Test Discussion Atomic Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Has anyone tanked UM with Atomic? I am trying to understand how tanking this power will work. The heals seem good for tanking low content. But tanking hard content seems problematic. You would basically healing the damage you just took out of block. As an ice and rage tank, I find this mechanic will have a hard time tanking difficult content like SM or UM elite.
  2. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Is it just me or does using Atom-Powered Assault after comboing a power twice not always apply the shortcut to the Aura?
  3. mexmex Dedicated Player

DOES IT WORTH TO SWITCH FROM ICE TO ATOMIC? testers what do you think
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

Yes. In comparison to live (similar stats) my Earth has it a lot easier in there. Havent tried UMe with Atomic to solo Trigon but just from what happened in normal its going to be tricky and not as easy as it is for me on live with Earth (and others with the other tank powersets). The heals are all nice but the health pool so small that they barely making difference of the amount of damage is floating around. Atomic could heal it back if the health pool would be by a minimum extended. Not on a fire standard, not even half of that. As said per 1 dominance point it would be buffering 2 combos to extra heal with already and you wouldnt feel so squishy in there.
    • Like x 1
  5. Avian EU Well-Known Player

These are the results I got from comparing the advanced interactions AM and the Combo AM at what I believe to be the mid range.

I did the rotation for both continuously for 5 minutes by using 30 seconds parser intervals and 10 second combat log interval.

Both tests were done with the following setup/stats

CR 126
    Might Generator mods
    Escalating Might Neck mod
    Max Damage Hand mod
    Core Strength Chest mod
    All League Hall Proficiencies active

Base Might 10449
    Base Precision 3406

First one is advanced interactions AM with the loadout:
    Beta Surge, Neutron Bomb, Nuclear Burst, Geiger Blast & Atom-Powered Assault

Rotation:
    1. Beta Surge > clip with APA
    2. Neutron Bomb
    3. Nuclear Burst
    4. Geiger Blast
    Repeat until APA is off cooldown and start from step 1 again.

[IMG]

Second is combo AM with the loadout:
    Beta Surge, Neuclear Burst & Atom-Powered Assault.

Rotation:
    Beta Surge > combo 2x > clip with APA
    Then alternate between Nuclear Burst and Beta Surge comboing both twice and clipping and clip with APA when it goes off cooldown as well.

[IMG]
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Good luck to spord because short of coming up with a completely new mechanic idk what he can do.

I would like to ask this though, how did you all come up with the numbers for the combo heals. Why 40% dom and 2%health. What where you looking at when coming up with those numbers? Is there a secret tank balancing thing we should be doing?
  7. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Hey Spord,
    The whole point of getting heal bonuses is to increase you healing regardless of source of healing. (mods, powers, etc)
    I'd like to know which of Atomic's heals are subject to crits. I hope all of them. But if any aren't that's a big disadvantage, esp if healing is part of our mitigation. Would you please give the official answer?

Also I think Atomic's unique tank power shold be +5-10% mitigation that doesn't stack with block . I.e unlike other tanks I'm not a blocking tank, I'm a tough tank
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

The question is irritating. Is it directed towards spord or the players in the thread? Last is pretty simple to answer, it was explained on the reveal stream by spord himself.
  9. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

It was directed toward spord and the only thing irritating is your attitude. Check it at the door. No one including myself had an attitude towards you, no need to act like you did.

It was not answered in the stream, at least not the extent needed to validate the numbers.
    • Like x 1
  10. appocolyps Committed Player

I say give us the self healing tank we have always wanted. We wanted fire to be the self healer but it became a health stacker. Work it around the Aura, the Aura signifies an Atomic reaction, as combos are successfully performed the Atom absorbs all the local neutrons, protons and electrons, allowing the HOTs to significantly grow in strength, once the reaction limit has been reached the user can sustain his HOTs via combos or use in an emergency (a new power) Reactive Implosion, an imolosion that causes all of the absorbed neutrons protons and electrons to viciously implode creating a huge shift in energy that removes the HOTs and creates a Burst heal varying in strength dependant on the Level of reaction achieved during the combo phase stacked with the users Dominance.
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

Second it after jumping on test and turning off all sound but effects. Never realized it on my own while I do find Quantum sounds annoying the aura sound was ignored until you mentioned it and checked specifically. It could definately be an issue for some. I hope for you guys it can be adjusted so you feel well with it :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Anyone (sometimes) not getting the aura after Beta Surge's second combo clipped into APA?
    This happened with me a couple of times, not that much but at annoying times.
  13. krytine Loyal Player

That
    Great mentioning serum love it. Most of the community freaked out when atomic was going to be a healer and serum tank but then again most ppl said muntons was going to be lamb now a ton of ppl still play it and 3njoy it. Now let's find out about the changes that might happen with el3ctric
  14. Avian EU Well-Known Player

Happens to me as well, it seems you can't clip it right away but have to wait and let a little of the animation play through before using APA for the aura.
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it might make the fortified blocking not useful for atomic but just frees you up to select something else and its not required anyway now with the new mitigation on block already added for all i rarly use it any longer
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im not sure why those are the numbers chosen but those are the ones said by spord
  17. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Indeed,if you clip too fast you get power regen but not the aura, however, it happened to me after starting the second combo animation. It's really rare though.
    Happens with the same rate as when I press range and my toon uses his weapon instead of doing his combo. I'm not sure if it's a lag thing.
  18. ACW37162 Loyal Player

If you want an experience completely different then ice, yes.
    • Like x 1
  19. DC-9xlives Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Causing migraines is not good. I'll take another pass on these two SFX.
    • Like x 5
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

You have to have two molecular charges (both tap combos) if you clip the second combo to quickly the shortcut won't work as you only have one nuclear pressure stack and one molecular charge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.