same time. So my initial thoughts are far from there...but the outcome is getting it close
    • Like x 2
  6. krytine Loyal Player

Ok just a few things. 1. My electric healer before the am with sp and mods did about 60% of the damage of a dps and the way the revamp is looking i will be doing that again if not more. Your specing will matter on how you want to play . The gear will give you all that you need for your role and if you want to help with damage or make your role easier then spec that way
  7. recoil Committed Player

has anybody tested sorcery in the tests server? was gonna go ice then i remembered sorcery thrashes fire and ice in pvp. how is it in pve after the stat revamp?