Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Actually looking at those augments again, those other affinities come in at 18, 21 and 23 so maybe it doesn't go as high as I feared in terms of it potentially being over 10,000,000 experience depending on what's required after level 15.
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Please see my suggestion below, which I posted in another thread (Important Devs - We need to be given 8 Golden Exobytes)

I do understand why you devs have decided to just give every player a 1 size fits all compensation package, since from a technical developer perspective, doing that should require the least amount of time needed to rig up a compensation package.

However, from a player perspective, a person taking the time to fully mod all his/her equipment will have a bad taste in his/her mouth when another person who never modded gets the same kind of compensation package.

So lets say, to convert every current mod (A) into the new Augment equivalent (B)

A * X = B; with X being the conversion number.

So after figuring out the conversion number, every player will be able to convert any one of their equipped mods into relevant XP to rank up the new Augment(s).

As for implementation and coding, you then have to:
    - Allow all equipped mods to be converted into relevant XP to rank up the new Augments.
    - Disable all current item slots with equipment mods so that they do not update the Stats tab. In this way, even if a person buys an old mod and slots it in the item slot (I have yet to log on to Test Server so I don't even know about what item slots are available), the stat tab is not updated.
    - Check and ensure the conversion number that converts current stats of current mods to new stats for new Augment(s) is a reasonable number.
    • Like x 2
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Let's say I use a Respec Token to switch to a Tank from a Healer.
    I'm screwed; my Augments are Healer Augments and Tanks require others.
    So now my Tank has noob Augments. Sure with Gear Mods you would have to purchase Exo's and rebuild the Mods; but here it seams it would take a lot longer. This discourages the use of Respec Tokens.
    Am I wrong?
  4. IsmeldaHuine New Player

Characters can have 2 roles so they should receive at least 2 set of gold exobits to raise their implants according to each role. That would require the quest to give to each 2 sets, one for dps and the other based on their alternate role (tank/healer/controller). At least this way we can still play PvE content normally switching our role and not being forced to choose one side above the other from the start. I don't think the implants are specific to PvP though so that's one lesser concern.
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Don't forget many players have also Modded their PVP gear.
    It's possible to have Players with a Full set of Precision Mods/ Might Mods, and Support Mods.
    Those who have been around the longest, spent the most $$$, and done the most work; will see the least benefit.
    • Like x 2
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Can you use a ranked augment as ‘food’ for a different augment? Like using a ranked artifact to fortify another artifact? If so, do you lose 50% xp? If that was a straight swap it would take care of your issue.
    • Like x 2
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

That's my primary concern. I fear devs may have missed the point of what's wrong with the current R&D system. It was never difficult or complicated to make mods. The problem lies entirely in the massive amount of time it takes to gather essence to make a full set of mods. If it takes as much time to increase augments as it does to gather essence, then we really haven't gained anything.
    • Like x 4
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Did you take into consideration the top 2 slots (episode specific ones...are we calling them augments too?)
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

No, but it’s streamlined...the essence was character bound as well, so if the Exos are account/tradeable then that’s a win for us.
    • Like x 1
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I have to say i'm liking augments so far but the one major thing that others have pointed out is we should get compensation for 8 augments not just 4. We want players to be able to play both roles right off the bat and be up to par with augments for both. Having to pick only one role is a huge bummer.

Another thing would be to add more augments, like say for controlling. The meta really isn't a pure vit spec and it would be nice if you had the option to have power augments to so you can tweak your spec to how you desire. And i know the vit augments have a power stat in them but to really min max your build its not enough and not customizable enough. Even the addition of health augments would be nice also.
    • Like x 4
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Might New Justice mod = 178 Might ... where are you getting your number’s from?
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

base mods are gone, guess that includes TC mods aswell, wich is awesome! however: why are they still in the dispenser when there is no place to put them into your equippement? also: why do weapons and necks still have the white mod sockets? am i missing something here, or is it not ready yet? one more thing: can you imagine ice tanking without regenerative shielding?
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Not ready yet, they’re intended to be there.
    • Like x 2
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

nice! i just thought on my ice tank, runing around without regenerative shieldings... brrr!
  15. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

the test server is so bugged right now cant even test.
    phasing is bugged, bounties get thrown of cliffs and reset and vanish.
    arguments we only get 4 golden exo materials which only allows us to level 1 out of 4 of them things.
    a lot needs fixing/ updating!
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Let them know in the appropriate section so they can work out the kinks.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

the new soder cola plan you can buy at the RnD vendor in the watchtower and hall of doom says in the crafting menu:
    "on use, the item will apply these effects:
    0 health
    0 power
    restores health and power"
    now, it appears questionable if zero health and power is realy worth the crafting at all ^^
  18. Avair Administrator

Keep the feedback coming and thanks for the spirited debate!

We are definitely looking into the stat difference between what you get from augments and what you have on live and will make sure there are no sad faces. Recently we found a bug in the item level of the augments and adjusted it. It might have had a larger impact on stats than we intended. Our intention is to make it so that when you get the Episode Augments and use your Golden Exobytes, that your stats will be higher than what you have with mods on live.

...and Proxystar excellent testing and I'm not offended or upset. I appreciate the zeal!
    • Like x 10
  19. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Experience with Augments at Level 30 (Created New Toon)

General Impressions: The system overall is a significant improvement over the current mod system. As clear from the comments on this thread, the transition will be very important and will be a huge factor in determining the success of the system. I love the bonus XP from matching the exobyte type to the augment type!

Interface and Tooltips: Wow, I love all three designs for the interface. The tooltips are clear, and the interface is pretty easy to use. Here are a few suggestions for changes:
    • Add a tooltip that clearly explains that there are different types of exobytes and that you get bonus XP for using a might exobyte on a might augment.
    • In the augment interface, make the different categories collapsible or create an archive type function to put selected augments at the bottom of the list. Since the list seems to auto sort by level, some of this is built in, but I'd much prefer having control over how the list is sorted. This will help a lot in the future when there are multiple episodes worth of augments.
    • In the fortify interface, highlight the exobytes that are the same type as the augment that's loaded in to be fortified. E.g., if I load up a dominance augment, the dominance exobytes are either auto-sorted to the top or somehow visually stand out (similar to how new items in the inventory screen have a visual effect that makes them stand out).
    Salvaging and Getting More Exobytes: There are several great improvements here. First, I appreciate the streamlined system: get gear --> salvage gear @ R&D station --> get exobytes --> fortify augments. No muss, no fuss, no insanely long lists of materials!!! I also appreciate that the salvage isn't punishing. A couple of items of note:
    • I've salvaged item level 30-32 dropped gear and various types of vendor gear, and I always get some kind of exobyte. I no longer get trash. Fantastic!
    • The change that has me the most excited is that R&D material like Battery Fragments actual gives XP now!!! This makes me so happy (even though it means that my leaguemate who always tells me to save those items, which I felt were worthless, gets to say "I told you so!" about 1,000 times).
    • Potential Bug: I flew around and collected some exo-material from the nodes that currently give exobits on live. The nodes worked as expected, but now, I don't have anything I can do with the material. It doesn't show up in my fortify screen, and I can't find any plans or anything else to do something with it at the R&D stations.
    • Like x 3
  20. inferno Loyal Player

What the....I swear to you, yesterday it was 382 each, I even looked at my split mods of might and health to count up the might numbers from it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.