Test Discussion Ally: John Stewart

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Mar 29, 2024.

1. SoggyDcuo Active Player

Cardboard please reply to the this reply. For enduring will passive for John steward instead of increasing just shield strength can you guys look into troll group supercharge shielding in general. Hardlight have the weakest shield out of every troll power in game. Can you guys grab the strongest troll power shield and make every troll power supercharge shield have the same strength. Then with the 35% shield buff can you add increase duration to troll power supercharge to last longer and add if the troll supercharge shield break it adds a damage reduction to group for 12 secs. Now last but not least can you guy have the enduring will shield construct shield to match the color to each powerset color so that it’s not awkward using it as another power that not a green lantern. Also last thing for corps combo can you guys change the color of the bracelet on hands to match the combo powerset power when it active. I’ve reply to other stuff that can improve combo base powersets in thread please look at that as well about corps combo passive when it comes to power cost reduction and how this issue can be solved. Thanks for your time if you read this comment.
  2. SoggyDcuo Active Player

When it comes to legendary allies they are suppose to be strong and impactful. When you hear the saying “The myth, the legend!” you already know what time it is to strap your sit belt kick back and enjoy the ride cause your time has finally come.
  3. SoggyDcuo Active Player

Even if the combo base powerset gets more stat to power cost reduction and might % duration buff it’s not going to change the fact that precision is superior in every way imaginable now. Precision is faster in damage, has the highest stat buff period with troll arts, low animation delay when attacking, don’t need power to dps, more fixable for powerset in game, new player/return player friendly and etc… Let’s be real now in elite or elite plus (that I only play for fun) content are you able to melee 100% of the time and not die. The answer is no cause boss/adds have lethal aoe attacks and environmental mechanics can hit over your health that are ment only for tanks to take anyway. For powers like rage which was literally made to do melee can’t even play as intended as the power suggest. Now precision is literally doing damage as if you are a melee dps but from range with little to no penalty at all. I encourage more melee dps playstyle cause it was intended to be the highest dps than range dps but with high risky and high reward.
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dont see how most of this is relevant to John Stewart.

Both playstyles have their advantages. Generally Prec excels at shorter fights (less than 15 seconds) and fights with multiple phases where the targets switch from single target to AoE and back, which is mostly an Armory cooldown issue for Might.
    If we project this on every content type we have, Prec is better for Normal content and in Hallways/Aoe based fights in E/E+.
    Might can keep up with Prec on pure single target or at times even be better (heavily dependant on powersets from either side).

Something you also have to keep in mind is that Prec is more active, meaning you have to press more buttons to get to that extreme dmg output and some take it even further with Omac trinket swaps and Incendiary mine clipping.
    On the other hand you could also boost your might damage by swapping out Ebon before using your finisher or simply never use a finisher. To clarify, I dont necessarly mean swapping in Dks for the exploit-like damage potential but any other artifact to simply keep the stacks.

In terms of buffs both have roughly the same amount. Prec has Cog, Parasite and the base % buff from Trolls instant power ability while Might has Claw and Tetra. Due to Might not being balanced around a permanent 33% +20 % prec buff, its much more potent whenever you receive a % based might buff. Also, if you have a Troll you're familiar with that has great power-output, you can adjust your loadout and make some rotations work that usually arent possible but do more damage.
  5. SoggyDcuo Active Player

To brush upon this further. If the the devs reprogram the weapons in game that bosses and adds do for aoe only hit the player that they are aggro to in group. Then players that enjoy the melee play style can actually survive and inspire to be not only a melee dps but actually consider tanking as well.
  6. SoggyDcuo Active Player

I understand this fully of what you’re saying. I am 1 of the few trolls that buff everything and keep uptime on buff 90% of the time and 10% goes to me picking up, raid wipes or trinkets, Allie’s etc… on cooldown. I am full aware of stat differences between might and prec and know how to synergize everything from the beginning of fight to end on trinkets ally etc… Now when it comes to speed and survival prec is superior in every way imaginable try swapping in raids as might that give you no time to swap. Raids such as clock tower elite, Flash future severe or critical and etc… The safes dps in game is prec. Precision don’t need to swap to do damage more than might does and it’s only a handful of powers that can keep up with prec in general. I could make this an extremely long comment but I will save you from this as a friend. I use your commenting in reply to Rtx cause I couldn’t find his comment in thread. One last thing brand of Hecate increase the gap much larger for prec than might just so you know. Synergy with like minded people can be extremely affective to buffing as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. SoggyDcuo Active Player

