Attention Sorcery & Earth Players...Let's Discuss Pet Advanced Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 28, 2014.

1. L T Devoted Player

I would like more ways to buff my pet. Right now there's a power interaction I can create to give my pet a damage boost and a shield/power return I can give him. I'd like to be able to affect my pet in other ways so that there's more skill involved and running with a pet is less brain dead.
    • Like x 2
  2. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

I was thinking to myself about maybe some kind of pet points system.Some way to focus pet augmentation so that you have more control about what it does and doesn't do when it's out and about.A pre-programmed ai like Skeets on steroids.Basically a stat system for all pets but not as extensive as regular stats just like upgrading your generator but for pets.
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

First make him have stats that mirror mine or at Least base damage off my might. Second allow them to regen power with their normal attack and maybe when the pet kills a pi afflicted enemy give them back some power or another alternative would be to make the pet give the owner a stat boost say 3% might boost as long as it has power.
  4. Proto1118 Committed Player

Adding more to my previous post, the AI of Pets need to be smarter too. I agree that they should react faster and be more aggressive. There were numerous occassions when I died using the Guardian to tank while I healed. I would cast Shard, enemies would swarm me, and before the Guardian could attack and grab aggro, I was dead. It needs to be instant. Enemies can attack you instantly, so should pets.

Guardian and Brick should grab aggro right away and try to keep the enemies juggled or CC'd.

Damage pets need to be power hungry. Like most DPSs in the game, the moment you give them power, the pet needs to use it right away.
    Also, maybe attack who you are target and when you tap the button they are assigned to. They should also use Final Ruin/Sandblast when enemies health drops below 35%.
    If they are going to have the Pets scale with our CR, then the damage increase should be pretty substantial. Example, @ 108, pets should do around 6500. At 109CR, it should be around 7250. 110CR, 8000 and so on.

Healing, the Watcher needs to quit being so power hungry and heal only when a group members health is below 75%. If you use RW and someone in the groups health is still below 75%, then the Watcher does its thing. If everyone is above 75%, then it doesn't heal. I can see where this might lead to some players being really lazy with the heals.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proto1118 Committed Player

No harm done. Re-reading it, the first part does seem like I was stating something and not a suggestion so I can see where there could have been a little confusion.
    • Like x 1
  6. pultinski Well-Known Player

imo, earths AM (awful mechanic) is just that, awful. a pet that has a AI that is smart as a bag of rocks. I have zero control over what it does and when. the biggest improvement would be to give us aftershocking as our AM, somthing that we can actually use as events unfold infront of us.
    what i'd like to know is, what % of earth players, by cr, use crystal regularly. that is a chart that would tell us if the earth community accepts crystal ( and our AM ), particularly for end game content. if only 10% of the earth population uses it, then that is all the evidence the devs need to confirm that it is indeed awful.
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Short of a seismic tree AM.

Placing debris field and reenforce in the same branch of the geo tree. This allows desks if players to pick up both for five skill points instead of the current six which is reasonable.

Changing the buff on reenforce to the standard 10 %.

Totem needs a buff, preferably a tank side buff instead of a DPS buff.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

Why can't totem get a buff in both?
  9. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Trying to be reasonable, I'm sure they use a point system to assign benefits to powers.

Plus totem makes more sense to skew tank, just on skill point allocation.

Just my opinion thou
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

Swapping around rumble crush, striking stones, and reinforce in the geo tree would make a lot of people happy.

Put RC where ss is now, put reinforce where RC is now, and put ss where reinforce is now, adjusting damage to where the powers would be in the new geo tree.

Also, I agree that the best way to improve earths advanced mechanic is to give it an aftershock am. But I wouldn't mind the pets getting a look as well.
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

I agree. It should be more of a tank power. But that 3% crit chance it has drives me nuts. And I also hate the robot, so I'd like to have another viable option to fill out my load out.
  12. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I am on board with you, I'm of the minority's opinion robot sidekick should be much more squishy, up the damage a very little but it make it complete pain in the rear to keep up, and make highly suspetable to any type of cc.

Would love an aftershock AM as I am much more a fan of the seismic tree then the geo tree.

Earth has two final tier powers that completely underwhelm. Totem and Tetonic break, I would personally like to see totem get some kind of buff on the tank side, maybe slows enemies in AOE radius based on dominance roll, or heals yourself and pets in tank roll, pve exclusive on the slowing part.

Tetonic needs a damage boost, so go with does more damage to crushed and dazed enemies, that way either a seismic or geo player would have a use for it and would give players options and variety always a good thing.
    • Like x 2
  13. Forced Penance New Player

Personally I would be happy to use fury if all of the powers I used returned a small amount of power and or tossed a shield to the pet.
    • Like x 1
  14. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yea she is very weak and power hungry compared to wm, i also agree with jpharrah idea about basing her aoe dmg on might instead of cr because you could have high cr and still find crystal aoe dmg weak.
  15. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

I was thinking about they should let totem not only heal the pet but also help recover power with fortify golem and with a little pet buff or something useful.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

More ways to get the pet power is definitely a start. But unless they use their powers more frequently they still wouldn't be hitting as hard or as often as wm or other am's.
    • Like x 2
  17. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Tru pets hit super soft compared to WM i think the dmg of pets should be based on might
  18. xXS0EXx Committed Player

If they don't want to change the cr based pets they should atleast give us better way to interact with our pets and be able to buff the pet when we want to just to make it controllable something similar to gadgets when they control their emp on terms of damage.

The power back option u guys mention would be awesome as well.
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

People have mentioned a power back option, but us (the players) having lower power when running a pet loadout has rarely been a problem; more often than not it's Crystal who is running low on power. I'm not sure if Fury is as annoying to keep powered as Crystal. Improving our ability to give Crystal/other pets power should take precedence over an arbitrary power back mechanic for ourselves (it seems like every powerset does this now just because).

I know some Earth players would like Crystal's damage to be based off our might, but I think it'd be cool if she was based off our precision. Seeing as we already have a prec buff it makes sense. To make Reinforce even more pet friendly I would change it to the following in dps role:

-10% critical strike chance/critical ability chance (changed from 7% to bring in line with Bloodlust and Carnage)
    -Increase Precision by 15%
    -Increase Crystal's damage by 15%
    -Provides a large power dump to Crystal

The critical strike chance just makes sense (splitting the 10% between Totem and Reinforce is silly), increasing Crystal's damage by 15% isn't huge but at least gives us two means of buffing her (Daze/Crush enemies, Reinforce), and the power dump would keep her throwing out powers instead of resorting to her decidedly weak martial arts attacks.
    • Like x 1
  20. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Finding watcher / brick / crystal dying alot in t6 (& yes I shield em).
    • Like x 1