Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I do Hope the Fact that the Gold Exp we are being given will ONLY cover 1 Role and NOT Both Sides WHich Many of US Endgamers DO PLay
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is huge because you know there's going to be many people who do this... (I mean, we have players who accidentally purchase more than one of the same piece of vendor gear, lol.)
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I second that. I dont want to lose out on my support stats, or have to choose between roles. It should cover both.
    • Like x 6
  4. Proxystar #Perception

3 roles potentially now, cause what if you have extra precision built in to a PVP build and that precision is now lost, if you're going into 4 might augments.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kestral Committed Player

Agreed, I've taken the time to always mod both sets of my gear to play dual role. I should be equal in both roles after augments go into place.
    • Like x 1
  6. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Here's what I'd like to know; will getting the new exobytes be essentially as time consuming as getting essence? One of the 3 amigos said that we'd get the exos by scrapping gear (just like we did with essence). So is it going to turn out to take so much time to get exos that again our alts won't be able to keep up?
  7. Kestral Committed Player

Sounds like we can get xp for the augments going forward from farming exos, scrap, and loot selections according to the vid.
  8. Brav Well-Known Player

Couple of other things I just noticed,

1. R&D Recovery Tab is gone. (Tactical Mod Slots are gone, slot and recovery tab or something similar should return).

2. New Material Experience (Salvaged) so far is only stacking up to 4. Even though at the moment we will most likely be consuming them in the beginning, these should still stack a bit higher please.

I will post more as I notice them. Thank you.

(Side Note: The Test server seems unstable, I was disconnected twice so far. Once while working on the augment advancements and the second time during the new duo).
    • Like x 2
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

You are Correct. NOTHING has been said about PvP Builds/Gear we have
    • Like x 3
  10. Kestral Committed Player

On this one since the mods aren't in our gear wouldn't you still be fine with enough augments to fully spec both roles?
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

People rarely mod precision in PvP. The meta is might/power. I'd be more worried about a precision dps in pve that goes might in PvP
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I like how everyone is so focused on the golden mod shortage that they're forgetting to discuss how now players will be able to purchase their way to max augments via the XP in TCs and the broker. If content ends up being very difficult until you have them maxed, that could be a problem.

I'm glad the devs put a cap on them, however.

If all players are able to hit that cap with plenty of time to spare in the DLC, then some players getting there slightly faster might not be a huge deal. If content is balanced around them, however, then it becomes a big deal.

These are my thoughts on this topic.
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

So I take we we wont be able to vit/might type augment slots for a battle controller build... It will be vitalization and or dom only builds?

Im playing catch up with reading through forums about augments etc and I have the tab to watch the live stream open
    • Like x 1
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I have multiple builds too. 10 memories alone on my main. 4 to 6 on alts. I didn't even consider my precision builds or PvP. Geez. Smh. I have a lot of suggestions, but would ot hurt those who put the time in to make these builds and modding them and allow those who didn't to receive the same rewards?
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

One thing I did take notice of is the amount of items that can be used to level the augments up. I brought 4 mighty augments to max and 2 support augments to over 200. But, that's on test, where its easy to do alot of things fast, that would translate into alot of money/time into leveling on Live. I see the good in this, and unfortunately I see the bad as well.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

if there's supposed to be true flexibility it doesn't matter, if someone wants to play with weapons in pvp they should be entitled to do so without taking a nerf or being forced to change.

It works both ways really.
  17. Avair Administrator

Hello and thanks so much for the feedback and comments. I appreciate the excitement for our new system and I hope everyone is enjoying it and Teen Titans. Now, on to some answers!

“How will Augments Effect PvP?”
    I am sitting at home right now and this is a detailed subject, so I will respond to this when I get back to work on Monday. I apologize for the wait, but I want no miscommunications.

“How will my Secondary Roll Work with this new system?”
    Currently you can use armories to switch between roles. Simply equip the correct augments for your secondary role and imprint it on your armory. Then when you switch between them it will function like gear.

“How will I be Compensated for the Mods in my Gear BOTH Sides?”
    This is a prime example of why we are having an open testing and feedback process. We understand that a number of players play multiple roles on a single character and that those characters may be modded completely for both roles. We do not want those who have put in the most work to be punished the most. We are looking into this problem and have been considering solutions for some time. Please provide constructive feedback in this area and we will take it into consideration.

“Only 2 Base Gear Mods working Weapon and Neck; others are missing.”
    We have top people working on this throughout the weekend to bring you solutions. We are aware of this issue and will get it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

“Can you please explain why I am going to be ripped off of the effort I have put in to working on both my roles.”
    Please keep feedback civil. I love conversing with players and working together to make great decisions. This relationship requires mutual trust and everyone understanding that we aim to make a good and fun game. We are not out to rip anyone off. I promise.

"Please make sure that if a player accidentally puts in all 4 on one augment, they receive back the remainder. "
    This is currently not something we can do. We made them stack to one and be granted individually so that this happens less frequently. We also cannot grant augments at the player’s current CR because of the way the data is stored. This Golden Exobyte solution is dynamic enough that we should be able to make it please most people. By the way, if you give too much experience to a single item and it goes past cap, the experience isn’t gone, it will be there when we raise the level cap during the next episode, its just not super efficient.

“[general feedback about exobytes stacking to 4]”
    These items stack to 4 for multiple reasons. Chief among them is that you do not need to hold on to them. Please use the exobytes. On one hand there are people worried about not getting enough experience and on the other people worried about not being able to store enough in their inventory. Just use them and both problems will be helped.