On more thing to say, anything that might get from trolls increase prec further in damage. Since now we can max both stats fully in both might and precision. For certain powersets in game gets stronger with prec in ever update. Last but not least brand of Hecate can fully power all ebon user and anyone who are power hungry.
  8. RTX Well-Known Player

We pretty much given the same statements there as i´ve written in page 5 already:

What i also added:

I admit, and also wanna add that there are 2 powers which can boost its Single-Target, even at low equipment ranks and that´s Nature with "Swarm" and Ice with "Snow Devil", both would be clipped under weapon buff. "Snow Devil" is even better since it stays active longer than the 12s duration, which leads to you having 2 "Snow Devils" for ~6s until 1 vanishes. In AOE i would exchange them with Supercharge, they good in AOE damage but based on attacking speed SC would be better.

While all this is important to consider, it´s out of topic for the Ally itself. We know that they won´t balance, since "the task is far greater" for them. We just have to make sure that Allys dont become Pay2Win just because people see them as the only chance to archive "balance". That will only help a small portion and not the majority of the game.

At the end, they have to balance powers, weapons etc. no matter how great the task is. Or they go the only acceptable route of making powerset boosting Allys "rare" only.
  9. SoggyDcuo Active Player

Earths jack hammer is not a combo at all. Jackhammer is just an ability that has an unlimited spam of the same animation until you are depleted out of power. However, upheaval is a combo cause it actually evolves the more you progress on the ability.
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This is false. Aftershocks are explicitly a type of combo. This was stated on release. Like all other combo powers they did prec damage until the sweeping update to DPS powers. "Evolving as you progress" is not something official supported and was just arbitrarily made up by you.

JH just has a unique ability to be limitlessly combo into itself.

Earth can be considered a combo power since using JH, Upheaval, and even Gemstone shield are essential to Earth performing in either stance. Eartha and Atomic are unique in the fact that they were inherently designed with two ways to play. They deserve to benefit from JS as much as Rage, Light, and Celestial. Heck, i don't see a good reason to exclude any powerset that has combo abilities. It's not like pump action shotgun will become the META for Munitions. Even if they added the proposed buffs people want , I see no need to exclude some powers because they don't fit a narrow definition. If it was designed Specifically to benefit Light and maybe Rage , fine put a tag for light and rage. However, it is clear they want to cover all combo powers and consider any power that can chain into another power or itself without activating the tray again and uses reduced power cost for the successive casts a combo.
    • Like x 1
  11. SoggyDcuo Active Player

To fix that issue is that all allie’s and artifacts should be disabled in any pvp features related to pvp.
  12. SoggyDcuo Active Player

Good thing you bring that up which I wanted someone to do to enlighten them. Aftershock triggers by earths combos if we want to be technical about it. Earth only have 2 powers that are combos. The 1st power is gem stone shield cause it actually evolves further in animation. Gem stone shield absorption scale base off of every stones you get in combo from 1,2,3 and 4 for aftershock. The 2nd power combo for earth is upheaval which also evolves in animation as well. Upheaval have a dust tornado that enlarge in size. Upheaval activation start with small dust tornado, 2nd mid, 3rd large and 4th maximum size. Again neither of these powers i mention are unlimited spam. If you go to power and traits for earth. It clearly states Jack hammer is unlimited not a combo. I’ll give you the benefit of a doubt that you are not as informative or observant as much as I am. One more thing is that upheaval and Jack hammer are triggers to active and extend aftershock as a tank only. Small note gem stone shield extends aftershock as well but don’t activate aftershock.
  13. SoggyDcuo Active Player

