Batman inspired mask return?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CloneTK, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar Raziel New Player

people's ocd tendencies are their own problem. The grey space only bothers you if you let it. That's a personal problem. The game needn't be engineered to coddle players' personality problems.

I would like to see a bat-mask with some proper bat-ears:
    [IMG][IMG]

dcuo is filled with stubby bat-ears. jim lee kinda sucks sometimes.
    • Like x 4
  2. Fenrir New Player

Agreed. So far the Batman inspired mask is the only bat-mask to have decent sized ears (the tier 2 helm dosent count because they're more like horns / antenna).

They had an opportunity to silence the outcries and give with community what it wanted in one fell swoop and make a decent bat cowl with the daring vigilante set but instead they hammed it up with oversized eye holes and no ears. It looked like a bathing cap.
  3. Avatar Raziel New Player

I don't really think the bat-inspired mask looks that great or looks much like bat-fam. I use it on a cat-themed character.
    [IMG]

compare to the Neal Adams sketches above. These bat-ears are weak.
    • Like x 1
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

More like Catwoman inspired mask.
  5. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Use the Daring Vigilante headpiece
  6. Fenrir New Player

That thing looks like a bathing cap :p it has next to know ears on it and huge eye holes.

Not even close to a bat cowl.
  7. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Ya its not ideal but it is batman-esque. The Cowl referred in the original post is an exclusive item. As someone who still feels a little jaded about the hack and like the "gift" was a bit of a band aid(especially since I also paid for the game before it was free), it should stay "Exclusive". I will flame the dev's if they make it available to anyone.

I would be fine if they added another cowl that looks similar to batman's. That would be acceptable. I'd be fine with it if it was a marketplace item or a random drop(Promethium box, Legends etc). That would fine.

I'm not against other players who came to the game later getting to make a batman inspired character. They shouldn't get that head piece though. The Daring Vigilante was supposed to be that(although it looks more Wild Cat than Batman).

That's how I feel about that. Adding new style's that are batman like sounds good. ;)
  8. Michael17 Well-Known Player

Everybody wants to be Batman haha it's amazing!
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

f2p players maybe but not customers!

in the country i live a customer is king no matter what desires he has , but thats maybe only in germany that way and thats why economy is here the way it is and in usa not.

they should give the customers the possibility to decide if they want to see pre-order batmans gray face or not...

ur late btw over 1 month old post of me ... from what i have heared from soe live the new UI will adapt.
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

On the same topic Spytle, Alot of people who own the items have requested they make their way into the "Redeem item" window for the longest time. is it a possibility to have them added? if not I'm curious to know if you could share the reasoning why. Thanks!:)
    • Like x 1
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

None of the Batmasks that show any facial skin are covering the nose at all. I think one way that SOE could get around adding something similar into the game is by going the way of a new face item, not head item. Something similar to the Oan Tech mask, which already covers the face and nose, but give it wrap around curved wings that resemble the forward swept version of the bat ears, as opposed to the back swept ears in the Bman inspired mask. The wrap around would continue with a band that connects behind the head, but not something super huge. This would allow players to use one of the various slimline head styles as the head item, and combine the face item to complete the look. The face portion would likely have to be tweaked so that it stands out as shiny, as opposed to the more matte appearance of the slimline heads.

Alternately, there's something similar that can be put into play that resembles the current Batwoman's mask, which isn't too far removed from the above idea (It is a face piece). Warp the wings so they are less up front and more on the sides of the head, kinda like a cross between Wolverine and Batman, and I think the difference in design will be enough to set it apart and avoid any possible business issues.

Or - release an item based on Future Batman. FB' was created for this game. His design is exclusive to this game. That's breathing room. The design itself differs enough from classic/current Batman's cowl already, appearing as a literal translation of dark 'knight', with the top portion appearing like a knight helm's slitted visor at rest.
    • Like x 1
  12. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Lol just checked the first handful of pages on Gotham City and there are a dozen threads asking for a New Batman Inspired Mask, this is the most asked for item/style in the game for a long time.

Hope the Devs listen as fans wanted Batman styles for his 75th not a handful of PvP skins.

A new reskin of the old inspired mask would be nice. They reskinned Preorder Batman by making him a little brighter when they made Classic Batman. The Plasmic Aura got a remake too as Blue Plasmic and Red Plasmic Auras.
  13. BATWlNGdccu Active Player

I'm new here, but a solution would simply be to allow the face item to show up on the player when using these cowls, the same as most other headgear+face combinations. Currently, these Batman-themed cowls hide the face item. If that would be changed, then that'd be a solution.
    • Like x 2
  14. Fenrir New Player

Nah still wouldn't help. None of the so called batcowls we've been given even have the ear length to classify it as a batcowl. Even if you fixed the eye issue it would just look like a helmet.
  15. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

my main is a batman iconic, and YES I do have the cowl. So I hope the NEVER release another batman cowl. Dont want too many batman toons running around. And its entertaining to make fun of the daring vigilante batman toons running around!
  16. Fenrir New Player

This^ is why we need another batman inspired mask to occur.

Thank you for serving as a perfect example on literally every batman-style related thread on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fenrir New Player

Agreed. The only way we will get our message heard is persistence. Its pretty obvious what the fans want for batman 75 and how satisfied people are with what we've gotten so far.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

You used to be able to, but I'm pretty sure that this was changed to prevent DC's legal eagles from jumping down SOE's throats. If SOE could somehow go back to the old system, that would also be great, but I don't see it happening. :S
  19. Fenrir New Player

Could not agree more.
  20. Fenrir New Player

I'm hoping they will.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.