Batman inspired mask return?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CloneTK, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrir New Player

Yeah you really fired off before reading through the thread, huh? :p

The general consensus has more or less been that people don't WANT that mask specifically. One reason for this being that some of us who got it after the hack would feel hurt and get mad over it (some more so than others :p) and obviously its been said by the devs themselves this won't happen.

People want a different cowl, they want the ability to have access to an actually decent batman themed head style that isn't alien or bathing cap looking, WITHOUT having to take away strip people of their "special snowflake" status.

EDIT: Expanded upon my point.
    • Like x 4
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

I skimmed. You've seen one "Batman-inspired mask" thread, you've seen them all. I was in a similar conversation ingame earlier tonight so I might have been a little more fired up than otherwise ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Very impressive. Thumbs up.
  4. Fenrir New Player

Its all good man. I was pretty defensive about the whole topic when I got my mask straight after the hack :p But tbh I understand the frustration of not having access to a particular style, when its such a pivotal style to the aesthetic of one of DC's titans.

But yeah it seems for the most part that people agree that the old mask should remain that, and it would pretty much be great for players new and old to see a different cowl see the light of the lock boxes / market place ;)
  5. Flashflood72 New Player

One of the whole points of the discussion on this thread has been suggesting ways AROUND redistributing the "batman inspires mask"s :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've seen that pic before, that's where I got some ideas for the belt, symbol, and cape/wings. But that's actually the HEROIC Owlman, Ray Raymond Jr., from the Titans (or was it the Outsiders?) Here's a comparison pic:

[IMG]

I've looked at that helmet and found it leaves the ears exposed, so it wouldn't look right for the Crime Syndicate's Owlman, unfortunately.
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, I went to the Rare Style Vendor to take a look. I still don't see that style. I must not be a high enough level yet, as I know some styles aren't offered to you until you reach a certain level. But of the styles I did see, I found myself most intrigued by the Vestments of Rage mask (AKA Helmet of Burning Rage):

[IMG]

Looks pretty bad-@$$! My only problem is that it prevents my Bug Eye lenses from displaying. But definitely looks better than what I have now. I really need to start collecting the appropriate Marks for the Rare Style Vendor.
  8. Flashflood72 New Player

Which is why you sir, need a cowl!
  9. CoolSmoove New Player

It would be really cool to get the mask! I love Batman!!
  10. Fenrir New Player

Im in the same boat I would be completely fine if they brought it back. But obviously it has been confirmed that it wont be coming back in the form it was released in 2011. BUT a new cowl has never been ruled out, and has obviously been a large topic of discussion on this forum, with many being behind the idea of a NEW cowl, which pretty much works out for everyone. Vets get a NEW awesome looking cowl, people who started playing later finally get access to a helm that actually lets them emulate their favorite character like fans of superman, shazam, the flash etc all can.
  11. Flashflood72 New Player

I just watched the last FNL, and at about 20:20 spytle makes deliberate and over exaggerated note of the fact we can't get the batman mask anyway and mepps was quick to tell him to "shut up!!"...Something at work perhaps? :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Fenrir New Player

Did you copy /paste this from the https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...re-batman-inspired-mask-for-batman-75.219024/ thread? :p Even so, I think its cool that maybe they're paying attention to these threads.
  13. Flashflood72 New Player

14. Fenrir New Player

Yeah, daym.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is there any chance you could grab a screenshot of that head and post it here? Or can anyone else do so? I still can't believe this isn't on the Wiki at all. Even Google Image Search turns up nothing. :confused:
  16. Fenrir New Player

Yeah you should probably read through the thread before commenting buddy.

TLDR: People don't want THAT mask, they don't want to anger neckbeards like us who got it earlier, they think a decent compromise is a new batman based cowl.
    • Like x 2
  17. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Shhh.... Aside from a handful of powers that players can use, they don't want players to realize that the DC Universe is just window dressing. :eek: :D

Players did not receive the "Batman" masks. Their characters did, specifically characters created before the servers went offline. Anyone that wanted to create a "Batman inspired-character" but couldn't login because of the hack were also SoL, this was before you could buy respec/rename/body type tokens.

The "survive the hack" mission was sharable for some time to anyone in your group, thus many people have it that weren't around for the hack.

It's like being mad at someone for wearing the same style shirt that you got for free, that someone else had to pay for.:D
    • Like x 4
  18. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

19. xColdFront Committed Player

A lot of people are upset about the style that are about to go in the rare vendor but you guys don't seem to care about that so why is this any different? I earned Digital Invasion and that was a nightmare doing and cause me serious pain and suffering and replay badges. Oxymoron
    • Like x 1
  20. indee2025 New Player

If I could give you my 'batman inspired mask' I would man, seems like a lot of you would do more with it than I would...it's all about the thrill of the chase, once you get it you're like....Meh
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.