An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Oh I know haha penguin is clever with his freezing me right when I wanna roll away from them lol
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

Power regens over time by itself. Faster if you choose the "superpowered" focus-- which you should if you like the combos.

Geiger Beam is a finisher. They're useful again under revamp.

Geiger Blast is a hard hitting melee (mid-range? need to check my notes) damage power that you should use if you want to clip weapon attacks.

Atom Powered Assault only buffs weapons now. It doesn't have any place in a combo-only rotation.

After Revamp, I think the best way to activate the aura is Electron Flare. You get a short range DOT and some CC effects.
  3. chaotic3430 Committed Player

What's the point of the Aura if it doesn't buff damage or return power? I understand the Tank use for it, but DPS?
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Anxient explained it above for me I was also curious about the aura he said it acts as a pi.. it increases the damage your combos do with a self pi rather then a pi like dazed where you apply it to the target
    • Like x 1
  5. Roomba Dedicated Player

Could someone please refresh my memory...

Why, when using the same rotation, is my power consumption so much more efficient while battle tanking compared to dps role?
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

The power costs for all but one of our combos is double in dps stance. After messing around with some other powers last night it really seems like something is off with atomic at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

On top of this info im not sure about how roomba battle tanks but before this update when i used to tank ... i didnt go through as much power in tank stance for the sole reason of i just wasnt clipping as much i was letting combos go their full duration as i wasnt goin for keeping up with the dps so no fast clipping meant more time for the power bar to refill its self
  8. L T Devoted Player

It's a 10% damage buff, just like applying a PI
    • Like x 1
  9. Pyroseraph360 Active Player

Which one would that be? I haven't been able to get around to seriously checking out the powers on my Atomic toon yet. Or are the power costs for the combos in the tooltips?
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

They're in the tool tips now. I'm terrible at remembering power names though. It's one of the range combos.
    • Like x 2
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So I respeced for tank used the super powered focus while putting a lot of my sp into all the damage crits with half and half of my sp placed in might and health. Did some solo content it was not at all that bad in tank stance time wise. Did a duo as well we breezed through it I didn't feel like a burden however I'm full tank spec as I don't have enough good pieces of tank gear to give me the dom suggested to take any tank gear off in kinda trying to figure out should I go dom might in mods might health
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Have you tried speccing sp into dom instead of health? Dom is much more valuable to our self healing through combos. Not sure how many sp you have but here's my sp spec:
    Power Mastery
    All damage crits
    100 sp into might/power
    147 sp into dom
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

I will come back to atomic I think, but I got fed up with the dps sode of this so I switched.

In dps role, the power costs are just ridiculous, forcing me into boring slow rotations, instead of the rotation I described earlier in this thread. That is what made atomic fun for me, but I cant even sustain it during a troll SC.

Battle tank is largely untouched and the best part of this set imo. I maintain half of a really strong dpser's dmg out, which was always my goal when I started doing this a year ago.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I have 250+ I can't remember off the top of my head but I'll try this

As far as mods tho is dom and might the best bet on all slots ?
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

Its really up to you. You can go more aggressive with dom/might or beefier with dom/health.
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah i think dom might would be the way i would go in the reds... and the slots where the bonus is useless... and put dom health in the slots that would be more helpful thanks for the info man
    • Like x 1
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

No problem
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Has anyone messed around with the two dps SC's? I've done a little testing and they seem pretty balanced (the 50% hits about half as hard as the 100%) do you guys have a preference?
  19. L T Devoted Player

I like atomic blast myself. I'd rather have something ready to use.

Radiation Burn was really strong when I used it on the test server though. I can see some people preferring it.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I havent dpsed much mostly liking the tanking but i liked the cheaper one better it was faster and hit decently ... honestly though i dont even know what to do with dps right now.. im not sure the best technique

Mind you its cause im not testing it..so i cant really help too much but based on number i liked the cheaper one