I feel you on this brotha. It’s just that if Js is going to be targeted towards combo base powers (dependent) it should be only for them. Powers that are meta gets a drastically increase in damage more than combo powerset if everyone can use it. That would also defeat the purpose of announcing join steward. Poison Ivy in 1 hand how many powersets can use her might passive. The answer is none can but nature itself since it was exclusively for only nature. If nature passive was able to be apply to all powersets. Then John steward can be a bridge as well for everyone to use. Look at zatanna ally she was suppose to be exclusive be for sorcery not for everyone. Since zatanna is for everyone’s powerset and not just for sorcery. Other powersets can benefit more from zatanna than sorcery. Example robot side kick if it gets a buff it does more damage cause zatanna buff it. Let’s say you are a mega power like munitions. Munitions gets a damage increase just because all you do is press powers that do more damage than sorcery. While just doing rotation it guarantees buff on pets you have out. To do that to sorcery it’s like a slap in the face. In my opinion earth is strong than sorcery with zatanna just because it doesn’t need to pet build to to high dps.
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The big elephant in the room is that we are starting to accept Allies as fixes for individual powers and not something fun and a bit extra as original advertised. That means they are charging 25 dollars for a balance patch. Yes you can get them for free by grinding for source marks but letting this slide sets a bad precedence. The Ivy ally should have applied to any DoT applied not just poison. This would let many powers take advantage but nature still getting a good edge.

I'm completely of the mind that the Zatanna passive should just have been baseline to all pets. Fortify Golem etc should have been an attack command to have you pet use it's big attack on demand(with a cooldown).

However , they have put themselves in a catch 22. If this new team does perform overhaul to powers and get money put into the systems team , I think they have to make hard decisions. Either you flat out change the allies to have different passives and incur the wrath of the people who will feel like time and money wasted or they just don't balance powers at all and show that they are locking ability patches behind a soft paywall.
  15. SoggyDcuo Active Player

I feel ya on this comment. I am not an advocate for Allie’s or artifact they put in game. I only suggest these things to benefit players that are not well equip in arts, allies stat points(skill points) in general. For an example I play troll role not because I enjoy it. I play the troll role because I know the unbalanced when it comes to content that require certain stat to even play them. As a troll I have the ability to help those that are new/returning players that don’t have the stat cause there are to many ways to build up in game. In so of doing this new/returning and people that watch live stream get encouraged/excited to play dcuo. My enjoyment of the game is helping others and giving them a good experience to draw traction to bring friends and family to play. I am extremely helpful when it comes to guidance and answering questions that majority of people/devs would not do or explain it as simple in terms. There are some many people that are misguided and discouraged when it comes to this game to build up while enjoying playing the game. I want the game to flourish but it gets hard to do it cause of these ally, arts, aug etc… that are obstacles to enjoy playing for new/returning players.
  16. L T Devoted Player

Finally got a chance to test JS updates before work this morning. Feel like the uptime on the power reduction should be longer. Cyborg is not a legendary ally and gives twice as much power benefit with 100% uptime.
  17. Maxwill Dedicated Player

the crappy parts of this game add up and push people away... common sense, i guess for you isn't common.
  18. RTX Well-Known Player

You know what, i´m still pissed about you guys at Dimensional Ink/Daybreak.

However i retought about the whole Ally/Balance story and what´s best for the game.

1. Is the Ally good enough to sell much?
    No, not for a legendary ally.
    2. Does it hurt the game or balance if this Ally gets increased?
    Yes and No, as i assumed before...maybe 10% consider buying it.
    3. Would it be better to make powerset increasing/balancing Allys rare in future?
    Yes. You shouldn´t have to spend additional money to have your powerset competable.

Conclusion:
    If you want this ally to make income...increase it. It doesn´t affect 90% of the players anyway, therefore let those 10% open their pockets to keep this game alive, until we get real developers again.

If you would have started to make it a rare or epic Ally, you wouldn´t be in this ****** up situation, but you´re so greedy that you only consider making legendary ones.

"its simply that the task of a power rebalance is far greater than that of making an ally" - Ranmaru

Rethink about that, it´s a coin with lies on both sides. Just to make people think that legendary ally is the only solution, doesn´t mean that everyone is that small minded, when there is the "rare" Ally section which would even require less work than Epic, Legendary. The other lie every programmer knows, sadly that side of the coin is hidden for most in here.

I only care about the game, not about you. I did for developers like JackFrost, but even there you been more busy in talking a member of your team down "He´s the one where it always bugs" and ****, atleast did he care, beeing on Test-Server and checking the content with the Testers, same as Millbarge.
    • Like x 2