Balance Legends Initiative

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Grand Shaw, Jan 12, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'd prefer if it gave a 100% crit chance on powers, which in legends increases their damage by 25%.

Ideally you'd land a counter, hit lantern, use cartwheel kick (tap melee x2, hold melee) and clip it with a power. Here's the breakdown for damage (I'd need to check the weapon damage and I don't quite feel like doing the math right now)

About 700 for the counter damage and block breaker (standard for all legends)
    About 600 from weapon damage
    About 700 from the lantern and the power you clip cartwheel kick with.

That's 2000, which is just slightly above average. Now remember that the lantern will make all of the power damage crit. So you've now got this:

About 700 for the counter damage and block breaker (standard for all legends)
    About 600 from weapon damage
    About 875 from the lantern and the power you clip cartwheel kick with.

This sticks you with a total of

In addition to all that remember that legends is balanced around a 2v2 scenario, so you're going to more than likely have a partner benefiting from this. So if you've got say, a character who has a finisher, that finisher goes from dealing about 1228 damage to about 1535 damage.

In the case of someone like Wonder Woman who can deal about 2500 damage during a counter window off powers alone that gets jacked up to 3100.

So like I said, it's outstanding for support. It makes high damage characters more damaging and low damage characters as well.
    • Like x 3
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Here's one on General Zod. *Sighs more like General Yawn

Sorry General Zod fans, but DCUO hasn't done most of the Kryptonians justice. General Zod included.

Honestly, this wasn't even intentional, but all I used for burst damage was 3 tap hold melee / Subjugate (#1 Power).

That's it. That's it lol. That's the most damage I can really get considering the animation is long, and it applies a dot at low power cost, still way better than heat vision. :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Superman (me) vs Power Girl (my FNL Partner Two Face1223)

Welp, I got my butt kicked. And it wasn't spectacular either. It was boring. More to come soon.

Who knows this quote from a DC animated movie? (Yes it is somewhat relevant)

"Bottom line... she may be more powerful than you."
    • Like x 4
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Ursa vs General Zod (Ursa Kneels)

Yeah I'm having a bad day lol. I had an original one but both of them lagged and I played terrible. Then we did this one... and the same thing happened. :mad:
    • Like x 3
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Power Girl (Low Tier) vs Two Face (Best Legends Character)

Power Girl kept staring. Need I say more? :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Hey Enquirer or anyone in DirtDev's group chat, if you wanna show him those vids for breakouts and such go right ahead. I'm just not going to keep note of them unless I need to keep the thread running.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

After Clutch and Brice said they didn't have double breakouts I showed them one of yours from test and made everyone sad again. So don't worry, I'll show anything when it's needed!
    • Like x 2
  8. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I would've uploaded a few more last night but Two Face had to leave. So I'll try and get some up tonight.
    • Like x 1
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

I said I'd upload something last night, then I got swamped with homework. :(

I'll get at least one of the 4 Kryptonians up against Bizarro and/or Supergirl. Sabigya beating my Ursa with Bizarro comes to mind as an idea.
  10. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Catwoman (High Tier) vs Saint Walker (Low Tier)

I said I'd upload something for Kryptonians, then well, this happened. :(

Hope did not burn very bright with this person. :(

Opponent left after 2 deaths. That's why this vid is so short. Catwoman's burst damage against his low health made this fight almost painful for ME.

Buff Saint Walker's health! He needs it!
    • Like x 3
  11. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Wonder Woman's Rock

Uhhhhh.... o_O

Someone help me out here with this one. I thought it was the jump pad in the way. But it doesn't look like it. Is something wrong?
  12. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Harvey Domination

My Wonder Woman didn't stand a chance. And Two Face (partner) was lagging too.

75% damage mitigation when using #1, and it's not vulnerable to lunges anymore. And increased damage. (For those who don't know)
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

There's a hit box bug with it. I put in a bug report about it a while ago. If you try jumping or flying before throwing it, it should work. This bug is why you see me jump a lot of the time before throwing one.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I don't know why you jumped when throwing that rock, it might be because you jumped into it.
    Pretty sure its due to hitboxes being a bit wonky.
    • Like x 1
  15. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yeah I never pressed the spacebar so I know I didn't intend to jump when I threw it.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Time for a new vid. I'm thinking Ursa vs Bizarro. Or maybe show how much health Saint Walker loses from Catwoman's burst damage.
  17. space outlaw Well-Known Player

ill like to see how saint walker stand against catwoman.
    im sure saint will do fine:D;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Nope. :p I did a few burst instances, but these happen if Saint does NOT block at anytime during the burst.
    • Like x 1
  19. space outlaw Well-Known Player

welp lmao:D

i suppose something could be done about this legend

but i do not think his sc should have a shorter cooldown.
  20. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

His SC should be removed entirely and replaced with a more useful power.