Armories Arrive in DCUO Next Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Captain Liberty, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelostczarnian New Player

it isnt a free respec dude. you can only have 10 sp and 3 pp unspent when saving your copy
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I think it could be considered a free respec. And this is how: I'm normally speced to healer. I use my free armoury to save my default loadout and style and such. I then decide to spec differently, either different healer or dps or whatever, after I'm done with the new loadout I could then use the free armoury to switch back to default when the time is right. Tada! Free respec. :)

EDIT: for more helpful tips to having one free armoury, check out this thread:https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/plus-side-to-our-single-free-armory.185265/
    • Like x 1
  3. IvoMnik New Player

This was altered after people start talking on these very forums how to use a SINGLE armory to use the feature . In the Armory preview you can see how an armory GETS imprinted with A TON of unspent skill/power points

At 26:31 one can see the start of the build that was used as an example - in the end of this demonstration ,which is at 30:49 this SAME build gets IMPRINTED with 109 UNSPENT SKILL POINTS .....

It is amazing how fast they can iterate on things when it is for THE MONEH - GU 33 WENT on TC less than 20 days after this video was released ....
    • Like x 2
  4. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I know fosho the price of skill points is going to be too much because they just don't mean all that much anymore. My main is at 164 and my alt is at 76-77(something like that), they both have the same gear and are both the same power at the moment cause I switched my main temporarily to get style feats and while there is a difference especially when doing things solo, it's not enough to make me want to spend money to catch up my alt faster than gaining them the old fashioned way unless they redo the value of skill points.
    I will however buy the 4pack of armories, 3 going to my main and 1 to my alt.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

The one problem with this thought though is that if I am going to the movie, I'm going for entertainment, not convience. The analogy for the movie is more related to the legendary sub and the armories is buying the 3d glasses.

$8 is only good for players that play one character. They are supposed to be making it easier to have alts, not deter them. Yes, I could buy 15 at once and trickle them through all, but I'm still paying more for alts than a person who has one. That's an issue. With legendary, I'm allowed to have 16 characters free. This convience isn't free for them. So that leaves me to want to spend $8 for my main and stick it to my alts, AGAIN.

A lot of the concept of enticing people to buy is to make it reasonable enough for them to want to shell out the prices. This is just too high.
    • Like x 13
  6. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

The price is steep because… WE’RE BUYING OUR FREE ARMORIES!!!

Now, we all know the full potential of armories isn’t realized until you purchase a second.

This being the case, the effective price of using armories to their full potential is $8 or $4 per armory.

Some might say I’m reaching but also factor that their best bundle prices additional armories at $60 or $4 per for 15 additional armories.

In the end, get rid of the bundles and go to a flat $4 per additional armory. Sure, it means you’ll only be getting $2 in your second armory market but you’ll exponentially expand the 1-5 armory market that you’re effectively destroyed with your pricing structure.

KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER BASE!!!

The only time big money is spent is during sales, steady purchases at $4 per for 1 to 5 ($4 to $20) should’ve been the market you aimed for.

I say this yet again… someone at SOE needs to learn the meaning of MICROtransaction!!!
  7. Couzintony New Player

Yea it is dude... Lolz u respec to healz n then use ur armory to use a free respec to ur dps....
  8. Jamie New Player

If I sell a rare item I always selling it for less than anyone else. I have never charged for making a mod. So that is 1 person.

Cash grabs do not have to equal pay 2 win like you are suggesting. This was nothing but a cash grab since it was the only way to get the aura. Most people bought the package to get the aura and SOE knew that would be the case so it was nothing but a cash grab.

Most cash grabs are purely optional. When a cash grab is not optional it is called extorsion.

