Battle Support Roles...what if?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by WesPypes3679, May 23, 2017.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Atomic, celestial, and light don't have anything stat wise that give them an advantage it's just the way they are built. Atomic tank mechanic and combo AM are the same. Celestial is actually rewarded with extra heals for the damage it does. Light doesn't cost any power to access its AM. With the revamp some of this will change and hopefully some other options will become available for the other powers but it will most likely be weapon damage because of power costs.
    • Like x 1
  2. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I think this brilliant. Thank you. This another great idea. In the end I would just like to see more diversity in the game. People now on live always wanna tell you how to build the best loadout or tell you are doing it wrong. There should be more than cookie cutter builds. One idea I had...A precision modded weapons expert quantum that can hold enemies and do some decent damge all the while giving out a little power...that's interesting to me. Another instance I love the idea of a battle tank, that's not just atomic power...i think the build should not be as strong as a tank or do as much damage as a DPS but like a support for support. Helping hold aggro with the true tank, but being able to fight in the mix adding damage done for the group...I think that would also make other weapons a little more popular...like two handed for instance. Rage would be a nice power for that kind of build with some healing and melee power combos in there. Just a thought. IMO DPS should always reign as kings when it comes to damage. That is what they specialize in. It's the most common build. I just wish there was more to support roles than just supporting the dps roles. DPS would suffer in raids without support roles. But DPS still get all the glory. If the tanks, trolls, and healers could do a bit more than just those roles it just adds incentive for using those roles. I think support roles should be buffed somewhat in damage, and their selective support roles, and dps nerfed in those support stats. DPS is DPS period. If support roles had some advantages over DPS's the support community would grow. Im hoping with stats revamp we could start seeing more of these ideas I have shared and others have shared here.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Wouldn't it be better to just have:

up on D-Pad > DPS > Heal/tank/troll > battle support

while in battle support the -50%(or whatever it is while in support stance) dmg reduction wouldn't be in place but you would have a little less survivability to balance it giving those who know their support role a little something extra to play around with while they are with friends and league mates.

That to me would seem worth asking for then anything else. As it would seem more reasonable and possible to do for the developers I'd think.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Mental can perform this role quite admirably
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

Battle Troll = Troll plus Robot Sidekick
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Great Idea
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I've never been a battle support supporter lol but in this case I'd rather have something like this done once revamp is done or even while its still on test tbh.

then have ppl trying to continue to battle support once revamp hits live and its even harder from what some are saying compared to live servers.

this would give ppl another option, but in doing this option it would give these effects:

-50%-75% damage out (if that) while in support stance compared to the DPS role. Basically doing 50%-75% damage while DPS' do 100%

you would lose 25% of your support functions meaning, if your a troll you'd lose 25% ability to CC/power out ect

to me it would be something to keep ppl interested or even get ppl interested in support if there were more to them. Thats just my opinion though. Obviously this is just a start of what they can do to get ppl interested in support theres so much more, but alot of it would never happen. So I wont bring any of it up lol
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

It appears to be an option for trolls to first max out vitalization and power crits, to spend remaining SP into might/power and use debuffs for dammage in troll role, only wearing dps gear... Need to test it and have a look for myself ^^
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

I wish people could learn at least one role before creating more options o_O
    already so many battle something I guess, since I see lots of trolls tanks or healers trying to dps, or dps with lower damage than support roles or close to them anyway
    • Like x 2
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Would be great to see how it compared to w/troll gear vs w/out troll gear.

I know your vit will drop significantly even in troll stance with dps gear.

Probably be as if a squishy tank with straight dps gear on, but, with low power out and a slight boost in damage.

Would like to see if correct though.
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

I wish I could like this x1000
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I thought about starting a new thread because stats revamp has made this option of battle tanking/trolling/healing a lot more formidable. I have made 2 different battletank builds with fire. In tank stance and with 290 sp and almost all tank gear I have been able to tank/dps alerts with ease. I have even solo'd bosses. My 1st build was a hybrid mastery build with about 18k might and precision...all tank gear except hands feet and utiltybelt with dps trinket. I am fully modded half tank mods and dps mods. Health and power both above 55k...dominance around 6k. The key in my white mods is fortified assault....so i dont have to turtle tank. For the most part my crowd control has been good. Pulling adds in and dpsing them close quarter combat style. My loadout consists of inferno wildfire bd fiery weapon immolation and the aoe tank pull for fire...(sorry forgot name) i rotate my healing and shield for survivability and use inferno to get burn going weapon attacks with one handed into wm dual weild clipped into wildfire all the while keeping fiery weapon going anytime its off cooldown. I have held my own as a tank and come in 2nd on dps charts. This was twice run with me as tank and 3 other dps's on SJ. No troll or heals. Now note...this was before the heals got nerfed for fire tank before last update to fire. I only tried 2 raids with this build and it didnt go as I hopedtge first run..I was squishy. Died alot...the heals just werent enough on bosses. On my second run i redid my loadout to include bd and stoke flames plus added hard light shield...to alternate with immolation. I lasted as long as the group did and a little while afterwards if everyone died. It is formidable. Its fun to play and watch dps who dont do well dpsing quit bc the tank was out damaging them. Raids are very hard to battletank bosses...adds are easy. A full blown tank in the group would be nice to try and help...havent had that yet. Tbd whether it would work...im guessing it would. My second build was a might mastery build with almost same loadout but specced a lil different. Full 175 might and power. 20k in might and 62k in power...only difference was fiery weapon was replaced with flame burst. Damage wise I faired better than the hybrid...but did have moments i ran out of power. With a troll this is better for the raid. My defense and toughness was higher. All in all...experienced players that understand roles and with high sp will be able to pull off battle support roles. I will try testing trolls and heals next. Overall...im happy with revamp allowing me to try this playstyle. Just wish the heals would get buffed back to where they were. Look me up on Test if you are there...KhaosFyreTest.
    • Like x 1
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Thank you for this.

