An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Seethra Well-Known Player

I subscribed though, I remember enjoying DCUO alot back in the day and the monthly fee is manageable, so I decided to open up everything (and have the additional character slots and bankslots etc.)
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Just trying to get all power guides on page 1
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah I know. Just couldn't believe how long it had been since anyone had posted here before you did
  4. Seethra Well-Known Player

Literally eating up this guide. As a returning playing (4 years absence or so) I have decided to settle with an Atomic character after dabbling in Mental and Quantum a bit and I am loving it.
    So many different choices, interactions, combo and non-combo paths and such, this is a fabulous power to choose.

I considered Ice but am so glad i went this route.
    Wonderful!
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've used the guide. Just nothing really new to post. It's is such a great all around power for do and tanking.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dps and tanking, lol, stupid phone.
  7. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Saw some guy tearing ish up in OLY. He was right next to the boss jumping like a jumping bean. I guess that's why you guys say the combos are better lol.
  8. Fission Active Player

Just made an atomic character so this will come in handy. Only really commenting to bump it to the first page again lol
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Soooo was something taken away from atomic to ad anti-matter bomb?.... cause thats not already in the game...
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Combos are definitely better but honestly there isnt that much difference from what ive tested.. (keep in mind i havent played this game since october)
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Nvm looks like they got rid of subatomic substitution ... the one that worked basically like how reinforce works in tank stance for earth... you press that and the team mate with the lowest health has a portion of their damage in go to you .... this wont be missed i dont know many people who actually used it
    • Like x 1
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Was handy in PvP for 4v4.
  13. Hanlower New Player

What is the helmet mod of choice from the capsules when it comes to tanking and dps?
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

I use super charged energize 3 for my tank and crit atom powered assault 3 for my dps
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

learning? whens the next CR boost and open access :rolleyes:
  16. Tat Level 30

I need help. I'm a 60-year-old player. After playing the game for more than 5 years i just recently discovered what range and melee tapping means. I’ve played the game since about 6 months after it went live.

My main is atomic and has 189 to 190 cr with 222 sp. My question or issue is I have a hard time learning the activate power and timing the tap or tap twice power interface. I use a laptop and mouse to play the game. I struggle to pop and maintain the QGA. I currently use the Geiger blast and beam rotation found on DCUO bloguide. I’m frustrated because I suspect my damage output should be near the top but instead its 3rd or 4th.

Do all powers in DCUO have the activation tapping interface or is this limited to atomic, quantum, and mental? I ask because I’m an old fashion hack and slash player. Clipping, moving, jumping and tapping has been hard for me to get used to, not to mention master.

Since I like to hack and slash, is weapon mastery an option? My preference or style of play is to use powers and play from mid-range to range. Admittedly I am a dinosaur play style wise. I gotten this far mainly playing solo and doing a lot of PUG Because I’m married, I frequently league hop or go prolonged periods w/o a league because I don’t have the time to develop friendships that come from prolonged play. Game play time, for me is very limited and frequently interrupted or occurs in spurts. Maybe it’s time for me to give up gaming or find a solo player game. I’m sorry, please excuse my thinking out loud.

Thank you and much appreciation for your advice.
  17. L T Devoted Player

The activation is limited to Atomic. Quantum and mental both have AMs that are similar to the Geiger Blast style of Atomic-- which does decently, as you've found.

The timing of the clip is just something you have to get used to. If you get things just exactly right there are certain rotations of the power + melee or range-tap combos which can do really really well (look in the first page or two of this thread). But most of the time you'll be limited to about what you'd get our of the Geiger Blast AM. If you like to play from mid-range out, you can use Geiger Beam instead of the Blast-- it doesn't do as much damage close up, but does the same at mid-range, plus it hits at long range. Plus it can do extra damage when your target is low on health.

Weapon Mastery doesn't really do good damage now. There's a huge update on the test server that's intended to make stats matter more then CR which improves weapon mastery attacks by a lot, gets rid of AM, and makes a host of other changes.
  18. Tat Level 30

Thank you.
  19. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

So with the revamp and removal of AM, does this make the 1234 play-style obsolete? What will the new DPS rotation consist of?
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Yes 1 2 3 4 Geiger am is dead. Refer to the testing section