Dev Discussion Anniversary Event: Centennial Collapse

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont agree with everything u say here, but i do agree with most. The 1 point i will speak on is the stuns. I feel this is poorly done. No mechanic at all and just stun, CC, stun, CC, etc. Boring, tedious, and annoying to the max. There is no challenge, its just annoying. What it looks like is a mechanic could not be thought of so just make him stun/CC players to death. The shield consumables to breakout dont even work half the time either.

Today i had the anti-monitor pull me in, then instantly knock me back, then that orbital strike thing fling me across the screen and lastly he put me in that bubble and lifted me in the air. This was all in rapid succession. All happened in a matter of 5,6 seconds. I find it to be ridiculous. And like i said there is no difficulty when it comes to this happening because nothing i can control stops it from happening. U are just at the mercy of the stun/CC. Extremely boring and annoying. Ive been playing for almost 4 years and this has to be the most tedious boss fight to ever be put into the game. Im not intending to be rude or criticize here, i just find it to be very unimaginative. Anti-monitor looks cool and great. But looking cool is about all he has going for em. Stun-monitor is what i call em. We as players dont find rapid fire stuns/CCs to be difficult, exciting, fun, or having anything to do with skill.

I know this is a seasonal event. But the anti-monitor should have some epic attacks or mechanics going on. At 1 point he just stares in 1 direction and is frozen except he slowly rotates. I thought he bugged out lol. I know he has high health and its looks like they are gonna reduce it. So im guessing he will die pretty fast with a good group. So a boss that stuns the bejeesuz out of us and then melts? :confused: Was really hoping there would be something we had to do as a group to take him down. Like an actual mechanic to kill him. Guessing that cant happen now tho cause the event is already live.
  2. CTCFirebird Active Player

Man... This 5 min feat is not even fair lol
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

The Inner Sanctum first boss finally was dethroned lol
    Its crazy. And on top of all that...i keep getting that BS were i cant do a thing. Not even block. Intended or not, at least would be nice to know whats happening and why. I tried different things (spamming exo-shields, not using qwa-bombs, doing low damage and more) but it keeps happening all the time.
    • Like x 1
  4. Millbarge Developer

We've been looking and testing and can't seem to get what's happening to you to happen to us. Do you have a video of this handy that we can take a peak at?

-Millbarge
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

No, but the thing is...there is no sign at all on the screen that something is happening. Everything looks normal, except i cant do anything so i dont think a video would help you guys.
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I am finding that most ppl in pug runs are not using Qwa-bombs and Exobyte Interference Shields.

I am running multiple characters through the event, to builld up my supplies to use in the raid. But if everyone is saving them up, literally not using them, for whatever reason, then I do not see the point to use them either. The max I have encountered is 3 ppl. The rest do not bother, either not knowing their usage or just saving them up to sell on the broker or to use in league runs.

Tried to form up group via lfg + shout so then I could use the supplies, but no luck.

My suggestion is to increase the amount of Qwa-bombs and Exobyte Interference Shields given via the dailies. Thus, people who have limited game time and only run one or two characters through the event will still have enough Qwa-bombs and Exobyte Interference Shields to enable smooth event raid runs.
  7. DeFrost Active Player

Anyone else noticed the CR jump to 230 isn't working properly on support roles.
    Current CR 186 go in to the event and get upgraded to 230 so in theory stats should increase.
    Yet when I check my tank stats my dom is lowered.
    The ice defence buff doesn't work and defence stays same stats.
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

This same issue happened to my leaguemate during our run Friday night. i thought he was DCed but apparently he told me he was frozen standing there not able to cast anything or move. Once he died though he got function back. Ill try and get more information from him later.
    • Like x 2
  9. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Sorcery's Arbiter of Destiny Supercharge is not working properly in the event raid.

I can empty my powerbar in less than half the time of the SC being up, though the Arbiter's powerbar is supposed to be "inexhaustible".

Maybe it has to do with CR-scaling (230 in the raid) and the powercosts going up with higher CR, but having a too small powerbar at the same time.
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

This right here. I can move, run, jump or fly (if my movement mode is changed during the fight)...and thats it. Either die or do nothing.
    Sometimes it goes away after a few, but most of the times is until you die or the boss is dead.
  11. Shifty Committed Player

Same thing literally just happened to me, was just in CC and I couldn't attack at all
    • Like x 2
  12. Shifty Committed Player

I think it's an issue with when anti-monitor changes your movement mode on you, that's how it happens to me anyway, it forces me into a different movement and I'm stuck unable to attack or do anything but move around and look like a moron.
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...atleast now i know its not only me. I was going crazy thinking no one else was having this problem. I mean...i didnt see anybody talking about it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

Other than the original Valentine's Day seasonal, this event is the worst idea that the DCUO devs have ever come up with. I hate this event.
    • Like x 2
  15. CTCFirebird Active Player

I don't think this 5-min feat is worth my health because I've been running it with an lfg and when they don't get it, they literally quit; they give up way too easily. When ask for some help with other, they don't want to help you... I've aready went through 2 surgeries last year - One hell of a setback in my life; possible 3rd surgery on the way... who knows... I think I'm done trying to achieve the Time Dilation feat.
  16. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I'll add that the Monitor's CC is much too heavy handed and directly makes rage tanking much more difficult due to his CC locking you out of cancelling rage crash. Tank breakout powers can free you, but if you're not carrying both breakout powers, or one and a breakout trinket, the setup is stacked up high against rage in particular. I tend to end up using remoseless recovery by itself if there's a healer present, because I don't want to use the breakout power for myself, but to free all my allies from CC (as it should be).

Haven't had Monitor put my actions on lockdown, but I have had him CC me when I should still be immune to CC (still flashing white from a breakout effect). It's much like the lasher enemies in the Arkham alert, whose vine pull ability has built in control overrides that you can't do anything against, similar to Captain Cold's iceball encasement that you couldn't break out of (and i'm assuming still can't).

There are also several enemies that can dominate you with CC through a block; bypassing the increased CC resistance you should have if you are blocking before the effect hits you. In the case of Monitor, i'd rather see his CC spam adjusted so it's more of a battle mechanic. As soon as the first CC effect happens, the player should be able to break out, and then hold block. if the player is fast enough, they will be immune to further CC, but if they break out of the first effect too late, then they're at the mercy of Monitor's mad juggling skills. If you're blocking from the very start, you'll be immune to all of it. That would be harder to do as several of his attacks don't have any significant tells, so you're not going to be able to avoid a breakout every so often - just often enough so that stacked breakouts don't sap you of power in any kind of cheap fashion.
  17. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Hello Millbarge-

Somewhat related to this is the effect of sub-30 sodas as well. This is an issue in all events, but much more apparent in this Anniversary content. The sodas for characters below 30 are doing point based heals & power heals, so popping one of these does next to nothing on the buffed stats. Is there a way to make them behave like Extremes in seasonal content? Maybe it would be easier to just have one percent based soda of all levels?

Thanks.
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The thing is that the Shields are not for "breakout" you need to pop them BEFORE the stuns happens bro, there are tells that let you know when its going to happen (pink aura on the floor prior to the Antimatter orbitals and the rise hand animation of the Antimonitor when he lifts the team on the air).
  19. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Yes I'm one of those ppl who got cheated out of Tht feat as well if this is actually true
  20. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Did the timer start when u fought anti monitor or before
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.