I thought you would be squishy, basically a player would need survivability skills?

Sounds though it is totally doable, as a fire Tank.

Now I am curious to how the other Tank powers and the Troll's and healer would fair.
  14. krytine Loyal Player

Sorry but i think you missed part of the point of this revamp. Fix some issues but also reduce the amount of a damage gap from support and dps. So if you spec skill points and mods you will see a difference
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Thank you so much for your insight Captain Obvious. I never picked up on that. I thought I stated it clearly enough that I got what stats revamp can do. When originally posted this thread I had very little understanding of the revamp. Ibwas very new to the test server at that time as well. With time spent I gained some understanding..and I originally came to the forums as a source of information...not criticisms. I only understood the game from the Live version. It was an idea...that is all. If you had nothing positive to add...then it is just criticism. So ask your self....was my insight in any way helpful...heres your sign.
  16. krytine Loyal Player

Dude what wait really thats how you took my comments wow. You asked about something i addressed it and it seemed you did miss the point of the revamp and what i was trying to convey
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Perhaps...but I did state that ..."I thought about starting a new thread because stats revamp has made this option of battle tanking/trolling/healing a lot more formidable." In essence I acknowledged that stats revamp makes it do able. I will apologize for misunderstanding your comment...just did not see the necessity to say I missed the point...when I pointed out stats revamp does what I wanted to do for a different playstyle. So I am sorry for misinterpreting your statement. I have been met with alot of. DCUO vLifers" and "Experts" so that snarkiness coming from me was because of those guys inbthe forums. I apologize for putting you in that category. Those people are toxic to the DCUO community. I played for a year and a half and quit right after WM hit. A year ago I came back to AM and CR differential. I had to learn alot...and have been treated like a noob too many times. So I will admit I am sensitive to *ss Hats like that. I like this game alot. I do very well on Live and am a very respected and liked player in my circle and league.

So let me reiterate...my apologies buddy. Totally on me...other people made me put u in a category...and thats on me.
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I think roles in the revamp need PI damage and should get a boost in hybrid abilities.
    Battle support isn't really an option anymore. They completely shut it down in the revamp and I'm talking with people of equal skill and knowledge on the same scale.. it's not really feasible anymore.
  19. krytine Loyal Player

Thanks and the same here i didnt mean to put you off. I am a little on the obvious type of person and my typing on the phone isnt the best and sometimes things can come off wrong. I wasnt trying to rub you wrong but with the literal rebamp and how it seems its going it that part of the revamp missed you and to be honest some of it alludes me as well. And this is just more so of where i was coming from but i am not trying to pee in your cheerios either. With the lessening of the damage game different syles of play will be introduced in the future basically if i remember correctly the devs are looking at 5 sub categories for the three main. Inside of the five you will be given different options on how your powes prog or stack or pet and so on. So this would further diversify each power making it where if two players had the same power the loadout would function differently not sure what avir was meaning on it but it was one of his earlier post acter joining dc. And as i said i have a few issues with typjng and i am sorry if something didnt come out right . Very rarely do i ever try to jump down someones throat
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

All good brother. I get it. I shouldnt make assumptions. I come across the wrong way at times myself...talking and texting.

Now...on to what you were saying about sub classes for each role. I had that idea myself. If you have a link to that I would love to read about it. Im very intrigued. Imba firm believer in support roles...and get sick of the DPS world that DCUO is atm. I like DPS...have quite well as a DPS. But DPS gets all the glory. Support roles make DPS's look good. Anyone that really plays this game should be able to runnin support roles. My intial thought was just make support more fun than heals power and draw aggro for dps. Different playstyles in support would draw more attention to support roles. It could lessen the term dps's are a dime a dozen.

If you are on test server look me up. KhaosFyreTest. Im all about battletanking. Very fun way to play. Looking to test some other roles out in the same manner.