“I like how everyone is so focused on the golden mod shortage that they're forgetting to discuss how now players will be able to purchase their way to max augments via the XP in TCs and the broker. If content ends up being very difficult until you have them maxed, that could be a problem.”
    We do not encourage players to use the artifact reagents from the Time Capsules on Augments. In fact, the mechanics specifically discourage that (Nth Metal is a low experience amount compared to Exobytes, Sin Stones give bonuses to Tools of the Trade artifacts, Sunstones give bonuses to Kryptonian artifacts, and Exobytes give bonuses to Augments). The only reason we let other reagents be used is because we like them to remain useful if your artifacts are completed and they are useful during early levels.
    As systems designers we try to communicate with players how we would like them to use rewards, but still allow them freedom. In this case we are clearly communicating that you should use Exobytes for Augments. IMO, it makes sense to use Exobytes.

“So I take we we wont be able to vit/might type augment slots for a battle controller build... It will be vitalization and or dom only builds?”
    You are welcome to mix and match the augments at your disposal. Nothing says you cannot have half Vitalization and half Might.

Notes:
    Episode specific augments scale from the beginning level of the episode and end at the final level of the episode. So basically they are good when you get them and then get better. This should help inform those who are worried that they need to be granted more experience for these items to be compensated. They are already better than existing mods.

The amount of experience granted by Golden Exobytes can be adjusted during this testing time. This is one of the reasons we are having this feedback time. We will look into the values.

As mentioned before, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming. We are keeping an eye on it!
    • Like x 21
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Is there any possible way to a) remove the mods from player's inventory and gear and send them via mail to b) exchange said mods at some special vendor for a respective Exobyte or something?

Or just be generous and make two kinds of quest rewarded exobytes: Damage Byte (only for Prec or Might augment) and Support Byte (only for Trol, Tank, Heal Augment). Reward us with four of each.
    The endgame players who played two roles before just have what they need to continue doing that. The ones who just played DPS now have the option to start "easier" into support-role-gameplay.

I wouldn't mind them getting additional advancement where I would only get what I had before. As long as more support roles enter the game that way I'm all good.
    • Like x 5
  19. Proxystar #Perception

look forward to hear.

understood, you have to have the augments leveled in the first place to take advantage of the secondary role and the armories of course - see below

Yes. I appreciate the open testing and feedback process, what is frustrating though is that, I and many other people raised this issue the moment the augment system was even proposed and mentioned concern regarding how this would effect support roles and dual roling and it's confusing to see it launch in a manner that seemingly ignores the very concern initially raised, now I'm not intending to critisize you negatively, but it is however nontheless incredibly frustrating from a player perspective.

Players put in an exceptional amount of effort in to modding out and learning to play both roles for their characters and powers, if we do not get our stats back when we put the effort in to both our sides then that is 'punishment' any way you look at it.

I have the stats now and if they're not given back with equal stats in this new system then the effort I went to get those stats has been rendered insignificant, futile and pointless.

The only solution I see to this is to categorically be given our stats back in the new system, solutions as I see it.

A. give us 8 - 12 golden exeobytes so that we can mod enough augments to get the stats we currently have

B. give us already pre leveled augments of every type to the level appropriate to our CR, up to 193 and we level from there

C. create specific one off special exobytes that can be loaded into the augments either "combat" or "support" so we have to load them in to augments that apply and not just use the extra 4 supplied exobytes to unfairly stack just DPS from the get go for example.

Appreciate it.

I'm going to comment on this since, I'm the one that said it. The intention of my comment wasn't to be uncivil or even to be unconstructive, it was without a doubt however emotive. Can you blame me though when I look at the initial system and see my entire support or DPS stats I've worked towards being completely taken away from me, I'm not sure how you can see that any other way? Can you convince me that I'm not interpreting this correctly?

I guess this takes out option 'B' from above. but doesn't remove the problem I have in that my stats are removed from an entire side of my character.

Everyone is focusing on the golden exobyte shortage because it's the massive, glaring elephant in the room. We simply don't have enough to replace the stats we currently have on live, an entire side of our characters progression is being removed.

Except for the fact having half vit and half might initially is a stat decrease on what we currently have by being able to mod each role independently and imprint on an armory.

This is not a solution Avair.

My problem isn't the experience granted, it's the lack of exobytes available to me from the start.

I'm stuck losing what I currently have.

At the moment I have DPS stats that are XYZ, I have Controller stats that are XYZ, with this current system you are giving me enough golden exobytes for me to keep my DPS stats at XYZ but my controller stats are going to be "nil" in terms of what I was getting I am going to be taking a massive hit on whatever role I choose not to maximise under augments.

I'm struggling to see how as a player, I should even remotely accept this?

Now Again I am not being disrespectful, at all Avair and I hope you don't interpret my passion as being such, but this new system does not please me as a player at all. If it launches even remotely like this with the sort of impact it has on my character, then it is going to be very frustrating and annoying to put it lightly.

NerdofPrey also said during her live stream that our stats wouldn't be negatively impacted, which is true (by and large) if you consider a player does one thing and one role only, but people do not play the game one dimension-ally like that.

I look forward to hearing from you on Monday as to what solutions you pose.
    • Like x 8
  20. gemii Dedicated Player

please do not bring back that improved stealth tactical hand mod. its close to useless in pve and a cheese tactic when it comes to pvping/duels where gadget/mental players replace their pvp hand gear piece with a pve hand gear piece and put the improved stealth hand mod in it and have a huge advantage when it comes to pvp fighting. they remain in stealth an incredibly long time taking no damage while dealing an incredible amount of damage back because of how hard stealth moves hit
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.