I never had an issue with replay badges or the aura deal myself. These were things that would not get you kicked from groups for not having. No one cares that you don't have replay badges because it will not impact them. Same goes for the auras. I see much potential in the armories and people will be getting kicked for not having them. I was willing to buy 2 of them right away of they were priced correctly. At the current pricing they won't get any money from me. The good news is that as seldom as PS users get sales I'll probably have enough LP to buy the 15 pack by the time the next sale hits.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

This fits within the range of affordable for me. I plan on buying the 15 pack day one for my main. I don't plan on using them for any alts (I don't really play alts). I do see how this would be outside of the disposable income budget for a lot of players, especially those still living with their parents. I also see how the value of this feature is high enough that everyone REALLY WANTS MANY and people will find it very disturbing that they can't have/afford them.
    • Like x 3
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

I know what you meant. It isn't a free reset of your skillpoints.
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

Ok, how about this.

One Armory - $5 which is what a lot of people think is fair or $4 for the best price as they have it now.
    3 Pack - $9 ($3 per armory, fills one base)
    6 Pack - $12 ($2 per armory, fills one base and one alt base)
    15 Pack - $15 ($1 per armory, for those who have four bases or people who have a lot of alts).

I know I'll spend $30 on two 15 packs, rather than $0 as it's set up now.
    • Like x 4
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Be fair. I like Superman IV a lot more than I like the armory pricing. At least Superman IV had Christopher Reeve in it, who I thought played the dual role better than anyone before or since.

Now, if the armory pricing was put towards fixing all the bugs in this game and guaranteed that those bugs would be fixed and the customer bug reports would be responded to more often, I'd be all for it. As is, I've been asking for help with a bug that I've invested a lot of time into helping the developers track down, and I have yet to get a response about it from a developer or forum moderator. It has been almost a year since the bug report received any response.

13. JustSome_Chick New Player

I was just making some coffee and trying to think of this as a glass half full kinda deal. I thought.. well what if I just had ONE for each character, so each character could find use in the free one and actually have what was promised - "on the fly" changes without having to stop at banks and respec stations or carrying tons of inventory clogging items around.

Then I realised that in order to have just that ONE single extra one - in order to get the bare minimum intended functionality out of the armory for each character - I would have to shell out $60.

I knew this last night but here, in the light of day, when actively TRYING to look on the bright side- it made me shake my head and exclaim out loud "No freakin way man!"

*sigh*

(And before anyone assumes they know me or my financial state - I am at home right now yes. Because I own my own business and even make money while I sleep, so that is not the problem.)
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Sore, I know you didn't mean it this way, but this is how this sounded: "It's reasonable because I can afford it for one character. I don't play alts, so tough cookies if you do. I can afford the cheaper one because I can afford the $60 right away, if you can't, oh well."

Like I said, I don't think you meant it that way, but that did come out that way. Not everyone wants to buy so many or can do so many at once. Buying 1 or 2 each paycheck with a small income or heck, if they live with their folks, allowance. But $60 at one pop? That's just outrageous that we have to go that high to get a "good deal".

Personally I can afford it, I have a stable job, but I can assure you, if I didn't, which was 3 months ago, I wouldn't buy a single one. I had an unstable job and I was already buying things here and there with a recurring subscription.
    • Like x 2
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Or until you delete the character holding the armories. Then you just threw your money away. That's the part I really don't like. This should be an item that gets placed into the Marketplace Redeem/Claim category if you choose to delete the character you bought it for. There is no reason I should spend real money on something that can vanish from my account if I choose to delete a character in the future.
    • Like x 3
  16. GrumpySnot New Player

The Sound of the Worlds Smallest Violin.............................................

Im buying a four pack for my wife.
    An a fifteen pack for the lot of toons i have.

I have no beef, with the prices. Cant wait..... Still waiting...... COME ON ALREADY!!!!
  17. JustSome_Chick New Player

Lucky for Sony there's at least one of you folks who don't mind spending way more than value for every 100 people who would have bought some but who now won't. They might still make a few bucks.
    • Like x 8
  18. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Obviously I like this because the prices are much lower, but also the bundles make more sense being divisible by 3.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Isn't this a game? Isn't it all about entertainment? The company (while they cannot ignore the player base) still has to make a profit, and since you know what you are getting (entertainment) you should know that any money spent is gone. At least you get something that you can use more often useful than those horrible 3D glasses.
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If you have a character that is high enough to warrant having multiple loadouts and gear, why would you delete them?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.