Dev Discussion Anniversary Event: Centennial Collapse

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello everyone. My name is Rob (aka Charon) and I’m a new designer at Daybreak. I helped with the Anniversary Event: Centennial Collapse raid, so hopefully you’ll enjoy it! We’ll be monitoring this thread so please leave any feedback, questions, or concerns you may have with the content.

Enjoy the content and kicking the Anti-Monitor’s butt!
    • Like x 7
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I really enjoyed the mechanics in this event, and think similar mechanics would make raids/elite raids more fun.

Well done with the design :)
    • Like x 4
  3. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

I like it a lot. So great to see the Anti-Monitor in the game at long last.

The start of the raid feels a bit too long/monotonous when destroying 9 of those shards. 6 or less feels right to me.
    • Like x 8
  4. ·The·Flash· New Player

I really enjoyed it a lot and i think the game is heading into a much better direction now :) I was just wondering if anyone could answer me about what happened to the Stats revamp update, I was told it was going to came along with the Anniversary event but as far as i have seen, it hadn't been introduced. Will it be in the game soon or will it arrive with its own update? Thank you :)
    • Like x 1
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I've ran it twice, both times with 1 tank and 1 healer.

The first part with the stones is ok. The adds are a little strong and have to much def/hp. But it definately forces people to stick together or die. Phase 2-3 i guess i will just be a whiner and say it sucks. Anti-matter smacks people for 60-75% of health regardless of role. A healer has no chance in hell of keeping up with that. There is no way dps guys can spread and stop AM from absorbing shadows. Its just a massive waist of soda and $$. The more support roles you have the crappier the burn which means longer raid/more death. Not my idea of fun. But the rewards r nice.

To me the fun version of this is that it takes the same amount of time to burn but without all the insane damage spikes. A healer is almost worthless in the 2nd and 3rd parts.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Can the soda machine in the instance be updated to include sodas for people that are lower than level 30? I only saw Soda Cola Extremes when I interacted with the machine.
  7. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

This event just isn't fun to me. It feels more tedious and drawn out. I don't mind the objectives, however, it just feels like you have to do a lot for each objective.

The power return/scaling when you're 230 is bad as well. It's not scaling properly, so you're using way more power and getting back not as much as if you were below 190.

The most frustrating thing about this event is the CC, AM does. I think that's what makes it not fun to me at all. You can't break out of it. So you're just stuck when getting CC'd and it happens, A LOT. You get knocked out of your combos, you can't heal/troll. It's just really annoying. If feats weren't attached to this event, I wouldn't run it. It's not fun to me.
    • Like x 7
  8. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The consumables you get from doing the dailies, help in here. The qwa-bombs do a ton of damage to the adds/shards and the shield you get will also shield your whole group. Both have a very short cooldown and anyone can use them. I'd suggest your group make sure they have them to make the instance faster.
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

CC is an issue, it runs way too much and last too long, most times I could break out but soon as I hit the ground got hit with another CC. As a troll it doesn't feel good that you can't even control while on the CC, can't debuff the boss and half the time you spend it been thrown away by an orbital with no warning of any kind.
    • Like x 2
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I thought it was just me. The power back I get is horrendous and I don't know why.
    • Like x 1
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I loved the raid (especially so after we destroyed all the shards). I'd really love to see more raids like this but the whole raid would be like the last boss. I wish the raid was longer.
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I had a lot of fun running this! It feels like a giant-sized Seasonal, and that's perfect for our anniversary. The CC effects were a tiny bit heavy-handed, but otherwise it was great! Thanks for spending the time and effort to give us this!

Possible Glitch: Somebody in the Raid dropped just as we were starting. We voted to replace that player and when the new player entered the instance, his CR displayed as his normal CR (and quite low at that).

If it's just a display issue, that seems like it won't effect much.

But if this player somehow missed the 'buffing' to 230 CR, he probably had a miserable time.
    • Like x 1
  13. loupblanc Dedicated Player

As dps/heal/troll, when you get cc and are stuck in the air dangling (not the knockback cc), can't break out, and have to wait till you drop to the ground to perform any action again, does the tank group breakout help ppl to break out of that cc?
  14. Ully Committed Player

I agree with the feedback in regards to the stuns and power back mechanics. It feels off and the event itself is a boring if I'm being honest. The objectives are cool but its a long fight which makes it a snooze fest. I had to stop after 10 runs because I was getting sleepy lol
    • Like x 4
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The event is terrible. Atleast pugging it through que is. I can't imagine getting 1-3 level 5 dps in there with no am damage.
    It's suppose to be for alts, but no one will want to run this multiple times per day. Just wow
  16. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

My first run was as the solo healer. No tank. Two controllers, everybody else were DPS. I couldn't tell if anybody else was actually lower than level 30. It was doable, but would have been a hell of a lot easier if a tank was present to maintain aggro. My gripe is the 9 shards. Was a bit too tedious. 6 is a sweet spot, as somebody mentioned above. By 9, it's "Okay, we get it. Stahp" - otherwise, we failed to prevent Anti-Hall Monitor from powering up. Everybody was scattered too far apart and the two controllers were worried more about power and trying not to get hit than being able to take a step back and realize they needed to stun the shades. I also avoided using any of the consumable buffs from the last events. I don't like messing with my loadout in a fight. :<
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Anyone have tips for the 5 mins speed feat o.o?
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I didn't even realize there was one. lol. But if there is, everyone in the group should take a lot of grenades, 1 Healer, 1 Tank, 1 Troller, and 5 DPS.
  19. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This is happening with groups in the open world as well as they are showing at their original level. However it seemed like they were doing buffed damage and the gear was holding up against attacks. I am assuming that it is a visual glitch.
  20. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Movement mode changing status effects seems to break comboes and channels. Free clip for PI powers kinda like phase dodge back in old times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.